Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Millwall & Palace players

2»

Comments

• Options
    The Cahill move away from London was probably due to an incident with his brother in Bromley...
  • Options

Hurlock was horrible. complete pikey; very much suited to 'Wall which is why they loved him. Always thought it odd that we ended up with Cripps and Phil Warman to them. Both looked out of place when switching clubs. Disliked Dunphy for calling us nancy boys (and bring rubbish for us).

One I would've loved: Gordon wasisname went to Manu - opp wing to Coppell

• Options
     Palace a) Rhoys Wiggins
                b) Vince Hillaire

Millwall a) Johnny Summers
                b) Derek Possee
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hurlock was horrible. complete pikey; very much suited to 'Wall which is why they loved him. Always thought it odd that we ended up with Cripps and Phil Warman to them. Both looked out of place when switching clubs. Disliked Dunphy for calling us nancy boys (and bring rubbish for us).

One I would've loved: Gordon wasisname went to Manu - opp wing to Coppell

Gordon Hill Kafka he used to do a great take off of Norman Wisdom
  • Options
    Gordon Hill ... great player
  • Options
    Gordon Hill ... great player

thank you. that's him. still least we had Gordon Watson!
  • Options
    Gordon Hill - from Sunbury, like Danny Hollands - apart from that a shit place that no one comes from
  • Options
    Terry Hurlock (England B player) would have been a nice compliment to the silky skills of Colin Walsh - 'Av it!</blockquot

Agreed the snarling horrible bastard we could have done with over the last few years

• Options
    I'd heard murray thought that 20k a week would get cahill to sign and he'd prefer to take that than the slightly more money on offer and having to move oooop north
    Murray called cahills bluff and lost
    This ties in with what curbs has said
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Millwall:

Clive Allen

Palace:

Clive Allen

Decent Forward, think we're the only London team he never played for!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Derek Possee and Paul Weller were more than decent players - what a coup that was when Millwall signed those two from Spurs.
  • Options
    Derek Possee and Paul Weller were more than decent players - what a coup that was when Millwall signed those two from Spurs.

Would that be Keith Weller? Didn't Bruce Foxton play for palace?
  • Options
    Would that be Keith Weller? Didn't Bruce Foxton play for palace?
    ma. You got yourself in a bit of a Jam there.
  • Options
    The Cahill move away from London was probably due to an incident with his brother in Bromley...
    But that occured a few years after he left Millwall...
  • Options
    Hurlock was tough but wasn't especially dirty. Saw him a lot for Brentford in the early 80's and he could play a bit.
  • Options
    He used to get my mate tickets for certain Millwall games which seems strange as he didn't really know him - maybe he was running some sort of ticket scam - who knows
  • Options

Players from Millwall: Hurlock, Alex Rae, Sheringham, Cascarino, Keller, Lucas Neill (he's another we should have signed when Blackburn did - sameish time as Cahill), Morrison, Kennedy.

Palace: Wright, Bright,Southgate, Coleman, Andy Johnson, Freedman possibly - in fact most of their late 80s early 90s team were decent under Coppell. 

• Options
    Hurlock was tough but wasn't especially dirty. Saw him a lot for Brentford in the early 80's and he could play a bit.
    He got an England B cap. Never got to see as much of him as others but what I did see he was a decent player & could put a strong challenge in and as you say, not especially dirty like a Jones or Wise, just hard!
  • Options
    The teamn you had when you beat us 3-0 at Selhurst in the late 80's, i would think, is the best you've ever had and Hurlock was the main man and a good hard player. Your highest ebb, our lowest i would say from a no ground etc etc point of view and you lot on the rise. That game was bad.
  • Options
    Got his leg broken at Brentford in an FA Cup game with Swindon but made a full recovery and went on to better things at Reading, Millwall and Rangers. Stan Bowles rated him and reckoned he was a good bloke too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The teamn you had when you beat us 3-0 at Selhurst in the late 80's, i would think, is the best you've ever had and Hurlock was the main man and a good hard player. Your highest ebb, our lowest i would say from a no ground etc etc point of view and you lot on the rise. That game was bad.

Was that when Briley scored that 30 yard screamer in our yellow kit?

Used to watch that season review video over & over as a kid.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's it - a horror show, and the wounds remained until the season we did you in the snow when you were top and again at the valley later that season and you went down into obscurity as we rose.