Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton are looking at swindon's Leon Clarke in a swap deal with Paul Benson !

Comments

• Options

Thoughts?  That the person or people who set up and maintain that page have no more idea of what is going on at CAFC than we do.

• Options
    if he's the big bloke who went on loan to chesterfield after the bust up with Di Canio then i'd say not a bad move if we can't offload Benson permanently. He was a right handful at the Valley earlier this year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's in the Mirror this morning as well, although perhaps they got it from BWP's facebookl!!  I actually thought this made some sense the other day, if Paolo is still after Benson.  Haven't heard too much about him in recent months, after his initial goal scoring run after Paolo bombed him out at Swindon.  
  • Options
    Fourth top scorer in the league.
    I'd take him.
  • Options
    Someone better tell him that he will. Be warming the bench of he comes though .
  • Options
    Powell will give him a big hug and calm him down.. 

good deal if true imo, worth the punt. doesn't seem like the type of guy who'll be happy on the bench though. 
  • Options
    not sure, don't like the baggage re applecart etc, however good goalscoring record for a bottom club
  • Options
    It's not BWP facebook page
  • Options
    Swap deal for McCormack and i might be interested...
  • Options
    Saw in the paper (can't remember which one) a week or two ago that there was interest from us & Huddersfield on taking him. Would make sense doing a swap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Whatevere happened with PDC has not happened again since he moved, i get the feeling the boy will be adequate cover and it makes sense in letting benno go

just have to wait and see

• Options

Swap deal for McCormack and i might be interested...

LOL

Clarke seems to score for fun in League One but struggle for goals once he gets to CCC level ,so it's a yes from me as a loan swap for six months.

• Options
    I know wolves and wednesday fans who have said Clarke is crap. Definitely don't think he is championship quality and that is what we should be aiming for / trying to attract. Don't want him especially with his iffy personality
  • Options
    Sounds good to me.
  • Options
    Wrong character.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2011
    All these people saying 'wrong character/attitude' - imagine if we signed a moody/lazy looking striker who had a shady past including being accused of thieving in clubs?

• Options
    He was proved innocent and he is 10 times better than Clarke. There you go.
  • Options
    What about signing a French striker in the reserves who thought he was better than he was by taking a cocky penalty and having a 1 in 20 record at his previous club?

The point I'm making is, let Powell make the decisions - he's been proved more right than wrong so far.

Clarke has 9 in 13 for a poor Chesterfield team already this season.
  • Options
    I'd take this if it was 31st Jan and we hadn't signed any other strikers, until then think we may get better but trust CP whatever.
  • Options
    I don't like WSS' attitude if I'm honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On @BBCWiltshireSPORT: #Swindon Town have agreed a permanent swap deal with #Charlton Athletic. Paul Benson to Town - Leon Clarke to Charlton.
  • Options
    On @BBCWiltshireSPORT: #Swindon Town have agreed a permanent swap deal with #Charlton Athletic. Paul Benson to Town - Leon Clarke to Charlton.
    off thread ... but, what's the situation with Russell and Ephraim .. staying or going ?
  • Options
    Agree with Bex Dan - he was a real handful against us. Assume that means no place for Hayes? Still need another sub to bring on in the BWP mould!
  • Options
    i think this guy, if true, gives us options to play 5 in midfield which we have rarely used under Powell, because none of the other strikers can play this role
  • Options
    Looking at Leon Clarke's wikipedia page it seems he plays well on loan at clubs - eg Chesterfield when maybe the pressure's off or he has a point to prove but under-performs at his main club. Worth a loan signing until the end of the year and go from there.
  • Options

Can't believe Powell would make such a big emphasise on bringing in the "right personalitites" then bring in this pr*** he's garbage aswell

• Options
    I know wolves and wednesday fans who have said Clarke is crap. Definitely don't think he is championship quality and that is what we should be aiming for / trying to attract. Don't want him especially with his iffy personality
    Whether Clarke can cut it in the Championship or not? Not a relevant question at the moment.

Can he score goals this season in a Charlton shirt, and will he buy into Powell's ethos of "One Aim", is what matters.
  • Options
    Not a fan of 5 in midfield at this level. It just ends up creating a mess in the centre and not enough chances get carved out. The striker gets isolated very easily, there's just not enough quality in L1
  • Options

Can't believe Powell would make such a big emphasise on bringing in the "right personalitites" then bring in this pr*** he's garbage aswell

Better goalscoring record than Yann this year.