Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Broncos

Comments

• Options
    What code is most popular in Australia ?

Now, there's a question.

League is far more popular at club level with a fully professional 18 team competition, although most crowds are only around the 10,000-15,000 mark.

Crowds for the Super-14 Rugby are variable, they only have 6-7 home games for each side but can struggle to get decent crowds, the really big crowds come out for the international games.

Interestingly, although AFL is by far the biggest spectator sport in the country - their crowds are incredible - Rugby League is actually the most popular TV sport in the country, despite only being played in NSW, QLD and the ACT.

• Options
    LB are on BBC2 in a semi-final of the Challenge Cup: Thought they were rubbish ?
  • Options
    They are, I don't think they've played anyone in the super league to reach this stage. Could be wrong though
  • Options

LB are on BBC2 in a semi-final of the Challenge Cup: Thought they were rubbish ?

Looking at the current score, it would appear that they are indeed rubbish!
  • Options
    70 nil ffs...
  • Options
    Croydon said:

They are, I don't think they've played anyone in the super league to reach this stage. Could be wrong though

Beat Bradford Bulls along the way...

• Options
    Which kind of begs the question, would we still all want to reach that much longed for cup semi-final if we were to get dicked 7-0 live on national TV when we got there?
  • Options
    Congratulations to the Broncos for winning promotion back to the Super League. They beat Toronto 4-2 in the Million Pound playoff yesterday.
  • Options
    And well deserved too.
    Written off at the start of the season by most experts.
    So proud of Danny Ward & the boys :smile:
  • Options
    Unless the Trailfinders ground has improved massively, it can't really cope with Super League rugby can it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I watched a bit of the game .. what a complete mess .. no tries despite loads of huff n puff .. I hope that Toronto's loss doesn't mean a decline in interest in the Canadian league fanbase
  • Options
    Bloody fantastic effort all year ending with a fully deserved place back in the top flight. Made up for them with special thanks to David Hughes for keeping it going.
  • Options

I watched a bit of the game .. what a complete mess .. no tries despite loads of huff n puff .. I hope that Toronto's loss doesn't mean a decline in interest in the Canadian league fanbase

Toronto have a 5 year plan in place. Next year will be year 3, so they have time on their side.

Finals are never spectacular, it's about sticking to the game plan and getting the job done.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    On sky at the moment. Bottom of the league London are beating 2nd bottom Hull KR 20-18

Not the biggest fan of Rugby league but this is a good game
  • Options
    Full time London Broncos 26 Hull KR 24

• Options
    Favourites to go down when they got back into Super League this season. 
    I’ve been so impressed at how they just don’t give up. 
    Fabulous team spirit, never say die attitude. 
    And they’ve caused some upsets. 
    Danny Ward is a great coach. 
    I really hope they stay up. 
  • Options
    3 wins on the spin and now only 4 points off the playoffs. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    3 wins on the spin and now only 4 points off the playoffs. 

20 minutes away from being Relegated now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Relegated
  • Options
    I have no sympathy.  They stitched CASC up over a joint tshirt produced for a red, white and black event. 

Agreed to jointly fund promotional shirts and failed to stump up. Pretty poor show crapping on a voluntary organisation imho. 

Not that I hold a grudge.
  • Options
    One hell of a season from the Broncos. Head Coach Ward being nominated for coach of the year just shows what they have achieved.
  • Options
    Gutted.
    They showed some real class this season.
    Hope they bounce back.
  • Options
    I have no sympathy.  They stitched CASC up over a joint tshirt produced for a red, white and black event. 

Agreed to jointly fund promotional shirts and failed to stump up. Pretty poor show crapping on a voluntary organisation imho. 

Didn’t realise that, rugby league really is a two bob sport.
  • Options

Hardly anyone left from the mob that shared the Valley, so a tad unfair imo.
  • Options

You're right Pat van de hauwe no longer plays for millwall, maybe I should start liking them now. 
  • Options
    TellyTubby said:k

You're right Pat van de hauwe no longer plays for millwall, maybe I should start liking them now. 
    No Millwall are scum and always have been.

The Broncos have a small loyal band of supporters who are no harm to anyone. The are kept going by David Hughes who is still owed several hundred thousands of pounds by our club.

And you compare them to Millwall
  • Options

Did this outstanding debt ever show on the unaudited accounts the CASC committee used to present at their AGM's in the 90s. Or perhaps it was the year they presented no accounts at the AGM but tried to increase the annual membership at the same meeting?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    TellyTubby said:k

No Millwall are scum and always have been.

The Broncos have a small loyal band of supporters who are no harm to anyone. The are kept going by David Hughes who is still owed several hundred thousands of pounds by our club.

And you compare them to Millwall
    How come we owed them money?