Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have I missed something, but, what's the story....

13»

Comments

• Options

plenty of bullys on here

it's not my fault i enjoyed counting away tooken brought followings

• Options
    I reckon when you was at school Oohaah you was a Keeper just so you could count the number of mums and dads on the sidelines then start giving it to the oppo that they only managed to brought 7 mums and 5 dads.
  • Options
    i was the lino , so i increased our numbers on the side
  • Options
    Not a comment on the right or wrongs of it, but him saying that he had the right ticket doesn't make it true.  
  • Options
    You've got to hand it to ticket inspectors...
  • Options

Not really.

A few months ago I got off at Dartford, I didn't realise that it was out of Zone 5.

Bearing in mind I've got a Season Ticket for which costs me £1100 a year for Zones 2 - 5 plus I also now have to buy a travel card extension every week because I've moved to work in Zone 1, which is another £27.60 a week (so that's about £200 a month). But I can't just buy a Zone 1, I have to buy Zone 1 -2 despite the fact I already have Zone 2. Anyway rather than accept that it was a genuine mistake and let me pay the extension which was about £3 he had to be a twat about it and I had to pay a £20 fine.

It's not like I was trying to jump the train I'd paid for the journey all bar one stop and he could see that. Robbing bastards the lot of them.

Well as there are loads of people that use the "I didn't know it was outside London zones" excuse at Dartford on a daily basis, the ticket inspectors probably have little sympathy. You should really be blaming those idiots that can't be bothered to pay, not the inspectors that have to listen to the lies day in, day out.

• Options

Apologies I didn't realise you was a jobsworth Ticket Inspector.

Note to self, I probably should have looked on the internet.

• Options
    Chris Tugwell
  • Options

Div
  • Options

Not a jobsworth or ticket inspector, just a law abiding (high) fare paying commuter fed up with seeing fare dodging chavs blocking the stairs and arguing with inspectors on a daily basis :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

i am an idiot. but im a wealthier idiot.

• Options
    God forbid anyone make a genuine mistake.
  • Options
    Just to make sure, is Sheffield in Zone 3?
  • Options
    Any issue with a ticket and it seems like a ticket inspector will instantly assume you are a liar/thief. I've been flat-out called both by an inspector at Dartford station after I came from Stone Crossing without a ticket (Stone Crossing doesn't have a ticket machine or ticket office), and the permit to travel machine had been out of service for a month.

I don't know what their training involves, but I'd be surprised if the word 'helpful' is anywhere in there. 
    exactly the same thing happened to me!
  • Options
    You don't need to know, you're banned after last week aren't you?
  • Options
    It's in a different time zone.
  • Options
    it is, about 30 years behind, taches are all the rage there at the mo
  • Options
    Me and my mate were just asleep on the train and woke up at barnehurst. His ticket only goes to bexleyheath. How dare he make such a mistake. Could have gone to dartford and both of us would have been in the shit. Wonder if the inspectors would have given me the benefit of the doubt
  • Options
    it is, about 30 years behind, taches are all the rage there at the mo
    Don't forget white socks that go with jeans and black shoes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I was on a train back from a training day in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Northampton recently, after a long day. I had bought a return to Northampton from Mottingham, which had already cost me 50 odd quid.

Anyway on my way back, after never having been to Northampton before and making sure I got the correct train, a ticket inspector comes on and starts asking for tickets. So im sitting there with my headphones in, I take on headphone out incase there is any queries and hand him my return ticket to Mottingham. He takes a look, thinks for a moment and then without hesitation he grabs me by the top of the arm, the way a parent would maybe grab a child and tries to pull me up. He says “Come with me Mister” !  I was quite shocked, I was pretty sure I had got on the correct train, in fact as he was making his way along the carriage I checked the sign to say that in 5 more stops we would be at London Euston. Anyway I say “WHAT THE FCUK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING” and yank my arm back. Everyone is now watching, including these two fitties in the next row of seats. Im 25 years old by the way, not babyfaced either. Apparently, he thought my ticket said ‘Nottingham’.

I had told him to check again and he laughs and says “Oh Mottingham……..wheres that then”  …… Idiot. After explaining where it was all he said was “Ok, never heard of it” and walked off! Not an apology, nothing. If I could have been bothered, or more awake after a long day I would have managed to check him for a name badge or a number or something to complain. Was way too tired though. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />