Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who is the well known fan with the headphones?

Comments

• Used to sit a couple of seats along from him in the Old Covered End.

Great bloke, proper Charlton, one of those it wouldn't be the same not seeing regularly, even if you never speak to him.
  • yep gives you a warm feeling when you see norm , just a gentle nod and eyes raised to acknowledge each other with a smile and we go on our merry way of following charlton
  • edited December 2011
    Top Man.  Should be in the supporters hall of fame.
  • Legend.  See him at all the away games I go to and makes me smile - surely they don't come more 100% Charlton than this fella.  Never spoken to him, but you can just tell he's a top bloke.....seeing the fez picture above just confirms all of this!
  • Known Norman for 22 years from when he was the barman at the millionhare now Clancys!!

• he still sits in the 'original' covered end now afka at the same spot just along from me.
  • On my 161 right now, no headphones but has the racoon hat on!
  • How long ago was that pic taken? Because that's a very handsome young man in front of him. Ahem.

Or is it a girl? Then I would be even odder.

Love headphones norm. Always look forward to seeing gim.
  • I was going to ask on the thread about the old covered end if this guy still attends as I've not seen him for a while. Always remember him in the 90's with his russian type hat.
  • How long ago was that pic taken? Because that's a very handsome young man in front of him. Ahem.

Looks like an even younger Justin Bieber to me, maybe he's the "mystery backer!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Norm appears to be staring at the relaxed muscle belonging to the bloke on the phone.
  • Norm appears to be staring at the relaxed muscle belonging to the bloke on the phone.
    There always go to away games together. Norm is just a lovely bloke, always has a smile on his face and always willing to have a chat.
  • Definitely a hint of Chris Powell about him.

Someone put him in a sharp suit, take the headphones off and he'll march straight into the dressing room.
  • Where can I get myself a Charlton fez?

Headphones Norm is one of those fellas that seem to have been around for ages - although he doesn't seem to have aged at all. It gives me a warm feeling to know that when I go to games, even though I can't see them, I know that proper Charlton characters like Norm will be there.

Legend.

It's Nick Pope isn't it??

;-)
  • he had a rather fetching flashing merry xmas hat on yesterday (with headphones, obviously)... quality!
  • How long ago was that pic taken? Because that's a very handsome young man in front of him. Ahem. Or is it a girl? Then I would be even odder. Love headphones norm. Always look forward to seeing gim.
    It's Nick Pope isn't it?? ;-)
    Classic - definately Pope or Justin Bieber!
  • Haha...great pic.. sat up there at the back of block E from  around 94 through until 2007.... still the same old faces. Makes me miss the old place. My seat was at the top right of the photo...
  • edited April 2012

Is this him on the upper right of the bloke standing up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes, or Idris Elba...
  • I hate to be the one to break this to you all - but he wasn't wearing headphones........

I thought they were actually attached to his ears but they weren't there

I knew his headphones weren't attached to his ears, because I saw them around his neck on the way out of the last home game.

However, I can't recall seeing him without his Davy Crockett hat on. It's the hat that is attached, or has anyone seen otherwise ? 

I haven't been on the scene for a while but I seem to remember one of the interesting things about Norm is his spectacular collection of headgear.

I know the guy gets everywhere. Why do I associate him with the Hawthorns?

• I feel that something isn't right if I don't catch sight of him at an away game. Fella is a Charlton legend, that's for sure.
  • The guy in the fez?

You have all missed it....

HE'S WEARING A CARLISLE SHIRT!

W.T.F

NORM KNEW!

• Yes that's him! Legend!
  • He obviously has mystical powers as well....hail Norm!
  • That is funny
  • Well spotted
  • Lovely bloke Norm, chatted to him quite a bit in the 90s. Charlton thru and thru!