Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Champions League for Manchester...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Last night United's attack was non-existent and posed no threat to Basel (or is it Basle???)  Usually when a forward misses the sort of chance offered to Rooney last night the phrase 'couldn't score in a brothel' comes to mind.  That can't be said about the spud-faced nipper whose skill in that department is legendary.

United had no idea how to break down Basel (or is it Basle???)  Nani tried hard but Jones and Park showed their limitations and Giggs his age.  Expect to see Lindegaard in goal soon.
  • Options
    Sad that two English teams are out of the Cup. Let's hope that Chelsea & Arsenal can go further and perhaps one of them win it.
    United were poor, City unlucky.
    City were only unlucky in the sense that they got a tough group. They definitely deserved to go out.
  • Options
    was it just me or did the basel keeper play a blinder/have all the luck?
  • Options
    If their strongest line up (which is what yesterday had to be) includes a 37 year old winger and a centre half in central midfield, then i think there's no surprise they've gone out. I know i can be a bit obsessive about central midfield but if that isn't right, nothing else ever is. Add that to the fact that Rooney is well over rated and there you have it.
  • Options
    Sad that two English teams are out of the Cup. Let's hope that Chelsea & Arsenal can go further and perhaps one of them win it.
    United were poor, City unlucky.
    City were only unlucky in the sense that they got a tough group. They definitely deserved to go out.
    City no doubt had the hardest group. But considering how much they've spent you would expect them to breeze past Villarreal and Napoli. No disrespect to Napoli and Villarreal. I reckon Napoli can get quite far though.
  • Options
    Breeze past napoli? When cavani, lavezzi and hamsik are all being pursued by the very top clubs in the world? Man city may have money, but remember the fact that they have never been in the champions league before
  • Options
    Napoli have a bloody unbelievable strike force. Will surely be a tough game for city. 

I am basing this knowledge purely on fifa.
  • Options
    Breeze past napoli? When cavani, lavezzi and hamsik are all being pursued by the very top clubs in the world? Man city may have money, but remember the fact that they have never been in the champions league before
    I wasn't saying they weren't good. I was saying that based on how much money Man City have spent it would be expected that City would win. They bought players who have played in the Champions League for the teams they were bought from. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you hear about all them new sat navs?
    They've all had to be taken back .
    Because apparently manchester was nowhere to be found in europe...

...... :L Cheesy i know :)
  • Options
    Man city may have money, but remember the fact that they have never been in the champions league before
    This is Napoli's first season in the Champions League too, so that excuse doesn't really work for City!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I find it toally ridiculous that that now go into the Europa cup - just so as to ensure the top clubs get even more money from TV etc even when crap and  beaten. Even 6 games to get it right against pretty poor sides.