Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Kay at the O2

2»

Comments

• Shut up and leave me alone!!
  • The bloke has done some weight. See him last night.
    Very good, but think the arena is just too big for comedy shows.
  • I am due to see him in February 24. Not actually heard much about his 02 shows, it seems to have gone very quite. Was it any good?
  • cafckev said:
    I am due to see him in February 24. Not actually heard much about his 02 shows, it seems to have gone very quiet. Was it any good?
    I thought the same so I searched Twitter.
    It seems he’s still got it.
    Theres a few spoilers on there so avoid.
    Enjoy it in February 😊
  • We went last night, really enjoyed it... not allowed to record,/video anything so i assume that's why there's much about him.
  • Running for another year, most would become stale.
    The beauty of Kay is that he will mix it with social activity
    Still the best IMO
  • Loved Phoenix Nights but not a fan of his stand up routines just don't find him funny 
  • Get where you’re coming from Wellred.
    Part of me felt the same to be honest
  • I went to the opening night in December having never seen his act - It was superb and spectacular and I laughed so much I was crying! Outstanding show and would strongly recommend 
  • Sponsored links:

• Now that I can’t do these things so easily because of my mobility it really makes me think long and hard before commuting to anything. I genuinely cannot understand why anyone would want to buy tickets costing, in some cases, hundreds of pounds to sit in a soulless arena the length of a football pitch away from the (often past it) hero’s on stage. And pay absolutely over the odds for any incidentals (parking, beer, grub, merch etc). And the new curse of watching it through a sea of upraised iPhones.  I simply don’t get it.  I used to like live music as much as anyone else but these days I just don’t get it.  I love Peter Kay btw but I’ll stick to streaming it. 

Bah humbug. 

• Now that I can’t do these things so easily because of my mobility it really makes me think long and hard before commuting to anything. I genuinely cannot understand why anyone would want to buy tickets costing, in some cases, hundreds of pounds to sit in a soulless arena the length of a football pitch away from the (often past it) hero’s on stage. And pay absolutely over the odds for any incidentals (parking, beer, grub, merch etc). And the new curse of watching it through a sea of upraised iPhones.  I simply don’t get it.  I used to like live music as much as anyone else but these days I just don’t get it.  I love Peter Kay btw but I’ll stick to streaming it. 

Bah humbug. 

Think you have to hand your phones in or stick in a locked bag or somesuch.
  • Going tomorrow. Anyone who has been remember what time he comes on / finishes?
  • 8ish rings a bell but don't quote me on that. Do remember he didn't have a warm up act
  • Going tomorrow. Anyone who has been remember what time he comes on / finishes?
    Started quite promptly about 8.05 and finished about 10.30. Would be quite interested in what you think of the show.
  • We went just before Christmas and he came on at 20.15 and finished at 22.30. Great evening, enjoy.
  • Went just before christmas and although it started abit slow it got better and better and the middle and end proved why he will go down as a great

• Went just before christmas and although it started abit slow it got better and better and the middle and end proved why he will go down as a great

I thought it was a bit meh and a lot of it had personal touches that I found a bit weird. I didn’t go to see his Nan’s life story for instance.
  • Wouldn’t go again.
  • Sponsored links:

• I went last year and came away with a similar opinion as @LargeAddick. It was okay, but not anywhere near his previous shows. The missus and I decided to splash out the extra cash and get V.I.P tickets, so we were pretty close to the front. I wouldn't have bothered if it meant sitting at the back with binoculars.  6/10

I thought it was a bit meh and a lot of it had personal touches that I found a bit weird. I didn’t go to see his Nan’s life story for instance.
    Each to there own i suppose i think as it was near christmas it felt special anyway and we was all looking forward for so long to see him after getting tickets a year or more ago plus he is a family favourite.

i was very close to my nan like him so liked the tribute tbf thought it was a nice touch