Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fav item of clothing long gone

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Anyone remember Flip in Covent Garden.  Used to sell American 50s and 60s stuff.   Got some great stuff from there.

I used to go there, bought a black jacket, that I wore for years. I wonder what happened to that ?

Probably wouldn't fit half way round me now.

Used to go there, Oxford Street, Carnaby Street, Kings Road.

Black suede winkelpickers from Shelley's in the Kings Road, to go with the drainpipe jeans.

Those were the days !

• Options
    American Classics also used to sell proper US vintage stuff. Still like the shop, but American? Last time I was in there, they were stocking Belstaff (originally a motorcycle clothing company in Sheffield, now owned by an Italian) and Sugarcanes denim (Japanese)
  • Options
    Back to the valley blue away shirt which went missing and my old Killing Joke t-shirt which fell apart after wearing it to death.
  • Options
    Whoah, The Clash gave you a Tommy Gun T-shirt! Don't leave it at that. How'd that come about?
    The gig was put back because Mr Strummer was ill....All 300 people were given a "TommyGun" t-shirt at the re-arranged gig: Think I wore that shirt until it literatlely fell apart......God I miss it.......
  • Options
    Must be the Afghan coat. It disappeared years ago with the velvet flares, cheescloth shirts and patchouli oil!
    Apart from Ken from Bexley, looks like I'm the only hippy around here surrounded by skinheads, smoothies, rockers and Woolwich types... help!
  • Options
    i was gonna say the kappa tracksuit bottoms with the poppers on the side i had when i was 13, but after passing through erith the other day, i think they are still in fashion.
  • Options
    Faith No More - You Fat Bastards T Shirt. Fell apart (in the end). :-(
  • Options
    Must be the Afghan coat. It disappeared years ago with the velvet flares, cheescloth shirts and patchouli oil!
    Apart from Ken from Bexley, looks like I'm the only hippy around here surrounded by skinheads, smoothies, rockers and Woolwich types... help!
    Oi! I'm a suedehead!