Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

tobi sho silva

edited December 2011 in General Charlton
in my opinion fantastic prospect for the future,has anyone else been really impressed by the lad

Comments

• edited December 2011
    How tall is he ?
  • tall when he was younger but getting shorter,a good size though

• too much of an obvious name for a song.. we've got too many songs for players

• What's that sho silva rocking on ranger rocking on down

too much of an obvious name for a song.. we've got too many songs for players

Singing , Hi Ho Sho Silver lining, 
    Everywhere he goes now Baby...
  • Went to my school (Beths), my mates little brother played with him for the school said he had amazing pace and couldn't finish to save his life. Went on a Charlton community course thing and learnt to finish. Looking a good prospect now, raw pace is a good start for any young striker these days 
  • Well worth nipping down to New Eltham on a Saturday morning, Tobi is one of several really promising youngsters that you will see.
  • Tobi is promising, in the good company of Ade Azeez and Joe Pigott...
    If you can't get to New Eltham, look out for next round of F A Youth Cup
  • Better than David
  • Best overall crop of youth players I've seen at Sparrows Lane.
  • Sponsored links:

• When is next fa youth cup game and are we at home ?
  • Best overall crop of youth players I've seen at Sparrows Lane.

Not seen any in flesh yet but, the results speak for themselves, done really really well. Or is this also due to not having a reserve league so some of the older/2nd yr young pros are playing for u18s rather playing in the reserves, as previous? Regardless looks a good crop and be very surprised if at least 4/5 of them don't make it as pro's

• Also, without taking anything away from the youth players regarding their ability, it's no coincidence that them doing well mirrors what the 1st team are doing. Seems there's a nice positive buzz back at the club in all areas.

And can anyone tell me, what was the date the last time the reserves lost a league match? surely an all-time record?  ;-)
  • There is one person who set the ball rolling at youth level and who now works for the the first team.....

• couldn't agree more
  • Top, top bloke!
  • Wouldn't underestimate his impact on the Academy or the current first team.
  • Damian certainly seems to have bestowed his vocal power on Steve Avory :-)
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 13m
    NEWS: @TSho_Silva joins @wellingunited on a month-long youth loan --> http://bit.ly/1qBNiWo #cafc pic.twitter.com/biyMadJKqk
  • Good move by Welling getting Tobi back in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Whats happened to Tobi this year?? heard very little about him! Was supposed to be the next to come through!
  • I might be wrong canters but i believe that he has only just returned from injury
  • "By this stage Sho-Silva had come off the bench for his return appearance after missing most of the season with an Achilles injury."

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/u21s-report-charlton-2-crystal-palace-2-2416334.aspx

Will be interesting to see if he gets another year or is released.
  • Given he only got given a one year contract last summer and was loaned to non league I am assuming he is unlikely to make it. The injury will also not have helped. Shame if he doesn't as I remember thinking between him, Azeez and Piggot we had 3 excellent prospects to finally bring a decent, young striker through the ranks.
  • I disagree, I think Tobi will get his chance. If you follow the reports on our youngsters there is a lot to be hopeful about.
  • Given he only got given a one year contract last summer and was loaned to non league I am assuming he is unlikely to make it. The injury will also not have helped. Shame if he doesn't as I remember thinking between him, Azeez and Piggot we had 3 excellent prospects to finally bring a decent, young striker through the ranks.

Umerah could be good, just been given a pro-deal.
  • I didn't watch them as much as a lot but bits I did see including goals and a couple of live games, I always felt both Azzez & TSS would struggle to make it as they relied on pace more than anything and at under 18 level you can get away with it. Always felt Piggot would struggle due to mobility but he has the potential with his size to mould himself into a Michael Smith type of player. Karlan Aderne Grant I have a feeling is the one who will go on to have greater success as he has more footballing ability to go with his pace, at the moment I think he struggles physically to play at senior level with lack of power in both his running and strength which is obviously due to his age.
  • I didn't watch them as much as a lot but bits I did see including goals and a couple of live games, I always felt both Azzez & TSS would struggle to make it as they relied on pace more than anything and at under 18 level you can get away with it. Always felt Piggot would struggle due to mobility but he has the potential with his size to mould himself into a Michael Smith type of player. Karlan Aderne Grant I have a feeling is the one who will go on to have greater success as he has more footballing ability to go with his pace, at the moment I think he struggles physically to play at senior level with lack of power in both his running and strength which is obviously due to his age.

I agree; when I saw them play, Azeez and TSS looked raw, strong and quick (hence Hart used to play TSS and Azzez either side of Pigott). Neither looked like they had exceptional football talent, however.
  • Came off the bench in 73rd minute last night to help ICT beat Hearts 2 - 0.

Seems he had a couple of headers saved.
  • I've played against him more than once about 3-5 years ago, he was bigger and faster than everyone but missed loads of chances, hopefully his finishing has improved as pace and strength doesn't get you that far in professional football as it does at youth level.