Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why Charlton ?

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Simple for me, at least 4th generation Charlton fan, wish we knew if any further back. 

My great uncle took my grandad, grandad took my dad, dad took me, the curse is passed on. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    It's all my Dad's fault.
    You can’t blame Peter for everything?
  • Options
    Is it where I used to stand?
  • Options
    few mates got into it, started to go over Selhurst with them, but then what cemented it crazily was when the Charlton Chat radio programme started up on a Sunday night on Radio Thamesmead. At least something on a Sunday night other than songs of praise. Started to listen every week and before i knew it i was following Charlton all round the country.
    Just mentioned on another thread today that radio station RTM I called it with Clive R 
    and Steve Sutherland . Plus the guy that answered the phones Ben👍
  • Options
    It always was / is the intention to have these sort of threads highlighted in another section of the site, unfortunately it got put on the back burner due to costs / problems /time etc.

But all these posts haven't been lost, and something will be done with them at some stage.

Lets not clog this thread with side issues and keep it as it is.
    15 years later people somehow still come across it .@AFKABartram
  • Options
    From Erith so it was always going to be. Went in 60’s and 70’s sporadically but properly season ticketed since 2009 mainly for something to do with my 8 year old son who after 5 games didn’t like it but I was well and truly hooked.I think the stadium itself has some pulling power but when it’s not the football which as we know has been dire most of the time it’s the people around me that keeps me turning up