Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fav item of clothing long gone

An old Rolling Stones T shirt from sometime in the 70s  over the years must have vanished  would never have thrown out............the washing machine fairy must have nicked it like most of my socks.......... other lifers lost some item the wished they still had  ...please no Tank Tops !!

Comments

• Hmmm,  various fashion disasters over the years spring to mind.    Purple/blue toinc suit, light blue fred perry top buttoned and black loafers with obligatory white sockage.

• Brown/gold tonic suit bought in Brixton circa 1971

Those wonderful Ravel shoes with a green soles

Every Ben Sherman bought at Dales in Sidcup for £3 3sh

• Nowt wrong with a light blue Fred Perry buttoned up to the top, soapy.

Wish I still had all the Bass Weejun penny loafers I've bought over the years – except the tassled ones. They were a mistake.
  • An American black and white striped half sleeve button down shirt (think Beach Boys 1963/4) I acquired in a thrift store in Pennsylvania on my first trip to the US in 1970. Lost it on holiday in the late 1970's.
  • Must be the Afghan coat. It disappeared years ago with the velvet flares, cheescloth shirts and patchouli oil!
  • I wouldn't say they're fave items of mine, but a Zoo York t-shirt and Henleys t-shirt of mine both went missing a while ago but no idea where. They're in my house somewhere....
  • Prince of Waless check suit.....flare bottoms with turn ups and a 'permanent press', plus the good old cuban heel boots
  • Prince of Waless check suit.....flare bottoms with turn ups and a 'permanent press', plus the good old cuban heel boots
    Were you a pimp?
  • lol.........I used to love wearing the suit, really thought I was th beez neez and bound to pull
  • Donkey Jacket. Ideal for cold days on an open terrace.

Pringle Jumper and I would say Farah trousers, but a geezer at work still wears them. 

• Sponsored links:

• Marillion "Did anyone see my last marble" Sweatshirt and Charlton 2004/5 shirt burnt in fire by angry ex....
  • amercican football style trainers where you folded over the tongue.

black jeans with massive red patch of material on the backside cant remember what they were called EVERYbody had a pair.

charlton home shirt 1991

knock off naff naff jacket from woolwich market.

oh to be 11 again..

• Proper, original Made In USA Converse All-Star in natural off-white (they closed down their American factory in 1998, I believe). Somehow quintessentially American-looking. Completely different-looking shoe to the Asian-made clown things they do now.

Oh, and I really, really, really wish I hadn't rewaxed my Belstaff Roadmaster when it was new, because it looks like a f*cked second-hand jacket now, with stupid white dents all over it.
  • beige diamond cardigan with brown leather elbow patches, dark brown cordoroy slacks and a pair of hush puppies
  • edited July 2011
    White trousers out of Top Man , and Miami Vice shirt ... sorry is this meant to be current or past? ;)
  • wish I still had my seditionaries red corduroy bondage trousers. Got given them second hand with the crutch ripped. Wouldn't necessarily want to wear them but would be great to show the kids that their cardigan wearing, slippered old man, who talks about nowt but pensions, mortgages and the cost of stuff, was once a bit of a player.
  • did guys wear this stuff to football.............

• harrington with a huge two-tone patch on the back, pink pringle collared t-shirt, with obligatory stay pressed trousers.
  • Black felt jacket. Smooth to touch and warm too. Thought i looked trendy, in hindsight i looked like a pimp or showjumper.
  • I wish my MESH home shirt still fitted me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ben Sherman, Levi Sta-press, Doc Martins, Braces, Harrington Jacket and crew cut. I know these items are still available but at my age and body shape, I'd look ridiculous...
  • My 30 inch (yes really) waist faded levi's drainpipes.  Think Tommy, Johnny, Dee Dee, Joey

The red and white check button down collar Ben Sherman

The White, Light, White Heat T-Shirt.
  • Anyone remember Flip in Covent Garden.  Used to sell American 50s and 60s stuff.   Got some great stuff from there.
  • Grandad t shirt, large ex RAF overcoat dyed black to my knees, Velvet loon pants, waistcoat, black boots.......and long hair....... the hair went long ago
  • My sheepskin coat I used to wear to school (like motty's) I thought I was the nuts but thinking about it!
  • Grandad t shirt, large ex RAF overcoat dyed black to my knees, Velvet loon pants, waistcoat, black boots.......and long hair....... the hair went long ago
    I've seen you on a night out - the hair may have gone but the rest is still going strong!
  • edited July 2011
    Anyone remember Flip in Covent Garden.  Used to sell American 50s and 60s stuff.   Got some great stuff from there.
    I remember it well, mate. I remember I bought a beautiful pale yellow button-down shirt from there. A proper long-collared button-down with the loop in the collar. If you can't get three-fingers into that loop of fabric, then it's not a proper button-down.
  • We do get visits from other teams supporters on here. Make this members only ffs ;0)
  • My "Tommy-Gun" t-shirt given to Me by the Clash at Harlesden in '79.
  • Whoah, The Clash gave you a Tommy Gun T-shirt! Don't leave it at that. How'd that come about?