Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton are looking at swindon's Leon Clarke in a swap deal with Paul Benson !

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Getting the 26 year old Clarke in a straight swap for a 32 year old who currently spends his Saturdays gardening isn't the worst deal is it?

Giving Clarke a chance to show what he can do for the rest of the season is a decent move. Low risk with the potential of a decent reward.

If it doesn't work out (either football or personality wise) - Cheerio.

• Options
    edited December 2011

Can't believe Powell would make such a big emphasise on bringing in the "right personalitites" then bring in this pr*** he's garbage aswell

Better goalscoring record than Yann this year.

Kermo isn't relyed on as a 'goalscorer' per say

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2011
    Clarke is playing in League One, 9 goals in 13 games for Chesterfield.
  • Options
    4th top scorer in the league with 11 ( 9 for bottom club Chesterfield) speaks for itself
  • Options

Saw him play for Chesterfield certainly a handfull did he miss from 5 yards ? With him in the fold SCP will be halfway to holding a donkey derby.Do we think we need better than Benson not someone from the same mould.

Your move BWP score at Orient

• Options

Can't believe Powell would make such a big emphasise on bringing in the "right personalitites" then bring in this pr*** he's garbage aswell

Clarke plays in league 2

I guess you haven't followed much football this season.
  • Options

Really hope not.

Seems that the spirits all good at the moment in the dressing room, No need for 'trouble players' who will spoil it

• Options

LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Really hope not.

Seems that the spirits all good at the moment in the dressing room, No need for 'trouble players' who will spoil it

If SCP thinks he can handle him then that's good enough for me. Harry Redknapp has spent a lot of his managerial career getting the best out of so called 'trouble players' and one of those was a certain Paulo Di Canio! Furthermore Russel had an issue at Preston and he's fitted in nicely.
  • Options
    Im not sure having a argument with Di Canio constitudes being a trouble maker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2011

Benson won't play for us & Clarke won't play for Swindon. Seems like neither club can lose out.

The worst case scenario is that Clarke causes trouble, in which case Powell tells him to do one & doesn't want him at the training ground.

As Clarke will be looking for a new club, I think he will be out to impress.

A risk worth taking imo. One of the league's top scorers on loan at bottom club Chesterfield. The bloke is definitely a handful & proven scorer at this level.

What recruitment is risk free ?  Not many.

• Options
    Even if we signed Bexley Dan there would be a slight risk ;0)
  • Options

No, I'm not having that.  What risk could there possibly be?
  • Options

No, I'm not having that.  What risk could there possibly be?
    Sheff Weds would want him to replace Semedo!
  • Options
    True.  I hadn't taken that into account.
  • Options

FFS - Kermorgant isn't relied on as a goalscorer ? What is he there for then, make the half time tea ?

FFS - Clarke is a troublemaker ? Based on one arguement with Di Canio ? Get a grip.

• Options
    So we're signing Clarke on a perm ? Would rather have just let them have Benson on a free and then used the freed up wages to bring someone else in. Seems like signing a disruptive character for the sake of it.
  • Options
    Another thought. Surely a better option off the bench than Euell, if you're looking to hold on & want someone big & strong to come on, hold the ball up & give the opposition a bit of grief !
  • Options
    Anyone know if it's a loan or perm?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did Russell not have an argument with Brown at Preston? Does that make him a trouble maker?
  • Options
    What about signing a French striker in the reserves who thought he was better than he was by taking a cocky penalty and having a 1 in 20 record at his previous club?

The point I'm making is, let Powell make the decisions - he's been proved more right than wrong so far.

Clarke has 9 in 13 for a poor Chesterfield team already this season.
    Sure let Powell make the decisions, but it doesn't mean we can't have an opinion about who we sign. That's what this forum is all about isn't it?

i don't think we should sign him! if he can rile someone as calm and level headed as PDC then he must be trouble!

• Options
    Initially looker like a loan but now appears to be perm
  • Options
    Another thought. Surely a better option off the bench than Euell, if you're looking to hold on & want someone big & strong to come on, hold the ball up & give the opposition a bit of grief !
    Agreed, him and Hayes different options from the bench -I'm sure he may like to give the Wendies some grief!
  • Options

Can someone post up just how much trouble Clarke has been in

if it is all down to the PDC incident then why are you concerened,

he scores goals at this level for the team near the bottom then he will score for us

in powell i trust, it gets benno away and playing which he deserves and brings fresh inpetus in to the squad for the remaing months

• Options
    I think it's a great signing we need a bit of muscle up front and if he ruffles a few opposition players feathers all the better. Teams should be scared about visiting the Valley and I think having Clarke up front oppo defenders will not enjoy !
  • Options

Should this comment be spoken in the voice of PDC ? ;0)
  • Options

Should this comment be spoken in the voice of PDC ? ;0)
    Haha, sorry I phone predictive text + hangover = Italian for some reason !
  • Options
    Would be a great deal if it comes off- proven at this level this season and will provide a good option from the bench and be more than decent cover for injuries.
  • Options
    11 different clubs at the age of 26, Kicks off with his manager in front of cameras, Comes across a right arrogant cnut to me. I dont want him.