Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When will we be back in the Premiership?

I reckon that we will be back in the big time in 3 years time.

2011/12 - gain automatic promotion from league 1

2012/13 - finish just outside the play off places in the championship around 7-10th position

2013/14 - promotion to the prem via the play offs

Your Views?

Comments

• Options
    sounds good to me
  • Options
    Are you Michael Slater?

: - )
  • Options

2024/2025

• Options
    Next 5 years
  • Options
    I think we have to take it one season at a time. Norwich have shown what is possible and Southampton and Brighton look competetive this year but we are only 6 games into the season so it is imposssible to predict. 
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    In 1992 this division (league one) was division 3
    In 2003 this division was division 2
    now it is league 1
    so if my maths is correct in 2014 it will be premier league! 

We don't need to win promotion just need to sit tight and it will come to us! LMAO!
  • Options
    never, I'd be happy sloshing around the top 10 of the championship
  • Options
    It is certainly great value watching football in league one- hate to think how much it would be costing us if we were in the Premiership - maybe a few that can go now couldn't afford to go.
  • Options
    This, Championship is much better entertainment than the Premiershit
  • Options
    I'd rather we were in the top flight otherwise what's the point?

The Championship would be OK for a while but how soon would we tire of seeing our best players move on the EPL because we couldn't offer top flight football?

How frustrating would it be to see other clubs having a go at the big time and not us.

I support a club not a division but I will always want them to improve and get as high as they can and that means being in the top flight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This, Championship is much better entertainment than the Premiershit

This, unless there is a chance we can compete, even in the time we have been out the PL the quality has improved.

I hate going to games where we consider a point as a result. I dont want to be cannon fodder for the glory boys.

If our mystery backers pour money into the club when we get to the land of Glory then great, if not then it wont be that enjoyable.

• Options

what henry said, apart from the championship for a while bit

i mean do i want the future darren bent and claus jensen in our team or izale mcleod and co

• Options
    As long as we are above Millwall and Palace then i dont mind! Fed up of last few years of torment from their supporters.
  • Options
    I think 99% of us want our club to be in the Premiership as this would mean it is as successful as it can be, but just pointing out that there are some advantages to League One. If we carry on as we have started, I am going to thoroughly enjoy this season and will consider my season ticket extremely good value.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    we could start yo-yoing in 2 years, depending on how much cash will be available for team strengthening on a year to year basis. It's encouraging how, for example, Norwich went through 2 divisions like a hot knife thru butter, on t'other hand Notts Forest and Cardiff for example have struggled .. It looks like to succeed you gotta do it fast  and keep the momentum going, like the Curbs team in the late nineties/early 00s
  • Options

what henry said, apart from the championship for a while bit

i mean do i want the future darren bent and claus jensen in our team or izale mcleod and co

For a while I meant 12 months : - )
    As long as we are above Millwall and Palace then i dont mind!
    This should be a minimum requirement for any Charlton team. Sort it out Slater/Powell.
  • Options
    It's so difficult to even try to predict a return to the Premiership. How much money have our owners got?
  • Options
    We cant win the Premiership, so what's the point?
    Would rather play on a more even playing field and remain in the top 6 Championship, with the occaisional mistake leading to a season or two in the gravy trough, requiring boring defensive play, leading to unrealistic discontent and expectations from fans of SE7, before settling back down to Championship excitement again.
  • Options
    Would rather play on a more even playing field and remain in the top 6 Championship, with the occaisional mistake leading to a season or two in the gravy trough, requiring boring defensive play, leading to unrealistic discontent and expectations from fans of SE7, before settling back down to Championship excitement again.
    This.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This.
    part of the point is .. parachute money, it will soon be more lucrative to be a yo yo club rather than a perrenial mid table outfit á la Stoke, Everton or Notlob
  • Options
    9017 ; )
  • Options
    This.
    part of the point is .. parachute money, it will soon be more lucrative to be a yo yo club rather than a perrenial mid table outfit á la Stoke, Everton or Notlob
    Not really, they get more than the parachute money by the PL and get bigger TV fees, sponsorships, gate reciepts etc.

Of course they have to pay higher wages but then so do teams trying to go up.

I'd swap places with Stoke (cup final, Europe, mid table Prem) in a flash but they can keep the style of play.
  • Options
    Didnt we discover that to survive in the Prem we HAVE to play that way?
    We could win a cup final from the Championship.
  • Options
    Didnt we discover that to survive in the Prem we HAVE to play that way?

Don't remember us playing like Stoke?
    We could win a cup final from the Championship.
    We could but more likely from the Prem even with our cup record
  • Options
    True - are they a long ball team?
    I dont watch the Prem much any more so wouldnt know - assumed they were on the 'lets make 40 points' path with defence the priority and little flair, but accept I may be wide of the mark.
  • Options
    I notice they scored an amazing 44% of their goals from set pieces last year - the most in all the division!
    So quite unlike our Prem years!
  • Options
    Promotion, Relegation = still in league one
  • Options
    Stoke are brilliant, easily a top ten team now. For a team that has only been in the division for a few years, they have no chance of getting relegated. Pulis has done wonders there.