Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slater's Programme Notes from Saturday.

2»

Comments

• Options
    I remember reading last season that despite being top of the league, some Brighton fans were urgeing their team to get forward more quickly, and Poyet was calling for patience.

Well done to Slater for having the balls to say this as he's risking being seen as critical of the fans.

They were also moaning that there keeper would roll the ball out to a defender instead of just kicking it upfield!
  • Options

We have had some great chairmen, all of whom knew/know how to get the message across.

Roger Alwen got the club moving (and home), Richard Murray got us up, and now Michael Slater will get us back where we belong.

Richard Murray and Martin Simons got the club back to The Valley, believe me. Roger was chairman - they did the heavy lifting.
  • Options

So that is now the chairman and the manager who have said, in the space of a week, that the crowd getting on the players’ backs, either by specifically targeting individuals or the team collectively, is a hindrance and harms our chances of winning. Forgetting all the tedious threads that have already covered this matter several times over, I don’t see how anyone can now provide any justification for booing their own team.

Absolutely spot on, MrL.

...unless it's Millwall fans booing THEIR team !
  • Options
    Can you remember Liverpool in the Champions League Final? 3-0 down at half time was it?

Well i can remember reading that at half time Benitez said nothing other than 'just listen to what it means to them' . Roaring out, 3-0 down against one of the best teams in the world in Liverpools biggest game in recent history. Silence in the changing room and all they could hear was 'you will never walk alone' roaring out from the fans. That inspired the team to come out in the second half and perform for the fans.

Now can you imagine if we went in 3-0 down at half time. We would boo and the players would not respond inthe way we would like. We could probably take an idea out of that. Always cheer the team, no matter what.

Unless McCormack comes back
  • Options

We have had some great chairmen, all of whom knew/know how to get the message across.

Roger Alwen got the club moving (and home), Richard Murray got us up, and now Michael Slater will get us back where we belong.

Richard Murray and Martin Simons got the club back to The Valley, believe me. Roger was chairman - they did the heavy lifting.
    Mr Alwen (Chairman) Didn't Help Us lifting/fitting 200sq yards of carpet in 72 hours......
  • Options
    When Mr Slater has been through as many ups and downs as I have in my time as a Charlton supporter then he can tell me to have patience. And even then he will have the golry of Manchester City to fall back on, so he will never really know my pain.
  • Options
    When Mr Slater has been through as many ups and downs as I have in my time as a Charlton supporter then he can tell me to have patience. And even then he will have the golry of Manchester City to fall back on, so he will never really know my pain.
    jesus weeps
  • Options
    Man City have never played at this level....
  • Options
    ...not going to bite.....not going to bite......
  • Options
    Oh yes they have...

They won the 3rd div playoffs in 1999!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Away form is good. Away support is always positive and encouraging. No coincidence. And the embarrassing "your sister.." and "your support is.." chants are rarely heard away this season (not aired at all at Rochdale or Notts County).

The lack of a passing game was something to moan about but there is really no excuse for moaning when we are playing well and winning.

So all aboard the SCP Fun Bus and come to away games and enjoy!

• Options

This isn't about you.........
  • Options
    jesus weeps

It's actually Jesus Wept but I take your point entirely.
  • Options
    Personally I think its excellent.. Hes making it clear that it is an advantage to other teams, we have also had an amzing start , playing some of the best football for years (watch "The season so far" on player), he saved the club from doing a Plymouth, he has spent money on the right players..

And all he is trying to do is ti highlight another piece of the puzzle that could help in getting us to the next level...

• Options
    Michael Slater's having a party......
  • Options
    Michael Slater's having a party......
    "He's gonna bring back Pardew and our old mate Parky ......"
  • Options

This message needs getting around more!

Only a few people read the programme these days - and I suspect only a few people round this.

I'm not sure whether I find it funny or sad that the same people who critised Parky for his supposedly direct style  ( which I think was tosh most of the time) now moan like hell when we pass the ball around. I now hear  "get the ball forward" rather than "stop hoofing it forward".

• Options

Would say that there has been hardly any booing this season?!

• Options
    Glory? Compared to their useless neighbours, you mean? Bloody hell - I can't think of a more difficult or painful team to support than Man City. You have to have absolutely shedloads of patience to be a Man City supporter, so I think he bloody can tell you to have patience!
  • Options

Boooooooo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't tell him Pike.
  • Options
    No idea what happened with this post !