Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No Champions League for Manchester...

Both city and united got knocked out. Only 2 English teams left. Oh dear..

Comments

• Channel 5 will be well chuffed!

• ha ha five past eight channel 5
  • The only unpredictable events in the past decade of Premiership football.

Its the worlds greatest league doncha know.
  • Listen to the whinges about Sir Alec's coaching/tactics  on Sky Sports now !

Don't you just love 'em ?

• Just heard they're trialing a new fragrance in Manchester as of tonight; it's called "Channel number 5"
  • Now all the Chelsea and Arsenal fans getting on their high horse about the pride of England is driving me barmy.
  • Is there a book of condolence that I can sign?
  • Serves Ferguson right for resting so many key players in most of the games, it was only a matter of time before these cocky teams got bitten on the arse.
  • Just heard they're trialing a new fragrance in Manchester as of tonight; it's called "Channel number 5"
    genius
  • Gutted ...... Not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Serves Ferguson right for resting so many key players in most of the games, it was only a matter of time before these cocky teams got bitten on the arse.

Agreed, surely you win your first four games and THEN rest your star players, you can't expect to get away with putting out second string sides the whole way through the tournament.

Conceeding 5 goals in two games against Basel is very, very poor, it makes you wonder what Barcelona would have done to this United team.

I think we now know why we let Smalling go, the bloke plays in a dream world.

See Rooney turned it on when it mattered again!

• Clive Tyldesley insisted that Rooney had a good game - apart from that miss from a yard out. 
  • We let smalling go? Did we have him then?

Rooney was pants. Redknapp said so and Neville said yes but... and changed subject.
  • Thought the official behind the goal did nothing to indicate the man utd goal had crossed the line. Isn't that his main job?
  • Didnt think we had smalling either, I cant remember the name of the centre back that Man utd took of us but i'm sure it wasnt smalling.

• Didnt think we had smalling either, I cant remember the name of the centre back that Man utd took of us but i'm sure it wasnt smalling.

I thought someone on here said we had him as a youngster but let him go? Just had a quick Google and looks like that is actually bollocks.

Not to matter, he is still a very poor defender at that level IMHO, lacks any awareness defensively.

The centre-half we sold to Man Utd was Sean McGinty wasn't it?

• Thought the official behind the goal did nothing to indicate the man utd goal had crossed the line. Isn't that his main job?
    i think it was his only mistake
  • Sean McGinty thats the one, I couldnt remember his name for the life of me there.
  • edited December 2011
    Clive Tyldesley insisted that Rooney had a good game - apart from that miss from a yard out. 
    Well he was watching a different game to me . Rooney was a disgrace. 250,000 pound a week for him . Pah!
  • I wonder what odds you would get for a Manchester derby for the final?
  • Sponsored links:

• Rooney looked like a man with a lot on his mind. What's he been up to? :-)
  • Another defeat to a team in red and blue.   It's the wrong colour shirts I tells ya.
  • I think we had Smalling on trial from Maidstone. He didn't come through our youth system.

Can't help but laugh at the Manchester clubs and their fans crying about dropping into the Europa League. I would bloody love for Charlton to be in the Europa League.
  • I think we had Smalling on trial from Maidstone. He didn't come through our youth system.

Can't help but laugh at the Manchester clubs and their fans crying about dropping into the Europa League. I would bloody love for Charlton to be in the Europa League.
    yeah but they have spent the last few seasons sining to liverpool about being live on 5 thursdays from 8, so a bit of humble pie
  • City will come again.

Utd have been pretty poor (by their own standards) all season. Barcelona & Real Madrid would have peed all over them had they got through.

Thought the right back for Basel was unlucky with his thunderous effort towards his own goal.

• Smart move by Fergie.  He's never won the UEFA Cup/Europa League with Utd and now he can complete the full set of trophies before he retires in June.
  • Headline: "Basel Brush United aside".

Well it made me laugh.

• Smalling turned us down I heard.  Mcginty was the one we sold to United...no idea if he is still there.

Utd...dumped out the CCC by Palace, dumped out of the CL by Basle, about to be dumped from the FA Cup by City, will then be dumped out of the UEFA by City and willl be beaten to the league by City...oh dear, all gone horribly wrong there and they spent a lot in the summer too...i could even see them finishing outside the top 4 amazingly...think this is the season where they just may be found out.  Chelsea will come good, Spurs & City will keep motoring and it is up to Arsenal!

• What a total joke it is that you fail in the so called Champs league but join the other cup.Your out then your out  end of.
  • Sad that two English teams are out of the Cup. Let's hope that Chelsea & Arsenal can go further and perhaps one of them win it.
    United were poor, City unlucky.