Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff W make their 1st big signing

2»

Comments

• Options

I wouldn't be surprised if Sheff Utd sank like a stone this season, TBH.

I think that they have a few financial issues and I can't see them as a threat.

However, if Mandaric gets his wallet out (again), then I would expect Sheff Weds to be challenging for promotion.  But then again, that's what I said last year!

• Options
    Is that Donna T Off_it ?
  • Options
    In fairness, Wednesday have some decent, thoughtful fans. Take this comment about SCP in the Wiggins thread:

Lambert did a pretty dismal job at Wycombe despite being easily the best financed squad in the division - they should have walked that division but they failed in the play-offs

It didn't stop him from going onto much better things and neither does an inauspicious start for Powell suggest that he's bound to be a poor manager - neither does it mean he will go on to better things - but at least give the bloke time.
  • Options
    Nice puddings.

Toed in the hole?
  • Options
    This little exchange cracked me up

owls maniac: For all the Charlton fans reading, can you answer me one question? Have you ever actually won anything?
    torry owl: sadly more than us in the last 15 years ....
    owls maniac: Like what?
    torry owl: championship ,plus a play-off ...
    Caicos Owl: Fook it ..... let's go back 20 years then
  • Options

I am not even going to mention batter.

• Options

LOL!

Live, Laugh , Be happy:) .. Love being a Charlton fan right now, Cant wait for the season to start COYR!

• Options
    they don't seem to like us, few of them saying we've done well and are jealous others more bitter saying we'll still fail
    and the odd saying they did the same not realizing they got has-beens and oldies where as we have young hungry players who will take this club to success.
  • Options
    They have a fair point about CP, Not much experience, and we did flop seccond half of last season, Just hope he gets it right, and can get this squad motivated to play the way he wants to, Also belive he needs a fair chance for this new team to gel, But he is Charlton through and through, and if anyone can motivate a player to give it there all for any club, Its this man
  • Options
    i remember saying when i first joined this site, he was fighting a losing cause trying to get people like mcormack to play football, he was signed as a filler to run forward when it's hoofed up by daily or doc and run back when it bounced off abbott. where scp wanted them to get ball on floor and pass. and move. now were signings players who can actually do that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i remember saying when i first joined this site, he was fighting a losing cause trying to get people like mcormack to play football, he was signed as a filler to run forward when it's hoofed up by daily or doc and run back when it bounced off abbott. where scp wanted them to get ball on floor and pass. and move. now were signings players who can actually do that!
    Spot on well put and summed up.
  • Options
    To be fair, the only reason people have heard of Sheefield Wednesday is becuase the FA Cup semi used to be played there, plus the famous pushing the ref over incident. Other than that, who are they?
  • Options
    To be fair, the only reason people have heard of Sheefield Wednesday is becuase the FA Cup semi used to be played there, plus the famous pushing the ref over incident. Other than that, who are they?

I used to think that. I always thought they were just a team from up north until we played them in the FA Cup in the mid 70's. Massive support for them that day and they took the covered end. They are a bigger club than us, IMHO with a huge potential. If they had a Man City type takeover they would take off.
  • Options
    But the South East Londoner in me says they're north of the Thames and thus almost a Scottish Club :)
  • Options
    They are a big club ..... Top of the away followings chart and big home support ....
    They had a cup final and replay against arsenal in the late 80s ??
    But as we know it all counts for nothing its what the players do on the pitch
    Miniscule clubs like millwall, palace and doncaster have been feasting at a higher table than us recently and as I keep telling my wife size doesn't matter and its the motion in the ocean that's more important ........