Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Telephone rules

2»

Comments

• Options
    Down here in the depths of Maidstone we shoot people who phone us after sunset :-)
    Landline up to 10.00 would be ok with me. Mobile and text up to 11. If I'm still up that is, but my mobile is normally on silent so it won't disturb me anyway if I am ;-)
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0WeQJW-H3Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Also, think the Curb theme tune should replace the RRR!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]texts anytime

Landland after 8.00 am and before 10pm

This!

Although a friend was once annoyed with me for texting him at 9.00 am, mind you I was working in India and he was in London and there was a 5 1/2 hour difference.
  • Options
    What's the difference between putting a mobile on silent, and unplugging a landline? And do new fangled phones not have a silent option?

For me, not before 10AM or after 10PM, but you take into account who you are calling don't you? We work late so 10AM is sometimes too early, would not call anyone on a night shift before 4PM.
  • Options
    a bump for inconsiderate Lifers :-)
  • Options
    Mobiles are an interesting one.  I'm of the generation that switches them off at night, but plenty don't, &/or use them as alarms.  All very well unless you are travelling in a different time zone - as a former colleague discovered when I called him at 2am Californian time to discuss a minor issue.
  • Options
    texts anytime

Landland after 8.00 am and before 10pm
    As I said ; - )
  • Options

Not before 9am or after 9pm in the week. Not before 10am or after 9pm at weekends. Landlines and mobiles. They're both telephones and both disturb!

• Options
    iPhones and working nights don't nix.

Often calls anybody by mistake at silly o clock as the iPhone is a KIN nuisance for this.
  • Options
    What's your unofficial cut off time for ringing someone who is not a close friend or family ? Are there different 'rules' for calling mobiles and landlines ? A bloke from another team i've never spoken to before called on the house phone last night at 10.15pm, just to see if my club wanted a friendly this Sunday. He woke up my wife and one of the babies, and it took me nearly an hour to get the baby back to sleep again. To say i wasn't impressed was an understatement and i let the fella know. Was i right to be off with the fella ? In my rules, i wouldn't call someone i didn't know's landline after 9pm, mobile after 9.30, though i may text them up to 10pm. What are your rules ?

In your position, if (and assuming) you are a fixture/team secretary/manager of a club I suggest that late calls come with the territory, especially if you are in a clearing house situation for other clubs looking for a fixture at late notice or a player is crying off or confirming travel/meeting arrangements etc.

If however the call is a social or non-business call, 10.15 p.m. is far too late to make or take calls.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    For someone calling me, I honestly don't care as long as it's before midnight, but that's because my youngest is now 11 and it would take a bomb to wake him.

As for calling someone (especially someone who is not a friend or family) 9pm is the absolute latest i'd call. Even friend and family unless urgent.

I used to be a secretary of a sunday team a few years back and it's amazing how many people assumed it was okay to call anytime before 11pm on a saturday.

Might be a good idea to have your home number removed from the handbook in future.
  • Options
    Had to phone a pal in newyork on Thursday forgot time difference lol
  • Options
    Once got a call from barclaycard at 8.30 in morning on boxing day from a lovely chap in India, duely told him what I thought about calling me, complained to barclaycard and got intrest taken off bill for that month.