Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trouble at Bournemouth

Comments

• Options
    I think he is right. That club have had serious financial
    problems in recent years and some of their fans appear to have very short
    memories of that and fail to realise how privileged they are to have a club not
    only still in existence but actually being able to compete in the division they
    are in. Where have I seen that before? They will always be a selling club.
    There are only two, possibly three clubs in this country that aren’t.

• Options
    I think he is right. That club have had serious financial problems in recent years and some of their fans appear to have very short memories of that and fail to realise how privileged they are to have a club not only still in existence but actually being able to compete in the division they are in. Where have I seen that before? They will always be a selling club. There are only two, possibly three clubs in this country that aren’t.

I think you're wrong. I don't know any of their fans that have anything other than a very long memory and appreciate just how close they came to going under on more than one occasion. Having gone through everything they have they are acutely aware how perilous their finances are.

However they also have eyes and can see that the team and therefore the club needs some investment if it's going to have any chance of surviving this season let alone move forward. I don't think any of them expect to be signing Messi but they do seem to have a point that as so many of their best players have gone it's not unreasonable to see a little of what's come into the club on the pitch rather than sitting in the clubs i.e. Eddie Mitchell's bank account.

• Options
    Bournemouth mate's dad drives team coach. Tweeted earlier that Bradbury and a player have had a bust-up and he wont get on the coach to carlisle
  • Options
    their playing notts county?
  • Options
    I think he is right. That club have had serious financial problems in recent years and some of their fans appear to have very short memories of that and fail to realise how privileged they are to have a club not only still in existence but actually being able to compete in the division they are in. Where have I seen that before? They will always be a selling club. There are only two, possibly three clubs in this country that aren’t.

I think you're wrong. I don't know any of their fans that have anything other than a very long memory and appreciate just how close they came to going under on more than one occasion. Having gone through everything they have they are acutely aware how perilous their finances are.

However they also have eyes and can see that the team and therefore the club needs some investment if it's going to have any chance of surviving this season let alone move forward. I don't think any of them expect to be signing Messi but they do seem to have a point that as so many of their best players have gone it's not unreasonable to see a little of what's come into the club on the pitch rather than sitting in the clubs i.e. Eddie Mitchell's bank account.

This.

Added along with they have completely refurbished the changing rooms along with other work which I know for a fact did not really need doing. Which company carried out the refurb? Their chairmans. No real proof their son as paid players wages on several occassions. Mitchell has had a chance to and refused to sell the club on before as he wants to take them as far as he can but just seems to be milking money out of it. Over the last couple of years they've made close to 2mil from selling players but little over a quarter of this has been reinvested in the squad when apparently they were already clear of their debts.

• Options

any idea which player, crispy?

• Options
    i think one of the most infuriating factors for the fans is the seeming willingness to let players go. hollands and wiggins went very early in the transfer window. Pearce and Robinson soon after. I can see the frustration when these players arnt getting replaced
  • Options
    they just need to look further along the coast at plymouth and be happy that they have money in the bank, if they can rally and stop in fighting they could stay up but what ever happens the money they have got in will keep the players and staff paid so they should remember things could be alot worse.
  • Options
    their playing notts county?
    Sorry thought they were playing Carlisle for some reason!! Not sure which player pete, will try and find out!
  • Options

There is a lot more of this on the Bounemouth Echo web site under sport, I was following it on dead line day and it was hilarious, especially when Feeny went to Millwall.

The Chairman & Manager all stated Feeny was not going anywhere, when he did the site went balistic.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

they're having to play bryne (right back) at right wing coz they literally dont have another one!

plus steve lovell retired yesterday! so they just have an injured symes and some kids (who r quite good.. but very inexperienced) up front

• Options
    Would just hate that to be us. They put together a vg team last year that sustained a genuine push for promotion when most of us assumed they'd fall away. Sadly it was easy to guess what would happen as one favourite after another was tempted away, including the very promising manager. All very frustrating when you feel one or two more signings would've taken your club on but realistically they've over-performed for a club that size, as have Scunthorpe and Doncaster. Sooner or later you seem to return to your true place in the pecking order. Hopefully we're on the way back to ours.
  • Options
    At least their Chairman was prepared to do a Q & A with fans.

When is Slater going to do something similar?

• Options
    There are only two players left from there playoff side in jalal and cooper tough times ahead for the cherries
  • Options
    Would just hate that to be us. They put together a vg team last year that sustained a genuine push for promotion when most of us assumed they'd fall away. Sadly it was easy to guess what would happen as one favourite after another was tempted away, including the very promising manager. All very frustrating when you feel one or two more signings would've taken your club on but realistically they've over-performed for a club that size, as have Scunthorpe and Doncaster. Sooner or later you seem to return to your true place in the pecking order. Hopefully we're on the way back to ours.
    sad to think that a couple of missed penalities in that game at Huddersfield has potentially sent them back to square one. Really hope this dosen't happen to us if we aren't promoted this year.
  • Options
    and for some reason jalal doesnt start.... top keeper
  • Options
    Brother held the Q&A last night,was ''very angry atmosphere''
  • Options
    Brother held the Q&A last night,was ''very angry atmosphere''
    As a Bournemouth fan what's your view on the situation JT

And welcome to the site.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options

I'm not surprised, I wouldn't be impressed if Barry Chuckle held our Q & As!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    wheres mog? im sure he will have somthing to say on this.
  • Options
    Ive just listened to the whole forum. Well worth listening to. One thing that comes across is that the Chairman needs to gen up on his PR skills and that the club is going to struggle on the pitch this season. 
  • Options
    Don't know much about Eddie Mitchell but I do know that the club has been in a worse situation and in recent times and the board have done their best over recent years- it's amazing how fans forget that. If they do not attend the games in sufficient numbers they are equally to blame.The problem is that if you are on the board you see things differently to a fan - you would for example really get a sense of what a state the club was in and vow that it never got in that state again. Recent success on the pitch has meant that Bournemouth are finanacially stable but the fans are expecting promotion. This was never going to happen - they had an excellent team last season but failiure to get promoted meant that bigger clubs were going to pick off the cream. Everybody at the club needs to work together, survive this year and build a strong side to challenge again within the next couple of seasons. That sort of plan doesn't appeal to fans as they are not realists.
  • Options
    if anything, playing so well last year was the worst thing that cud have happened. just midtable wud have done
  • Options

Bloody hell Henry, do you ever miss an opportunity for self-promotion?

So when's the Bromley meeting again?

; )
  • Options

Bloody hell Henry, do you ever miss an opportunity for self-promotion?

So when's the Bromley meeting again?

; )
    No and next Tuesday 6th, thanks for asking : - )
  • Options
    Listening to the Forum now in Iplayer-unbelievable

"if you dont like it here go to Southampton"

A quote from the Chairman
  • Options
    Must be very frustrating - Howe had put together a once in a generation team that was more than capable of challenging it's way out of the right end of league one, which is amazing given how recently they were at the bottom of the league with minus points.  If they'd managed to hold onto a few more players or replace them - or the manager - with more proven quality they'd probably be a bit happier.  I think it's a bit unkind to deride them for being irritated, having seen off the bad days to fail to capitalise on a great manager and team is a bit of a faux pas.  At least we had a few years in the sun before we undid all our good work.
  • Options

They can come here if they want.
  • Options

They can come here if they want.

Well half the squad has I spose