Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rise of the planet of the apes

13»

Comments

• Options
    I'm a King Kong man, I'm a voo-doo man 
    I'm an ape man 
  • Options

They had been travelling at the speed of light for 2000 years. It's pretty safe to assume they believed they were 2000 light years away.

True, but as Americans you think they would have recognised the scenery.

• Options
    A Crazy, take your brain out film .... maybe thats why i enjoyed it yesterday when i went to see it ;0
  • Options
    I bought the original Planet of The Apes box set recently and despite what some people say , the original films are bloody awful. Each film was made one year after another to cash in on the first Films success but no thought was ever put into the scripts . I've never struggled so much to get through a set of films as I did with those. I remember as a child really liking them but boy do they stink now. Not seen the new film but im looking forward to it.
  • Options
    I bought the original Planet of The Apes box set recently and despite what some people say , the original films are bloody awful. Each film was made one year after another to cash in on the first Films success but no thought was ever put into the scripts . I've never struggled so much to get through a set of films as I did with those. I remember as a child really liking them but boy do they stink now. Not seen the new film but im looking forward to it.
    rhurbarb, the first film is a masterpiece, sir.
  • Options
    "rhurbarb, the first film is a masterpiece, sir. "

Agreed. Although I'd have prefixed with a different vegetable.

Was chatting to a 60 year old guy in the gym last year, whilst the original was on one of the TV's in the cardio area. Would you believe he'd NEVER heard of the film? However, and despite men running around in ape suits and no sound, he was totally gripped!
  • Options
    Do they play football on the planet of the apes?

If they did, Charlton Heston would win the Chimpionship
  • Options
    The first film was a long way from
    Being a masterpiece. True it has a great ending but it is padded out with a lot crap. Now compared to the other films in the series you could call it a masterpiece but that's only cos they were so bad. Incedently , it's the only film I can think of that has a spoiler for the ending in the poster.
  • Options
    watched it yesterday ... enjoyable and looking forward to the sequel ... which is a prequel of the original films ;-)
  • Options
    The first film was a long way from
    Being a masterpiece. True it has a great ending but it is padded out with a lot crap. Now compared to the other films in the series you could call it a masterpiece but that's only cos they were so bad. Incedently , it's the only film I can think of that has a spoiler for the ending in the poster.
    The original posters didn't have spoilers on them. It's only the later merchandising that had the statue of liberty on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Saw ROTPOTA the other day, was surprisingy good fun. The ad campaign had
    bored me, as PIP said above, the trailer gives so much away. You could
    probably make a decent comic version of the movie using stills from the
    trailers. But I was still surprised by a lot of it. The original posters
    defo didn't have the SoL in. Although there was this one:
    I happened to see a Russian version, so would love to know what the Apes say to each other when the subtitles come up if anybody can remember...?

Super 8 - JJ Abrams is one of the best mainstream storytellers around. He understands the magic box! It imagedoes have a few faults (selective magnetism and a lack of curtain twitching after a car crash perhaps) but loss of soul and bad acting (for instance, Dakota Fanning's scene on the station platform is stunning, and the fat kid is spot on throughout) couldn't be further from the truth IMHO.

P.S. Rise Of... Can't be a prequel to Burton's movie, that film had its own backstory about a science experiment gone wrong. A bit like the film itself.
  • Options
    Jimmy 85, you saw a russian one? I take it you watched it online from some crappy foreign website that streams free movies with the quality of a 1970's tv with a broken aerial?

Shame on you. Go and see it at the cinema, you'll enjoy it so much more.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    imageHey Tango, don't get so judgmental. I watch something like 150-200 films a year (it's my job), and of those films I'd reckon about three of them would be 'suspect'. I didn't download it nor watch it on a website - someone brought it round so I said "why not?". It was HD quality too. GIven the profits Fox are likely to make this year (and the amount of their bull5hit I have to put up with on a regular basis), frankly, I feel no guilt.

Maybe you should stick to your child-like puns rather than heap shame on someone you know nothing about...

• Options
    Jimmy, I was taking the piss (forgot the smiley).I will admit that reading it back now, it does come across as me being judgemental, my bad.

I'll admit there are many films I download, although I wait for dvd quality. Gotta say though, It's just one of those films that's made for the big screen.

Anyway, it's early and I've just woke up. My brain's not working to come up with one of my child-like puns yet but i'm sure they'll soon be flowing.....................................:-D