Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

needs to be seen by more than just dog lovers

Comments

• Options
    lol. Obviously i was joking when i said i got into the wrong profession. Just mean vets must be laughing all the way to the bank when they say "hamster with a broken leg? £200 quid please"
  • Options
    only on charlton life could a video of a dog trying to get a statue to throw a stick be turned into an argument about how much a vet earns.
  • Options

I think I speak on behalf of all animals and animal owners when I say thank god you got into the 'wrong profession'.

What's worry is that he has a degree in sociology.  Imagine the damage he could do with that!  : - )
    What damage could I do with that?
  • Options
    only on charlton life could a video of a dog trying to get a statue to throw a stick be turned into an argument about how much a vet earns.

Spot on observation.
  • Options
    it was a statue?
  • Options
     I really hate people that belittle animals.
    Wow.  You need to leave yourself some room to really hate people who actually deserve it.
  • Options
    Dazzler sounds more and more like David Brent everyday.
  • Options
    Gonna leave this topic now before it turns into one of those huge debates, safe in the knowledge that there is at least one other normal person in here. I generally steer clear of the non-Charlton related topics cos if i wanted to read the news I'd pick up a newspaper but because of the title of this thread I couldn't not take a look. Anyway, great links above and my point was proven in just the second post of the MSE one:
    "I was quite taken aback at the cost of my dogs heart tablets" I mean, no more really needs to be said does it. Let's end with that epic quote.
  • Options

Dear Dog Owners

Next time your dog jumps up at a terrified child, please do not laugh and say 'He's only playing!' I have lost count of the number of times this has happened to me and my children and it is bloody annoying.

Thank you.

Thank you. Someone else who talks sense. "Oh he only wants to say hello". Really? I didnt agree to that. The arrogance of dog owners is that just because they think their animal is the greatest thing since sliced bread, they can't understand why everyone else doesn't feel the same.

I'm with you two.

I don't blame the dogs themselves in anyway but some dog owners see their pets as penis (or the female equivalent) extensions and positively take a sadistic pleasure in the terror caused by their pets.

Either the only bit of power in their sad little lives or revenge for being bullied at school in my opinion.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
     I really hate people that belittle animals.
    Wow.  You need to leave yourself some room to really hate people who actually deserve it.

what I mean really is I hate it when people belittle animals not so much the people.
    Now I've made a fool of myself...

nice video.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Dear Dog Owners

Next time your dog jumps up at a terrified child, please do not laugh and say 'He's only playing!' I have lost count of the number of times this has happened to me and my children and it is bloody annoying.

Thank you.

Thank you. Someone else who talks sense. "Oh he only wants to say hello". Really? I didnt agree to that. The arrogance of dog owners is that just because they think their animal is the greatest thing since sliced bread, they can't understand why everyone else doesn't feel the same.

I'm with you two.

I don't blame the dogs themselves in anyway but some dog owners see their pets as penis (or the female equivalent) extensions and positively take a sadistic pleasure in the terror caused by their pets.

Either the only bit of power in their sad little lives or revenge for being bullied at school in my opinion.

Have to say, I tend to agree with these views, at least in part (not sure about Len's "penis" analogy!)

Was out in the park with my kids the other day and this dog came bounding over and started jumping all over my son who was clearly terrified. The owners weren't far away and just shouted out "don't worry, he's only playing" without even calling the dog off or reprimanding it in any way. Then they came over and got it and didn't even say a word of apology, just had that stupid look on their faces that you just knew meant they couldn't see what the problem was. 

Left my son traumatised for a good half hour or so and he has cowered away from dogs ever since.

Now don't get me wrong, the dog wasn't vicious or anything and was clearly just a bit overly playful, but an eight year old boy isn't going to know that when some big dog the size of him keeps jumping up at him and nearly knocks him over. 

Not the dogs fault of course, and I wouldn't even really blame the owners directly and instantly as I know these things can happen - although they should definitely have reacted quicker. But the way they offered no apology or words of comfort to my son when he was clearly upset and just carried on their merry way shows complete arrogance, ignorance and a total lack of understanding. 

It's not the first time something like that has happened either. Fed up with someones mutt attacking my son when he has the audacity to kick a football in a public park and for some reason being left with the impression that it was all his fault the dog went crackers.

• Options
    off_it you should've said something to them especially if he was so upset about it, people like that need to be told. Quite out of character my dog jumped at a lady the other day in a playful way but I apologised immediately and she was fine about it. It's not hard to say sorry I don't see why so many owners find it difficult.
  • Options
    JaShea99 1:09PM Quote Gonna leave this topic now before it turns into one of those huge debates, safe in the knowledge that there is at least one other normal person in here. I generally steer clear of the non-Charlton related topics cos if i wanted to read the news I'd pick up a newspaper but because of the title of this thread I couldn't not take a look. Anyway, great links above and my point was proven in just the second post of the MSE one:
    "I was quite taken aback at the cost of my dogs heart tablets" I mean, no more really needs to be said does it. Let's end with that epic quote.

Can't see much of a future for you on this board. Probably the most ignorant comment I have ever seen on this forum. You are not the brightest are you ?
  • Options
    that's poor form on the owners part....my dog ran quite near a girl the other day and she burst into tears - i was immediately apologetic although it wasn't really my fault; the dog was pretty close to me. to be fair to the mum, she was cool after i apologised. 

this video is class if people haven't seen it:

• Options
    Still laughing at Greenster's last sentence.  Perhaps JaShea99 should buy a bigger shovel so he can keep on digging that hole.
  • Options
    That's funny Olster, very clever and good clean fun.
  • Options
    Future? Like it's a competition. Get a life.
    Ignorant? Oh the irony. Are u aware of the definition of ignorance? Cos it seems like you aren't. If you are then Please point out the ignorance in my last post. And why is my intelligence being brought into question? I'm probably brighter than you.

• Options
    As immature as that sounds.

And on what planet am I digging? After my last post I just had about 4 people backing me up
  • Options
    Ignorant? Oh the irony. Are u aware of the definition of ignorance? Cos it seems like you aren't. If you are then Please point out the ignorance in my last post. And why is my intelligence being brought into question? I'm probably brighter than you.

If you have to tell people that you are more intelligent than they are then it's highly likely that you aren't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dear Dog Owners

Thank you.

I'm with you two.

Bugger Len: I've got a little Labrador....
  • Options
    As immature as that sounds.

And on what planet am I digging? After my last post I just had about 4 people backing me up
    No one backed you up, they just agreed that about dogs jumping up at kids is bad (which I agree it is).

Take a breath, use some paragraphs and as BFR says don't assume you're more intelligent that anyone else.  Even if you are it doesn't make your arguements more or less right or more or less stupid.
  • Options

Yes. I've bitten.....

Are you aware that You are not texting someone. cos Because You are "probably brighter than..." you could probably tell the difference.
  • Options
    Actually it wasn't even JaShea99 who raised the point about dogs jumping
    up it was Uboat and all responsible dog owners agree with it.  Can't
    see anyone on the thread so far suppporting JaS original point.  No-one
    suggested that dogs have the IQ of Albert Einstein - but pets are FUN
    and each has its own personality.

And as for who is the more intelligent - what an infantile statement to
    make!!!  Even to write that confirms the one thing that he has written
    on this thread with which I do agree with him - that he must be an
    idiot.
  • Options
    I'm at work and even if i wasn't, I'm not gonna be dedicate my time to this thread which has once again got ridiculous and overtaken by people with nothing better to do than argue. I didn't even mention intelligence once, until someone asked how 'bright' I was, so naturally I wasn't going to let that lie. I have no interest in forming constructive paragraphs or wasting any more time on this stupid thread. I must be an idiot cos I don't even understand the concept of attacking someone for an opinion. If I had said 'humans can fly fact' I would have expected to have to defend myself and prove that what I was saying was right. But I didn't. I said I don't like dogs and I think their owners are arrogant. And yes ppl will say 'not me' but it's hard to argue with the only thing you've ever experienced. Not posting again after this cos it's turned into nonsense and my profile has been ripped apart with ppl bringing up what I got in my fucking degree.
  • Options
    JaShea99 it was a feel good topic for people to have a bit of a laugh at but your comment was always likely to annoy dog lovers, so I'm not sure what you were hoping to achieve from it. No need to not post again, you're entitled to not like dogs, to be honest who cares. You'll feel better in the morning! :)
  • Options
    JaShea99 you didn't start by saying 'I don't like dogs and I think their owners are arrogant'.  In fact you didn't write that at all.  You commenced by writing 'Epitomises the stupidity of the animals'.  Now if you had started with the quote which expresses an opinion you would have been justified in being offended at any comments because that would have been your opinion.  However the phrase you actually used strays beyond one of opinion (note I use the term 'phrase' as it is not actually a sentence.)

ps congratulations on getting a degree in fucking.  Makes media studies look second rate.  Whatever will they come up with next?
  • Options
    ....sorry, but, Legaladdick.....Superb.
    ;-)
  • Options
    Ta.
  • Options
    Never get my cats doing that. A great dog