Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Comments

• Options
    I can't leave the house unless the colour of my watch strap, belt and shoes all match. If I am wearing brown shoes then the shade of brown has to match if possible. If I am wearing a watch with a steel strap it makes things easier. Even if no one else can see my watch strap or belt I cannot leave the house unless they are matching my shoes. People say I am anal, sad, gay, but I think I have just been blessed with an acute sense of style and good taste and don't care what they say!
  • Options
    I can't leave the house unless the colour of my watch strap, belt and shoes all match. If I am wearing brown shoes then the shade of brown has to match if possible. If I am wearing a watch with a steel strap it makes things easier. Even if no one else can see my watch strap or belt I cannot leave the house unless they are matching my shoes. People say I am anal, sad, gay, but I think I have just been blessed with an acute sense of style and good taste and don't care what they say!

No. Whoever said you was gay were right ;0)
  • Options
    80 pairs!!!  Are you related to Imelda Marcos???
  • Options
    When I change the TV volume, I feel compelled to leave the volume on an even number 24 or 26. Just can't be doing with say 25   :-)

How odd (or should I say even), I had that affliction for a while (did the same with cruise control on the car!!!). I forced myself to choose odd numbers and I'm now back to normal I think. 

Second time I've tried to quote Covered End but can't seem to get my comments in the white space and it doesn't say Covered End said:

• Options
    Sounds good SHG. I realise you always have to have one normal person in these shows as contrast to the freaks so if the sane rational voice has to be mine so be it.

Let's be honest there's only me and Algarve who aren't mad and I'm not too sure about him.

: - )
  • Options
    some crazy dudes walk amongst us and i thought i was a bit mad
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    my belt used to have to match my trainers or I didn't want to go out. If I couldn't find the belt then i changed my whole outfit.  

I hate odd numbers. Will always take the even seat at the football, theatre etc. Really would consider not moving to a house with an odd number. didn't to get married in 2011 - really wanted it to be 2010 or would have waited until 2012. 

I also have raw meat/fish on one shelf, cooked meat on another and have to have dairy together on another shelf. never thought that was OCD before, just thought that was being organised. I'm a really messy/untidy sod, but i can't bear it if the butter is on the 3rd shelf down on a pack of mince. drives me mad. 

• Options
    But to me Algarve, they are a way of life.

I am kidding, although I've got about 80 pairs of trainers.

80 pairs of trainers, Mr Hawksmoor .......?

Blimey, I thought it was only women who compulsively buy shoes.

;o)
  • Options
    my belt used to have to match my trainers or I didn't want to go out. If I couldn't find the belt then i changed my whole outfit.  

I hate odd numbers. Will always take the even seat at the football, theatre etc. Really would consider not moving to a house with an odd number. didn't to get married in 2011 - really wanted it to be 2010 or would have waited until 2012. 

I also have raw meat/fish on one shelf, cooked meat on another and have to have dairy together on another shelf. never thought that was OCD before, just thought that was being organised. I'm a really messy/untidy sod, but i can't bear it if the butter is on the 3rd shelf down on a pack of mince. drives me mad. 

That's just basic food hygiene Suz. Never, ever, put raw meat on the shelf above cooked meat.

You're still a freak about the odd numbers thing though...

• Options
    According to the Enneagram we all fit into certain categories. The perfectionist is a number 1 (numbers are not in any order of preference.) So if you are a perfectionist type you are more likely to be OCD. There are 9 catergories, I'll list them if I must.
    My unproven theory is that we are over vaccinated, so immunity systems have started to break down in the genes,...and each generation of kids gets more hyperactive/semi autistic/prone to allergies/asthmatic etc,, not helped by the e additives, lead in the air etc. Plus of course if you are not mad already you will be if you follow Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the milk and meat thing means you are orthodox Jewish suzie : - )

I do think this is a classic retro CL thread from circa 2008
  • Options
    ha ha, all the weirdos are coming out the closet !

I have to check the back door is locked before going to bed even though i know its not been opened. That's as crazy as i get !
  • Options
    What's that noise????
  • Options
    Obsessed with personal hygiene. Will shower at least 3 times a day, in the morning, when i get in from work & before bed.
  • Options
    ha ha, all the weirdos are coming out the closet !

I have to check the back door is locked before going to bed even though i know its not been opened. That's as crazy as i get !
    I'm with you on that AFKA. I don't think it's crazy though, it's just one of those things where the costs of getting it wrong are just too high to risk.
  • Options
    I also can't bear to have food touch my hands. don't like crumbs. eat with a knife and fork (burgers and pizzas) unless macdonalds, but eat that in layers so it doesn't all squeeze out over my hands. 

• Options
    seems your ocd has logic Suzi
  • Options

Not much but i can not leave electrical items plugged in. Only thing i leave plugged in is the Fridge and the Sky Box. Even if the switch is off, i have to remove the plug. I can not cope with it!

Finished with the kettle, or microwave, or toaster etc. The missus switches them off at the wall, and i have to go around after and unplug everything. Before i go out, i make sure all is unplugged and then go.

:-(

A couple of years ago we arrived at a family holiday in Norfolk, when I clocked I had left the iron on at home. 7 hour round trip (bank holiday weekend traffic) to go and turn it off. So this probably makes sense ;-)
  • Options

80 pairs of trainers, Mr Hawksmoor .......?

Blimey, I thought it was only women who compulsively buy shoes.

;o)
    I have to sneak them in as well. Then there's the old line: 'What these? No, I've had these ages.'
  • Options
    Absolutely with you there SHG. Changed my watch today to one with a black Nato strap because I'm wearing black shoes and a black jacket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Used to work with a guy who used to colour coordinate his tie, his shirt, his suit (colour of stitching to match shirt), his glasses, his watch, his socks, etc. I didn't think it was OCD, I just assumed he was gay.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

bloody hell. i've got 'two' pairs of converse all-stars. both black! i wear them to work (in a hospital), to walk the dogs, on a night out etc. dont care what people think, especially management.

• Options
    some of you have to get a life !
  • Options
    some of you have to get a life !
    Quoting not working 100%
  • Options
    I have reverse OCD.  I don't give a monkey's what I wear. Drives Mrs LA nuts.  She has ordered me to change before we go out on many occasions.
  • Options
    When I go out I deliberately look everywhere but the place where the car keys are so that they are always in the last place I looked ;-)
  • Options
    Hawksmoor - 80 pairs of trainers?

I think I might know you. Did you go on a stag do to Brussels a few years back? (and picked up a pair of trainers whilst you were there?)
  • Options

I am obsessed with spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

So where do you stand on the use of the Oxford comma?

In a list like this I often use it. For me, it all depends on whether, if speaking aloud, I would employ an equal pause to those used for the previous words.

btw, don't take me too seriously. I was half-joking.
  • Options
    Used to work with a guy who used to colour coordinate his tie, his shirt, his suit (colour of stitching to match shirt), his glasses, his watch, his socks, etc. I didn't think it was OCD, I just assumed he was gay.
    Sounds very French to me.
  • Options
    Sounds very French to me.
    No - he lived in Brighton (or was it Hove Actually).