Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

tobi sho silva

2»

Comments

• Options

Came off the bench in 73rd minute last night to help ICT beat Hearts 2 - 0.

Seems he had a couple of headers saved.

Tobi Sho-Silva had a cameo role of about 22 minutes with added time and caused a real menace to the Hearts defense. a strong runner who is good in the air.
    At a corner late on, Tobi Was punched in the face, and quite rightly went down.
    That Doughnut Chris Sutton called it a flick, and that Tobi made a meal of it.
    After the match 2 Ex Pro's( Michael Stewart being one)
    Both said it was a straight red all day long.

Tobi was from the same group of Pigott, Smith and Azeez,
    I thought when i saw them play for the academy that all 4 had a chance of being pro's but doubted whether that could be with CAFC.
    Smith after scoring freely in 1 and 2 then loss a bit of confidence.
    Joe hasn't been able to kick on from the Wembley goal so far at Southend.
    Azeez is plying his trade at Wimbledon thou mainly as a sub.

This Loan could do Tobi the world of good to have a career in the game,
    Even if it is in Jockland.

• Options
    Bit of a mixed reaction on the Inverness Forum over Tobi... Few comments where he was mentioned are below:

I thought Tobi was excellent. At the time, I thought he might be in trouble for simulation, but seeing the replay he definitely got clocked on the nose. Hate players going down like a sack of tatties, but the guy threw a punch, so red card was right. I get the impression Tobi's a wind-up merchant: did you see his sarcastic applause to Paterson when he mis-controlled?! Loved his pace and power in the air. All in all, far, far more positive!

Sho-Silva won nearly every Arial challenge, few good runs and held the ball up.Yes,

I suppose so, but I still say Tobi 'bought' the red card for the Hearts player as the 'clenched fist' would not have knocked over a fly. Unacceptable gamesmanship by Tobi in my book. If Gary Cornish goes down as easily as that in his big fight tomorrow, the fight will be over within 30 seconds!

Only downside for me was our other new boy, Tobi Sho-Silva getting the Hearts player sent off. Many of us still remember how we felt when scum bag Neil Lennon did something similar to Juanjo many years ago. So, for me, Tobi can feck off back to Charlton if he thinks that is acceptable.

Seems in classic Scottish style, they feel that if you get punched in the face you should just ignore it and get on with life.
  • Options
    Just saw the punch on Sky. Clear red but didn't see Tobi go down as cut too soon.

• Options

I've played against him more than once about 3-5 years ago, he was bigger and faster than everyone but missed loads of chances, hopefully his finishing has improved as pace and strength doesn't get you that far in professional football as it does at youth level.

I think that is because I was in goal most of the time we played him, no fault of his own ;-)
  • Options

I've played against him more than once about 3-5 years ago, he was bigger and faster than everyone but missed loads of chances, hopefully his finishing has improved as pace and strength doesn't get you that far in professional football as it does at youth level.

I think that is because I was in goal most of the time we played him, no fault of his own ;-)
    Even the best strikers fluff their lines when up against a big figure in between the sticks, so lets hope that up against lesser keepers in the SPL he fares better.
  • Options
    I watched the last 10 minutes of the Game live. In live play, it looked very soft and it was a delayed reaction. In slow mo and from the right angle - it's a punch. Nothing more, nothing less. He rightlu goes down too. That bellend of a commentator was a joke. The comment that made me cringe the most was "I think Sho-Silva should of took the punch and got on with it."

The post match analysis also shows Tobi get punched earlier on in the game. Getting punched for the second time in a game... Why shouldn't he go down?

He caused Hearts a nuisance.
  • Options

Bit of a mixed reaction on the Inverness Forum over Tobi... Few comments where he was mentioned are below:

I thought Tobi was excellent. At the time, I thought he might be in trouble for simulation, but seeing the replay he definitely got clocked on the nose. Hate players going down like a sack of tatties, but the guy threw a punch, so red card was right. I get the impression Tobi's a wind-up merchant: did you see his sarcastic applause to Paterson when he mis-controlled?! Loved his pace and power in the air. All in all, far, far more positive!

Sho-Silva won nearly every Arial challenge, few good runs and held the ball up.Yes,

I suppose so, but I still say Tobi 'bought' the red card for the Hearts player as the 'clenched fist' would not have knocked over a fly. Unacceptable gamesmanship by Tobi in my book. If Gary Cornish goes down as easily as that in his big fight tomorrow, the fight will be over within 30 seconds!

Only downside for me was our other new boy, Tobi Sho-Silva getting the Hearts player sent off. Many of us still remember how we felt when scum bag Neil Lennon did something similar to Juanjo many years ago. So, for me, Tobi can feck off back to Charlton if he thinks that is acceptable.

Seems in classic Scottish style, they feel that if you get punched in the face you should just ignore it and get on with life.

Cornish must be tougher than they thought. He lasted a full 90 seconds.

Pretty hard on a young man getting punched in the face, aren't they?
  • Options

Lol
  • Options
    Anyone know what has happened to Tobi and his loan @ Inverness... Have just checked their teams since the match against Hearts and he hasnt even been on the bench?
  • Options
    Injured nose
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's still there but been injured quite a while
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Is GGL league standard? Played there a couple of times in the nineties/noughties and it was nowhere near good enough for league football then
  • Options
    Is GGL league standard? Played there a couple of times in the nineties/noughties and it was nowhere near good enough for league football then
    When they replace the plastic pitch, yes.
  • Options
    When they replace the plastic pitch, yes.
    Given they will lose £200,000 a year from hiring out the plastic pitch, might they try ground share with Wimbledon for the season?
  • Options
    Not their only former player of ours either, they also have Rhys Browne who briefly played in our u23s (u21s at the time?).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhys_Browne
  • Options
    I thought to get in the National League top division you had to have a ground that was up to EFL standard.
  • Options
    As well as replacing their 3G pitch with grass , they need to increase the amount of seating . A lot of other improvements required , better floodlights and turnstiles etc , but they are confident of being ready for kick-off.
    Several ex-Charlton players have ended up there in recent years , Nicky Bailey, Simon Walton , Ross Worner, Chris Dickson , Jamie Stuart , Aswad Thomas , Stuart Fleetwood among them.
  • Options
    Poor old Wimbledon (not that I like give a toss about them)... but they must be desperate for one season of having a ground to themselves after 30 years!