Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sheff W make their 1st big signing

If you think we've got it bad, see the comment from The Owls site  :-)

"We've made the first of a host of new signings.GM and MM have laid down the gauntlet to league one rivals by securing the services of 29 year-old ticket office manager Alastair Wilson. I think we're all agreed this is the coup we've been waiting for..!!"

Thank God Charlton weren't in for him or we would never have got him.   

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10304~2383419,00.html

Comments

• They really aren't too happy about us getting Green :D

Comments like:

Totally gutted. 
    Watch Charlton fly now

and

We will have to get Semedo then coz Charlton have well and truly pissed me off. 

and

I can't wait for us to smash Charlton and rub pudding in their faces!!! 

and

Dissappointing that we're being outmuscled in the transfer market by f****** Charlton...... 
  • Have to say I opened this with great intrigue and maybe some trepidation, thinking who have they got considering they have been linked with the likes of Scotland in recent weeks... oh dear
  • I don't want pudding on my face.
  • i think that i'd quite like it, as long as there's no lemon curd involved.
  • I've been reading their forum, they seem to think they are a much better club than us....
  • Yorkshire pudding?
  • I've been reading their forum, they seem to think they are a much better club than us....
    Well if that is the case they are absolutel right! Unfortunately it doesn't count for much in this horrid league.
  • The bizarre thing is that past premiership experience stands for nothing, but even if it did, we have a far better recent history than them - and when you're signing players in their early 20s, Charlton will be a much more prominent club in their eyes.
  • Thought their sarcastic humour was right on the money.   Made me laugh.   A month ago it could have been one of our threads.     
  • Sponsored links:

• Just shows how far we've come since Messrs Slater, Jiminez, Varney and Powell came onboard.
  • Just shows how far we've come since Messrs Slater, Jiminez, Varney and Powell came onboard.
    Don't get too carried away. It's now 9:50am and still no news on any new signings today. C'mon Charlton, sort it out FFS!
  • edited June 2011

I want to know what we are doing on the Ticket Manager front.  Our promotion rivals have made this front page coup and I dont even know who ours is.

Typical Charlton and we'll only have ourselves to blame in May.

• I dont see why they have such a massive chip on their shoulder, what makes them anymore attractive than us?Stupid northern monkeys!
  • ah i forgot what it's like to be hated!
  • Cant wait to pub pudding on their faces.
  • "Hopefully, they'll still have Gary Doherty playing at the back for them." One of the comments on their site, so obviously noone else rates him lol.
  • i like the ' least semedo and racon have left' 

im just glad people think thats our key players...
  • Yum, pudding.

That's very kind of them.

Do you think they'll give us some custard to go with it as well?

Wow, it's a real tribute to our board that the young talent appears to find the prospect of signing for us more appealing than champ sides and the other heavyweights in our league.  They must be selling them the dream.  For us, it's a no-brainer of course, but then we're biased!

But my, it doesn't half feel good :)

• Sponsored links:

• We bloody well wont have Doc at the back. I guess have have yet to read CP's statement this morning about our defence. 
    :D 
  • Lets deliberately let Sheffield Wednesday have six points against us next season, they deserve it just because...erm, just because they are ....erm just because they are going to....pudding....errrm, b*llocks forgotten why, maybe it's just because they really really want them, like an out of tune X factor contestant, and that is a good enough reason.

I am confused.

• Aw bless them, They evan have a topic devoted to us LOL , love it
  • They linked this thread about us now lol

I personally believe that Sheffield United will finish above Sheff Wednesday, read that Sheff Wednesday fans lol
  • And we have the best Forum !!

• And we have the best Forum !!

by a mile!
  • Can we request specific puddings to have rubbed in our faces? I'll go for a cheesecake. Although the biscuit base might chafe.
  • To be fair, a few of them have said some pretty complimentary things about us on their Wiggins thread.

• Can we request specific puddings to have rubbed in our faces? I'll go for a cheesecake. Although the biscuit base might chafe.
    Yorkshire Pudding for me, please...Not too much gravy. Thanks
  • Nice puddings.