Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Memories of Alan Simonsen (NOT a RIP)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Big mistake clicking on those if your meant to be working, they are one huge time vacuum, start wars music as the team ran out before an awful version of RRR.

Poor turn out by Newcastle by their own standards, 1500?  I wonder where the mascot Kevin Fuller from Sevenoaks is today, from his warm up he would give the bloke last saturday a run in the crossbar challenge 
  • Options
    Unfortunately my first games attending The Valley had AS in the side and while clearly he was brilliant I just assumed it would always be like that at Charlton!! How wrong I was. And I was equally surprised to learn just how few games he actually played for us. As I did with Jim Melrose when he spoke on Charlton TV at the weekend. It was an incredible and unlikely story getting AS and while it clearly caused huge problems I wouldn't change it now. (Even the dire Arthur Waite stand years!) 
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Big mistake clicking on those if your meant to be working, they are one huge time vacuum, start wars music as the team ran out before an awful version of RRR.

Poor turn out by Newcastle by their own standards, 1500?  I wonder where the mascot Kevin Fuller from Sevenoaks is today, from his warm up he would give the bloke last saturday a run in the crossbar challenge 
    There's a whole other piece of work tracking down all the mascots on these videos and find out where there are now.

Recognised the name of one who I know is still a keen supporter.
  • Options
    Yeah t was Swansea reserves and killer played as well. Think he scored as well , but bit pickled as we were in a box , courtesy of mark Hulyer 
  • Options
    From the Museum's YouTube channel.

Seem to remember there being a bit of trouble at that game.
  • Options
    Mark Hulyer's girlfriend when he became Chairman was the mum of a boy in my year who went to my primary school - he was in the other class but we played in the school team and the same sunday side - he wasn't a Charlton fan but was definitely a mascot at least once in that era - in fact, he looked quite similar to  the kid in the picture above although might have been a bit older   
  • Options
    I worked odd weekends at The Black Prince in Bexley for a year or two, covering the period when AS was staying there. 
    I remember stepping back from the reception desk one day (after trying unsuccessfully to chat up the receptionist) and cannoning into our record signing who was quietly standing directly behind me. I almost trod on his foot. Would have taken me a long time to pay off £340,000 at £1.79 an hour!
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

I wonder if this is him.  And/or this
  • Options
    Getting 10k for his first game (friendly), pretty much sums up the buzz around the place when he signed.