Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have I missed something, but, what's the story....

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Any issue with a ticket and it seems like a ticket inspector will instantly assume you are a liar/thief. I've been flat-out called both by an inspector at Dartford station after I came from Stone Crossing without a ticket (Stone Crossing doesn't have a ticket machine or ticket office), and the permit to travel machine had been out of service for a month.

I don't know what their training involves, but I'd be surprised if the word 'helpful' is anywhere in there. 
  • Options
    Tell you what if I saw anyone man handle my son like that trust me I would kick the shit out of them , if its that much of and issue call the transport police , The Geezer who done it is a prick imo , nothing more nothing less
    Spot on.
  • Options
    Was it valleygary? *

*apologies to valleygary if he isn't our resident fare dodger.
  • Options
    The 'kid' is 19.

Funny excuse saying he got two single tickets to the same destination....most ordinary people check their tickets, see what's the out & what's the return, make sure they've bought the right tickets.

Sounds like a dodgy excuse to me.

Big geezer being a bully though, should've said get off first of all before forcing him off.
  • Options

it wasnt me but im on the kids side.

ticket inspectors = enemy

• Options
    The 'kid' is 19.

Funny excuse saying he got two single tickets to the same destination....most ordinary people check their tickets, see what's the out & what's the return, make sure they've bought the right tickets.

Big geezer being a bully though, should've said get off first of all before forcing him off.
    Excuse? The mother in law nearly got thrown off a train for having two singles going in the same direction. She didnt look at them before bording ... it happens
  • Options
    The 'kid' is 19.

Excuse? The mother in law nearly got thrown off a train for having two singles going in the same direction. She didnt look at them before bording ... it happens
    But you let her off.....?
  • Options
    let's get to the important stuff, what sort of rolling stock was it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A very large dose of poor communication this one. The ticket inspector didn't listen to reason, the kid didn't help himself by swearing at the ticket inspector and holding everyone up. The other passenger didn't know the full story either.  Hand them all over the Clarkson!

The kid in question was on TV last night with cuts to his face. Quite how they got there is open to suggestion.

Ads,  it was a Diesel Sprinter class 55 :-)

• Options
    A 'Deltic'? Do they still run them in Scotland? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    saw the video

the "poor victim" didnt seem to help his cause by being abusive and unhelpful perhaps if he had been courteous and came out with a reasonable explanation the problem wdnt have escalated

in my experience if have genuinely left my wallet at home when travelling/lost a ticket i have found inspectors helpful ...good manners both ways would have solved the situation

• Options

We do like our train related stories.

• Options

We do like our train related stories.

Well spotted.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A 'Deltic'? Do they still run them in Scotland? :-)
    Only when people pay their fares:-)

'ere you go complete with anorak.

• Options
    edited December 2011

love the old 'he should have been calm and reasonable' comments.

when you have the finger pointed at you and everyone is looking its not difficult to become very defensive and even aggressive....ive done it myself (and it was nothing to do with bunkin trains btw)

and ticket inspectors dont have manners. they are all jumped up little cnuts that were bullied at school. w*nkers.

• Options

Ticket inspectors come from the same school as traffic wardens.

• Options
    the one in lewisham?
  • Options

Ticket inspectors come from the same school as traffic wardens.

And bouncers
  • Options
    Sorry to buck the trend but I got in a similar situation (two one way tickets by mistake) once and the ticket inspector was actually very reasonable about it! Maybe I just got lucky but they're not all bad people, come on.
  • Options
    they are
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Behaviour breeds behaviour. If you treat them courteously they will probably be ok, but if you treat them with contempt then they will not give you an inch. There are always exceptions though.
  • Options

Not really.

A few months ago I got off at Dartford, I didn't realise that it was out of Zone 5.

Bearing in mind I've got a Season Ticket for which costs me £1100 a year for Zones 2 - 5 plus I also now have to buy a travel card extension every week because I've moved to work in Zone 1, which is another £27.60 a week (so that's about £200 a month). But I can't just buy a Zone 1, I have to buy Zone 1 -2 despite the fact I already have Zone 2. Anyway rather than accept that it was a genuine mistake and let me pay the extension which was about £3 he had to be a twat about it and I had to pay a £20 fine.

It's not like I was trying to jump the train I'd paid for the journey all bar one stop and he could see that. Robbing bastards the lot of them.

• Options
    do you think they charged you because your a div
  • Options

Singing East 17 on the trains really gets to them

• Options
    I travel on the Ashford International to Victoria line and the inspectors are all very good, I often hear someone trotting out a story about why they have not bought a ticket and its obvious they were trying to dodge paying however the inspectors always make light of it and get their money in the end.
  • Options

Not really.

A few months ago I got off at Dartford, I didn't realise that it was out of Zone 5.

Bearing in mind I've got a Season Ticket for which costs me £1100 a year for Zones 2 - 5 plus I also now have to buy a travel card extension every week because I've moved to work in Zone 1, which is another £27.60 a week (so that's about £200 a month). But I can't just buy a Zone 1, I have to buy Zone 1 -2 despite the fact I already have Zone 2. Anyway rather than accept that it was a genuine mistake and let me pay the extension which was about £3 he had to be a twat about it and I had to pay a £20 fine.

It's not like I was trying to jump the train I'd paid for the journey all bar one stop and he could see that. Robbing bastards the lot of them.

I travel on the Ashford International to Victoria line and the inspectors are all very good, I often hear someone trotting out a story about why they have not bought a ticket and its obvious they were trying to dodge paying however the inspectors always make light of it and get their money in the end.

yeah i see what you mean east stand
  • Options

f*ckin hell the ticket inspectors union have taken over CL.

• Options
    they are
    oh no they re not ! ......well it is pantomime season !
  • Options
    they are
    only to fare dodgers.
  • Options

f*ckin hell the ticket inspectors union have taken over CL.

Ain't they just. Plenty of people bullied at school on here.