Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Comments

• Options

always have to have bank notes facing the same way up.  Although recently I don't seem to have enough to bundle together anyway !

Missus' mate can not leave the house/go to sleep unless all the light switches are in in the same position.  I do confess to messing up the hallway/landing combo once....  Next step is to take one light switch off an put it back on upside down.....

• Options
    Oggy, I've never been so insulted. Hold on, I've just got to give my trainers a wipe...

;o)
  • Options
    @Hawksmoor

Your idea of putting gaffer tape round your jeans to stop denim stains is genius!

Maybe I need a bit of OCD in my life :0)
  • Options
    I've often suspected that I am the only "normal" person on here and from this thread I think I've been proved correct  : - )
  • Options
    My wife's OCD is leaving cupboard doors open when there's no charge in my house for closing them. My OCD is closing them.
  • Options
    @Hawksmoor

Your idea of putting gaffer tape round your jeans to stop denim stains is genius!

Maybe I need a bit of OCD in my life :0)

Yeah, it's a good tip, mate. And obviously it can't be seen when you're wearing them, as it's on the inside. Raw denim will murder trainers. And it's impossible to get denim stains off of light-coloured suede trainers.
  • Options
    I is obssesed wif speling puntuation and gramer
    I is obssessed wif speling puntuation and gramer
    I is obsessed wif speling puntuation and gramer
    I is obsessed wif spelling puntuation and gramer
    I is obsessed wif spelling, puntuation and gramer
    I is obsessed with spelling, puntuation and gramer
    I is obsessed with spelling, punctuation and gramer
    I is obsessed with spelling, punctuation and grammer
    I am obsessed with spelling, punctuation and grammer
    I am obsessed with spelling, punctuation, and grammer
    I am obsessed with spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
  • Options
    Is the first line the correct one? No, wait. It's the fifth line, isn't it?
  • Options
    Oggy, I've never been so insulted. Hold on, I've just got to give my trainers a wipe...

;o)
    Oi! I'm from Croydon, and I don't give a flying f*** about my trainers. I'm currently wearing a shitty old pair of Nikes that cost me 15 quid, are nearly a year old, and bloody filthy
  • Options
    This won't be a joking matter for anyone on here who really does have OCD. It is a serious illness and making light of it will be upsetting to some. I think it was very insensitive to start this thread. Please have some respect for those with the condition.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    True, but they're too busy opening and closing their web browsers 14 times to be able to read the thread.
  • Options
    LOL!
  • Options
    Thank god. I thought it was just me....
  • Options
    This won't be a joking matter for anyone on here who really does have OCD. It is a serious illness and making light of it will be upsetting to some. I think it was very insensitive to start this thread. Please have some respect for those with the condition.

Too late most of the OCDs seem to have opened the thread, and contributed to it.
  • Options

I am obsessed with spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

So where do you stand on the use of the Oxford comma?

• Options

Is Charlton life your obsessive compulsive disorder, Off_it ?

I know it's probably mine!

It is definitely mine and not many people (I'd venture to say only AFKA Bartram) knows it!

• Options
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    Whenever I unpack the shopping I MUST turn the labels to face the front when I put them in the fridge or on shelves...even I think of the film "Sleeping with the Enemy" when I'm doing it!  My wife thinks I'm a bit loopy.....
  • Options
    I'm OCD about footwear. I like my trainers to be absolutely box fresh at all times. I put white laces in the wash after every wear, put gaffa tape on the inside of the bottom of my raw selvage denim, so I don't get denim stains on my trainers (adidas Originals or Vans Chukkas), and I carry a little pack of wetwipes to ensure the outsole is always clean, and a suede brush if the shoes are suede. I once missed the kick-off when we were away at Fulham because I refused to walk across the grass in the park on the way to the ground with my vintage adidas Kegler Supers on. Yeah, I'm frickin' nuts.
    They are glorified plimsoles FFS Hawksmore... get a grip man. I'm with Henners, you are all mad... mad I tell you... mad...
  • Options
    But to me Algarve, they are a way of life.

I am kidding, although I've got about 80 pairs of trainers.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    ordered a pair of Nike ID trainers about a year ago. Still in the box, can't bring myself to wear them in case they get dirty. Got Addicks stitched on the outside of each and 19 & 47 on the back of the heels. 
  • Options
    Now that's what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    ordered a pair of Nike ID trainers about a year ago. Still in the box, can't bring myself to wear them in case they get dirty. Got Addicks stitched on the outside of each and 19 & 47 on the back of the heels. 
    Shame you couldn't get them both the same size!

Anyway, what's this all about? I've just got back from washing my hands 7 times after going to the loo.
  • Options
    Saga, I've been told to get a grip because I'm obsessed with keeping my trainers clean and LargeAddick is so worried about getting his trainers dirty that he won't even wear them.
  • Options
    I'm OCD about footwear. I like my trainers to be absolutely box fresh at all times. I put white laces in the wash after every wear.....
    Do you iron the laces before putting them back in the trainers ?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I don't no, but if they get twisted when I'm lacing them, I start again. Can't have twisted laces.

Jesus, I sound like a lunatic.
  • Options

can't be doing with all this OCD lark - I'm about as normal as they get.  whilst on the subject I also can't be doing with people who get "depressed" or "down" neither.

you's all got to pull yourselves together............

• Options
    I don't no, but if they get twisted when I'm lacing them, I start again. Can't have twisted laces.

Jesus, I sound like a lunatic.
    Yes, you do.

Not as if they are even proper shoes.
  • Options
    I just like to look clean and smart: Japanese selvedge denim, a pair of Solebox adidas Berlins, a black John Smedley and a Belstaff jacket, and I feel good.
  • Options
    Jeez fellas. Never mind about David Charlton in Strangeways of being freekin bonkers. There is a whole tv series ready and waiting to be made from CL. And Henry.......... You are definitely the subject of episode one ;0).