Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC Transfer Story - Paul Hayes

Comments

• I think he actually said something like poor game. Poor performance. Hoping a meal at the oxo tower will cheer me up. Nothing at all wrong with what he done and nothing at all wrong with going on holiday after a relegation. Like shg said we go out after a bad day at the office and just because there in a well paid job they should be no different
  • What SHG and ORH say.

Doubt we'll see much of him again but nowhere near deserves the stick he gets on here.
  • McCormack went for a meal with his partner / wife/ girlfriend not sure which after work in a restaurant which is commensurate with his price range and why the effing hell should he not. So he had a bad day at the office like lots of his colleagues. Of course none of us ever have bad days which after we want to do something nice with our loved ones. Now I might not be able to afford The Oxo Tower but that's just my bad luck and circumstances. I don't begrudge Mac his ability to use a restaurant just because I can't. Some people on here want to get a life and stop slating a player for doing something very normal and quite frankly none of their damn business.
    Agree with this, some of ours fans aren't prepared to even give McCormack a chance. Yes, his is a very limited player, but he was signed with limited resources (same goes to Francis). The players he competes with for a place in the team with (ie. Racon and Semedo) were signed for a team expected to gain promotion to the premiership, so if anyone is underperforming it is those two.

You say he's a limited player but he's had some success with southend, from a personal point of view. Some players just click with clubs/managers/fans. He hasn't with us.
  • We have freedom of speech in this country.  This includes Twitter and this forum.

We all take partners/wives out for anniversary meals at the best venues we can afford.

He had the sense to use the night before a day off.

Many performers use Twitter to keep in touch with friends and colleagues. It is a social network not a source to try and ruin someone's career.

The guy had a bad game. Get over it.

The new season is what we should be focussing on.

• Agree with this, some of ours fans aren't prepared to even give McCormack a chance. Yes, his is a very limited player, but he was signed with limited resources (same goes to Francis). The players he competes with for a place in the team with (ie. Racon and Semedo) were signed for a team expected to gain promotion to the premiership, so if anyone is underperforming it is those two.
    A very good take on the whole McOxo thing
  • So what has a thread about Paul Hayes got to do with "McOxo" ?
  • So what has a thread about Paul Hayes got to do with "McOxo" ?

Well said. Some people really should take a CL holiday.
  • I don't deserve a CL holiday as I havnt been up to scratch in my office job lately

:D
  • He's on the plane to Barbados... 
  • Barbados in June?  Nobody goes there out of season do they?  Virgin Atlantic are virtually giving away the Upper Class seats at this time of year and I expect the hotels are doing BOGOF.
  • Sponsored links:

• Barbados in June?  Nobody goes there out of season do they?  Virgin Atlantic are virtually giving away the Upper Class seats at this time of year and I expect the hotels are doing BOGOF.

It could get a few people's backs up if he disappeared off there for Christmas though...

• Nobody goes there out of season do they?  
    Pretty much every pro footballer and their missus and kids if you open up the papers over the past few days! Rooney, Carroll, apparently Phil Neville was there as well lol.
  • Is Bowditch a better bet than Hayes. Has refused to re-sign at Yeovil and scores one in three at this level. Still quite young I think.
  • Bowditch may be too similar to Benson and Wright-Phillips. Personally I'd like to see him replace both or either. Given that we are stuck with Benny and/or Bradders, Powell might well be looking for a different type of striker to complement what we already have, a bigger more robust type or a ball holder upper who can make chances for the 2Bs
  • Nobody goes there out of season do they?  
    Pretty much every pro footballer and their missus and kids if you open up the papers over the past few days! Rooney, Carroll, apparently Phil Neville was there as well lol.
    To quote Yogi Berra:  "nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded".  lol
  • Bowditch really no thank you.

I want Adam Le Fondre for 1 million

Adam Le F?... I fear his best days might be behind him. He finished last season on the bench and looks to me as though he has lost that vital bit of pace over the first 5 yards. Seems to be magic in a winning cause yet not so hot in a losing/middling one 
  • Bowditch really no thank you.

I want Adam Le Fondre for 1 million

You'll know what it is to want then. Doubt our entire transfer fees budget is anywhere near 1m.

• Le Fondre would only cost 150,000 he's worth it for that amount.
  • Le Fondre would only cost 150,000 he's worth it for that amount.

Bite their hands off for that price
  • well honestly come on.

with alot of smaller clubs going out of business in say the conference or league two we should take advantage of this

Name one league 2 club that has gone out of business? Actually, name a conference side that has gone out of business recently?
  • Sponsored links:

• lads bowditch is a midfielder/forward ;-)
  • well honestly come on.

with alot of smaller clubs going out of business in say the conference or league two we should take advantage of this

Name one league 2 club that has gone out of business? Actually, name a conference side that has gone out of business recently?

Rushden&Diamonds
  • Good news if true!
  • PNE fans seem a bit upset that he's going - and that he might come back to haunt them.  Let's hope so...
  • http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/hayes_leaves_preston_after_one_season_1_3476215
    This is good news if true and would also explain why there's been no confirmation yet:
    Presumably, we've been negotiating that Preston should release him to avoid us paying a fee - and it seems they've agreed to cut their losses.
    If this is all true then it's an impressive piece of negotiation.
  • it would have been the player negotiating to be released from his contract not us. Would probably mean Hayes is demanding a significant signing on fee from us. No wonder he can afford to go to Vegas and the Bahamas for four weeks.
  • it would have been the player negotiating to be released from his contract not us. Would probably mean Hayes is demanding a significant signing on fee from us. No wonder he can afford to go to Vegas and the Bahamas for four weeks.
    Granted, you may be right, but I think you can still credit CAFC to a good extent. If it was Hayes who convinced Preston, I'm sure CAFC would have been instrumental in encouraging this development- ie, making it clear that we would not be prepared to pay the wages he wanted unless he managed to extract himself from his contract.
    Either way, I'd say both club and player have come out of it well - always assuming that the story's not bollocks of course!
  • well honestly come on.

Rushden&Diamonds

Havent gone out of business. Demoted for financial reasons. The club is also about to be taken over.
  • he'll sign for us later this week

as will Danny Green