Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Kay at the O2

Went to see Peter Kay at the O2 the other evening and was extremely disappointed at the time spent on intervals, which meant that some people were having to leave before the end of the Concert. The show started at 7-30pm with a 25 minute warm-up act from Rick Astley. There then followed a 45 minute break with Peter Kay finally taking the stage at 8-40pm. After 35 minutes, he announced that there was to be another short interval, which this time lasted 35 minutes. Peter Kay then came back on 9-50pm and his performance lasted another 40 minutes. This was frankly not good enough with high price of tickets at the O2 and I for one, will in future buy the DVD rather than attend his live performances.

Comments

• I went on Monday and did think the interval was very long but it was a great performance from him.
  • Saw him in Dec there and was great, don't remember any interval. However you should have been there Friday to see the king of stand-up. The one and only Jerry Seinfeld. He did over 90 mins, non stop. Brilliant.
  • The performance was brilliant, but the two intervals were far too long and spoilt the evening for many who were forced to leave early.

• Throat infection, needed to rest his voice.  He could hardly speak back stage afterwards
  • edited June 2011

• Thanks Henry, explains everything.
  • edited June 2011
    Throat infection, needed to rest his voice.  He could hardly speak back stage afterwards
    Three days on Danny Baker's Show not the brightest idea then eh!
  • Saw him in Dec there and was great, don't remember any interval. However you should have been there Friday to see the king of stand-up. The one and only Jerry Seinfeld. He did over 90 mins, non stop. Brilliant.
    oh, did you go and see seinfeld then chirpy?
  • GARLIC BREAD
  • I wanted to see Seinfeld but was put off by the price of the tickets............quoted £90 plus booking fee by one place and £119 by another !
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought it was prolly because Peter Kay only had one joke     Avit !
  • I wanted to see Seinfeld but was put off by the price of the tickets............quoted £90 plus booking fee by one place and £119 by another !
    They were over £100 but you get what you pay for in life......
  • By contrast and a different thing of course but I went to see Derren Brown last week and was very impressed by the value for money it represented. Not quite in Ken Dodds league but it must have been approaching 2.5 hours long excl the interval.

And he was bloody amazing as usual.

• I was at Seinfeld last week and he was hilarious.

Just a shame that the seats cost £110 each, and were at the other end of the O2, facing 45 degrees away from the stage. I do not understand how it can be justified to charge that much for seats that are not designed to face the performer. An utter disgrace, and the last time I'll ever hit the O2 for a comedy gig.

Add that to the £30 I spent on a hot dog, sandwich and two drinks in the 'Sky Bar', and the (prescription) sunglasses I lost on the train, all in all, not even Jerry is funny enough to make that cost worthwhile. God knows what would have happened to my temper if Jerry took multiple breaks mid-show!
  • Spangles
  • Humour is a thing of taste and not everyone will like Peter Kay

I can honestly say I have never laughed as much ever over 90 mins since we sent Palace down, although the warm up and interval were too long although wouldnt have bothered me if I was drinking.

• Up The Creek on a Friday. £10
    Cheap beer and food.
    Enough cash left over to buy the DVD of every one of your favourite comedians. And you can actually see them rather than the indistict speck at a stadium gig.
  • Went to see PK on Friday - haven't laughed so much in ages apart from having to pay £25 to park! Lack of planning... there must be cheaper parking somewhere round there.
  • Went to see PK on Friday - haven't laughed so much in ages apart from having to pay £25 to park! Lack of planning... there must be cheaper parking somewhere round there.

Across the road odean/b&q car park, It's free. Hop on a bus for £2 or better still only takes 10 mins to walk!
  • arena comedy is increasingly popular shite
  • Sponsored links:

Across the road odean/b&q car park, It's free. Hop on a bus for £2 or better still only takes 10 mins to walk!
    Thanks Pioneer... I really loathe O2 anyway. It's like going to Bluewater (or Brave New World) for a gig.

Park in North Greenwich tube car park, it's a fiver and only two minute walk.
  • Almost the same as a whole Friday night with three comics at Up The Creek - bargain!
  • Saw Peter Kaye Monday Night - he was superb - and Rick Astley done his numbers  -the biggest rip off is the price of the food/Beer and parking - 

• 25 quid to park at a concert? That is taking the absolute piss, I would not pay that on principle.
  • 25 quid to park at a concert? That is taking the absolute piss, I would not pay that on principle.
    You would if you're running late, nose into the barrier with a queue of cars behind you and your wife needing a wee! You're right though - it was taking the piss!
  • Stop being mugs! It's been said here enough times, park at the Tube Station car park, £8. Cars go in and out all night and there is always a space as people from outside SE London don't know about it. Or, park at the Odeon car park, it's only a 10/15 min walk or get a bus FFS!
  • Always go in the tube station car park bit it takes a fair while to get out afterwards!
  • or go and have a pint in the Pilot beforehand and dont pay anything at all - and you're half way out before all the tube station parkers are still stuck in there.

Chirpy you need to take a chill pill you're overly aggressive posts are getting a bit dull now.