Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Iwelumo

Comments

• Options
    Charlton Eyes
  • Options
    Most over-rated player for us in years. Made lack of mobility an art-form. Didn't move until ball was about to land then got there too late and fouled the defender. He was utter cack.

I thought he was one of the most underated players tbh , if we had of played to his strengths like Wolves did when he first joined them by crossing it to him he could have done very well for us.
  • Options
    Of course and the documented facts.  
  • Options

In Peace keeper mode

WTF does it matter he left years ago

• Options
    Hugely underrated player. I think his problem was he wasn't technical or flashy and we were still expecting to see proper Premier League talent turning out for Charlton. He always put in a good shift and he scored some memorable last minute goals. I wasn't happy when we sold him and I'd have him back in a heartbeat
  • Options
    As my hero once said...........clown shoes.
  • Options
    As my hero once said...........clown shoes.

NSS is your hero,

• Options
    never should have let him go, was playing well, then we threw money at Andy Gray.
  • Options
    Scored in the friendly being played tonight.
  • Options

The only striker I have ever seen who ducked when the ball arrived in the air rather than jumped. Complete and utter donkey. Would rather see toothless old Doc up front using his pace.

Wish him well but complete rubbish.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2011

Lets see if my facts are incorrect.

Charlton - 10 goals in 46 games - 9 of these goals were scored before the new year.

Wolves - 16 goals in 46 games 

Burnley 11 goals in 46 games

Basically he has a ratio of about one in every four games. His best season was with Colchester and without that season his career ratio would be a lot worse.

Is that a consistent striker who you can rely on? errr no.

Strange how he only stays with a club for one season. Not really as it is apparent.

The man doesn't work hard enough that is also a fact.

I rest my case

if he played in all 46 league gamesin those seasons mentioned above for charlton, wolves and

burnley then we've got good away support

coco's rhythms

• Options
    edited July 2011
    50k according to todays papers. Bargain.
  • Options
    He was at Wolves for 2 seasons - scored 14 in 31 in the Championship and 0 in 15 in the Premiership.

His record at Championship level is decent, I don't know how that can be disputed:

06/07: 18 goals in 46
    07/08: 10 goals in 46
    08/09: 14 goals in 31
    09/10: 2 goals in 8 (on loan at Bristol City)
    10/11: 11 goals in 45

Ok so he's not a '20 goal a season' striker, but there are normally only 2 or 3 of them per division every year. It is a bit weird that he moves on every year, but he's been scoring consistently since 2005. He was just a late developer in footballing terms and clearly isn't a Premiership quality player.
  • Options

As we know from Pardew's misuse of him it is easy to see him as a back to goal target man and not much more. How many back to goal target men score 20 a season?

He did a reasonable job for us and, used properly, could have done better still.

There are many more culpable people than Iwelumo for our demise since Curbs left.

• Options
    he wdnt be playing anywhere else but in the british leagues

fair play to him he s "made the best of his lack of ability"  but hes not a footballer in my view 

i am sure his mum loves him but hes no favourite of mine
  • Options

As we know from Pardew's misuse of him it is easy to see him as a back to goal target man and not much more. How many back to goal target men score 20 a season?

He did a reasonable job for us and, used properly, could have done better still.

There are many more culpable people than Iwelumo for our demise since Curbs left.

this 100%
  • Options
    From BBC Sport tonight:

"86:59 Offside, Chester FC. Chris Iwelumo tries a through ball, but Chris Iwelumo is caught offside. "

(Came on as a sub in 83 min. They came back from conceding a first minute goal to beat Wrexham 2-1 in the Cross Border Derby in the Conference Premier, a big win for them.)
  • Options
    Funnily enough, he's almost the kind of player I'd like us to sign to partner Igor. Not quite now at his age but 6-7 years ago when he was a CAFC player, definitely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think once he missed that sitter for Scotland his career nose dived. I, for one, never thought he was international standard anyway.
  • Options

From BBC Sport tonight:

"86:59 Offside, Chester FC. Chris Iwelumo tries a through ball, but Chris Iwelumo is caught offside. "

(Came on as a sub in 83 min. They came back from conceding a first minute goal to beat Wrexham 2-1 in the Cross Border Derby in the Conference Premier, a big win for them.)

I watched the last twenty minutes of this after studying you know who in the Wigan v Ipswich tie. What a cracking game - didn't think the Vanarama Conference could be so entertaining. Over 3000 there, plenty of passion, good goals and a winner deep into injury time. Hi lights here.

http://sport.bt.com/video-01363814401986?videoid=3800004116001&videotitle=Highlights: Chester 2 Wrexham 1&videoimage=v1/unsecured/media/2503979514001/201409/771/2503979514001_3800010486001_chesterhighlightsbcove.jpg
  • Options
    Threads about Chris Iwelumo and Alan Pardew. It's like 2007 all over again. Make it stop!
  • Options
    Rob said:

I think once he missed that sitter for Scotland his career nose dived. I, for one, never thought he was international standard anyway.

I feel the same about Scotland
  • Options

From BBC Sport tonight:

I watched the last twenty minutes of this after studying you know who in the Wigan v Ipswich tie. What a cracking game - didn't think the Vanarama Conference could be so entertaining. Over 3000 there, plenty of passion, good goals and a winner deep into injury time. Hi lights here.

http://sport.bt.com/video-01363814401986?videoid=3800004116001&videotitle=Highlights: Chester 2 Wrexham 1&videoimage=v1/unsecured/media/2503979514001/201409/771/2503979514001_3800010486001_chesterhighlightsbcove.jpg
    a bigger police operation than most prem games apparently
  • Options

From BBC Sport tonight:

a bigger police operation than most prem games apparently
    Yes, I saw some of the game and both comments are correct - well, there were more police than stewards on show. I thought it was skillful and entertaining. I'd sooner watch the Conference than the Champions League, which bores me for the most part. Even Lee Hughes comes across as an ordinary pro. You get some proper little grounds in the Conference, too, like Alfreton.