Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The week that was - Feb 17th 1976 Charlton 3 Fulham 2

2»

Comments

• I thought Killer chested in the winner from close range after their keeper parried a shot in the last minute, however its a long time ago so I wouldn't put too much money on that. As for Bobby Moore, by the time he played for Fulham he was getting on a bit and occasionally resorted to the dark arts of defending....on such occasions Killer wasn't noted for turning the other cheek.
  • When talking about him to West Ham mates, I always refer to Moore as 'The jewel thief of Bogotá'.

Never fails to get a bite. :wink:
  • edited February 2015

I thought Killer chested in the winner from close range after their keeper parried a shot in the last minute, however its a long time ago so I wouldn't put too much money on that. As for Bobby Moore, by the time he played for Fulham he was getting on a bit and occasionally resorted to the dark arts of defending....on such occasions Killer wasn't noted for turning the other cheek.

It was definitely near the line, I seem to think it was a close header. A cross from the west side attacking the covered end.
  • I thought Killer chested in the winner from close range after their keeper parried a shot in the last minute, however its a long time ago so I wouldn't put too much money on that. As for Bobby Moore, by the time he played for Fulham he was getting on a bit and occasionally resorted to the dark arts of defending....on such occasions Killer wasn't noted for turning the other cheek.

Definitely how the goal was scored. Killer 3 Mullery 2!!
  • I was with a huddle of people in the corner between the covered end and the east terrace, waiting for the final whistle to blow so I could bolt out of the nearby exit and sprint to the station. I had a great view as the ball came in from the left wing and Killer bundled the ball in at the far post with what looked like a combination of chest, right arm and right thigh. Can't remember another thing about the game.
  • What about killers first goal, that was a thunderbolt, does anyone remember that, I had a clear
    view from the west stand, top corner , 25 to 30 yards out