Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CURBS OUT

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
TAKEN FROM THE WESTHAM BOARD!

Previous | Next | New Post | Top of Board
dell41 Posted on 1/2 9:16 Email this Message | Edit | Reply
Curbishley Out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bring back Pardew I have no confidence in Curbishley, Day and Peacock keeping us in this league.The decisions he has made since taking over have been a joke. Dropping Robert Green, Paul Kanchesky,Hayden Mullins for Roy treflon Carroll,Ringo McCarthney, Phil Spector and Nigel Quashie beggers belief. But the biggest crime is not giving Javer a game he is without doubt the best defensive midfield player at the club and a world class player. What do we do we pay 1.5 mill for a poor mans Neil Orr. Javer is that bad that Liverpool and Juventus both want him. Curbishley team selection and tactics are poor at best. Also we have now created a divide in the dressing room with all these new players coming in on 40,50,60 and 70 thousand a week while the others are on 15, 20 thousand. I am afraid that relegation is now a formality and with all the new players on get out clause we could end up like Leeds United God help us

Comments

• Options
    LMFAO

My step brother is a Hammer and I warned him but he wouldn't have it. I got a very sheepish email from him this morning.

Good stuff.
  • Options
    Oh this is good !
  • Options
    Oh this is good !
  • Options
    Brilliant, keep going Spammers, tear yourselves apart, you well and truly deserve it for the way you treated Pardew.

We have every right to sack Dowie because he had no track record with us to support his shite performance but Pards had worked miracles and then at the first sign of trouble a lot of the fans (not all, I admit) were calling for his head. Too bad, so sad!!!
  • Options
    Personally i agree with some of what that guy says although Pardew hardly played Mascherano before Curbs came in so he can't be totally to blame for that. I also feel that in Upson, Neill and Davenport he hasn't bought too badly at the back and that might just be eonugh for them to stay up. Quashie and boa morte however are rubbish.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I think there is a bit of a double standard creeping in, not just here, but in general.

Curbs is taking his share of stick for leaving us with a poor squad, etc, etc and I think some of that is fair comment. However when Curbs complains that WHUs summer signings have not performed (which is true) this is seen as attacking Pardew.

But by the same logic isn't Pardew in someway to blame for the situation that West Ham are in? He bought those players (Spector anyone) or is it that now Pardew is one of us we have to ignore all his previous mistakes.
  • Options
    henry, ask a westham fan about spector, he has been of their better players when he has played!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think there is a bit of a double standard creeping in, not here, but in general.

Curbs is taking his share of stick for leaving us with a poor squad, etc, etc and I think some of the is fair comment. However when CUrbs complains that WHUs summer signings have not performed (which is true) this is seen as attacking Pardew.

But by the same logic isn't Pardew in someway to blame for the situation that West Ham are in? He bought those players (Spector anyone) or is it that now Pardew is one of us we have to ignore all his previous mistakes.
    Oh Henry please!!! How long have you followed football??
    If they are one of yours, you love 'em, if they ain't.....you 'ate 'em.
    Double standards? Please do not bring your broadsheet/management consultancy jargon into our world.
  • Options
    Well said DJ

OK Curbs did a lot for Charlton but he was also responsible for leaving us with an ageing squad and, from what we have seen, no younger players coming through to take their places - that's called MANAGEMENT and Curbs wasn't that good at it in his last year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think there is a bit of a double standard creeping in, not here, but in general.

Curbs is taking his share of stick for leaving us with a poor squad, etc, etc and I think some of the is fair comment. However when CUrbs complains that WHUs summer signings have not performed (which is true) this is seen as attacking Pardew.

Oh Henry please!!! How long have you followed football??
    If they are one of yours, you love 'em, if they ain't.....you 'ate 'em.
    Double standards? Please do not bring your broadsheet/management consultancy jargon into our world.

davey,, do you no henry persoanlly?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes.
    And he knows I like to pull his leg. Don't worry.
  • Options
    Ormiston, complete and utter bollox I'm afraid, not one fan was calling for pardew to be sacked.
    In fact, he was very well supported vocally by the whole crowd when the takeover was complete.

With regards to pardew, he clearly lost the dressing room. He should shoulder some of the blame for the mess that we are facing this season.

Spector. One of the only players to show any desire for us this season. Always gives his all which is more preferable than some performances west ham players have put in this season.

Now to Curbishley!!! GGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. *insert angry face here*.
    Some of his decisions are baffling. He is a stuborn b*stard ain't he.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Well said DJ

OK Curbs did a lot for Charlton but he was also responsible for leaving us with an ageing squad and, from what we have seen, no younger players coming through to take their places - that's called MANAGEMENT and Curbs wasn't that good at it in his last year.

Who knows what Curbs would have done over the summer had he stayed?

I can understand the reaction to Curbs especially given his recent TV interviews but Curbs is a good manager and there are 13 games to go. I'm praying we can catch Sheff Utd because Curbs has enough about him to get West Ham out of it which realistically means we have to get past Wigan and Sheff Utd.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think there is a bit of a double standard creeping in, not just here, but in general.

Curbs is taking his share of stick for leaving us with a poor squad, etc, etc and I think some of that is fair comment. However when Curbs complains that WHUs summer signings have not performed (which is true) this is seen as attacking Pardew.

But by the same logic isn't Pardew in someway to blame for the situation that West Ham are in? He bought those players (Spector anyone) or is it that now Pardew is one of us we have to ignore all his previous mistakes.[/quote]

We are talking about football...since when has 'double standards' ever intruded into a discussion about football.

I think Pardew did a great job with West Ham - picking the pieces up after relegation and the Roeder years, and after they sold off a lot of talented players, to getting them promoted, and they hit the ground running in the EPL last year, including not just into a FA Cup Final but they came within seconds of winning it, and from there into Europe. They even started this season well. Where things went wrong was in bringing in the two Argentinians on high salaries and other players - creating a bit of a divide in the changing room, a bit of a second season hang-over and maybe losing in Ashton the goal scorer who could have papered over a few cracks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

I can understand the reaction to Curbs especially given his recent TV interviews but Curbs is a good manager and there are 13 games to go. I'm praying we can catch Sheff Utd because Curbs has enough about him to get West Ham out of it which realistically means we have to get past Wigan and Sheff Utd.

Oh Len!
    Curbs has little to offer a team in trouble. He cannot motivate anymore. Forget him. We will finish above WHU, we may go down still but they will be below us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Oh Len!
    Curbs has little to offer a team in trouble. He cannot motivate anymore. Forget him. We will finish above WHU, we may go down still but they will be below us.

Hope you're right Chirps!

(About us finishing above West Ham - not the us going down as well bit!)
  • Options
    Len you mentioned you think Curbs will get West Ham out of it & to be honest with the amount of money they are throwing around they should be getting out of it. What I am curious about though is you think Curbs has the nouse to get them out of it, rather than the actual players. I only remember Curbishley fighting relegation one season with Charlton & that ended in glorious failure if i remember correctly. All his other seasons were mid-table security so in my mind cannot be classed as relegation scraps.

WARNING
    ***This post is not in any way meant to cast Alan Curbishley as some kind of failure, which he is not***
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Len you mentioned you think Curbs will get West Ham out of it & to be honest with the amount of money they are throwing around they should be getting out of it. What I am curious about though is you think Curbs has the nouse to get them out of it, rather than the actual players. I only remember Curbishley fighting relegation one season with Charlton & that ended in glorious failure if i remember correctly. All his other seasons were mid-table security so in my mind cannot be classed as relegation scraps.

WARNING
    ***This post is not in any way meant to cast Alan Curbishley as some kind of failure, which he is not***

It's a bit of both.

We got relegated nearly 10 years ago now and Curbs has learned a lot about the Premier League since then so yes I think he has got the nous now.

Also, although it galls me to say it, West Ham have got some good players some of whom people have expressed a wish to have at The Valley through the "window" discussions.

I think they will do enough over 13 games to escape although obviously we can do ourselves a massive favour on 24th Feb!
  • Options
    Mortain: "Not one fan was calling for pardew to be sacked"

Oh, come on, please! THAT is complete bollocks and you know it. Like I said, not ALL Spammers were calling for him to be sacked but I did not see mass fan protests when he was sacked, did you? I remember reading a whole lot of Spammers on the KUMB site calling for his head before and after the 4-0 at Bolton and 606 (not that that counts for much) also had Spammers calling for his head.

No, what I saw was that bunch of wanker Bling-Bling merchants in your squad getting their fecking agents to leak it to the press that Pardew had "lost the dressing room" and you and your mates falling for it hook line and sinker. Worse than that were the pile of shite rumors some of your lot started spreading about Pardew's private life to try and justify the disgraceful sacking and why he had "lost" the players.

Want to know where your problem lies? Try the players, they've been shite for two managers now and simply did not like it when the good times stopped rolling under Pardew and he started cracking the whip. Bunch of feckin tossers would not have even been in the Prem if it was not for Pardew.

"Clearly lost the dressing room" what the feck does that mean anyway? Does that mean that this collection of former CCC players and Prem rejects suddenly decide that the bloke who has given them a shot at the big time can't do it anymore? What a completely ridiculous argument. Any owner/chairman worth their salt would get rid of the troublesome players, not the successful manager.

IMHO, if your lot had kept Pardew you would have been nowhere near relegation by the end of the season but by sacking him you opened the trap-door perfectly because you gave in to the source of the problem rather than solving it.
  • Options
    Curbs did a great job for us but his failures could always be explained away because it was "only" Charlton, with low expectations and our media perception was that we were always punching above our weight etc nad he was always, or it seemed to me to be low profile, you never saw/heard him comp-laining about Charlton's lack of financial resources when compared to other teams or bragging the limelight. At WHU he has inherited a situation, the fans expect more Eggert has invested millions, the squad doesn't seem happy and after the Man u result the team just hasn't gelled and probably won't for another year until it becomes "his".

That means shifting out a few players, but he's not dealing with the likes of those that Ipswich might want to sell on or scraping around for French defenders. Now he's working with a higher class of player and invaraibly that means a higher class of ego. Curbs was a better manager of the likes of Kiely, Kinsella, Robinson, Stuart, Mendonca, guys who worked their cajones off because they knew they had to in order to survive in the EPL. When players like Murphy came along with their big club/big player attitudes he wasn't able to get anywhere near as much out of them or relate to them and they soon moved on. That doesn't mean that Curbs can't adjust and maybe he will do, but it's a steep learning curve for him and the higher up the fewer excuses there'll be. Having no money won't be an excuse he can chuck around or fall back for long - if Lucas Neill can draw down £60K a week and if they can bid a reputed £18M for Bent and bring in players like Upson at £9M then that will excuse run out of gas very fast - the Charlton fans understood his constraints, so did the media, so neither got on his back. West Ham fans are another matter - what he did at and for Charlton is ancient and irrelevant history as far as they are concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spot on Black Forest, could not agree more.
  • Options
    The fact Darren Bent said he didn't want to go to Westham (and Curbs) tells its own story doesn't it?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]The fact Darren Bent said he didn't want to go to Westham (and Curbs) tells its own story doesn't it?[/quote]

Yep, but I think the connection with Curbs here is co-incidental. Darren Bent and his agents know his real worth, it certainly would have been easy to have engineered a lucrative deal going to West Ham, and therefore he'd be linking up again with Curbs who made a star out of him having taken the risk of signing him from Ipswich. I reckon we'll be selling him to one of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal or Man U, not another team that will be like Charlton - where mid-division anonymity is all that can be hoped for.
  • Options
    Omiston, I haven't got time to respond to all you post this minute, but i'll repond to this bit:

"Worse than that were the pile of shite rumors some of your lot started spreading about Pardew's private life to try and justify the disgraceful sacking and why he had "lost" the players."

Clearly shows you don't know what your talking about.
    Numerous forums have had to pull posts on this subject as there is a court injunction on the matter stopping any press giving details.

I'll respond to the rest later when i have time.
  • Options
    agreed mortain. ormiston is wrong there, In fact the court injunction hearing was posted on here about an unnamed sports figure.

but tho i do recall reading KUMB and hearing a few pardew out shouts but not many
  • Options
    to be fair tho curb it, that KUMB has about a million posters on it, so i dont think its relevant!

I am a member! so a million and one!
  • Options
    quote]

Double standards? Please do not bring your broadsheet/management consultancy jargon into our world.[/quote]

Double Standards is hardly management consultancy jargon - Dichotomy or if you want to be really flash cognitive dissonance is management speak. See I can talk like that if I need to but when conversing with the likes of you I have to dumb it down a bit, like, know whatta mean :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Are you talking outside the box now?

We're simple working class folk, just let's keep it that way. Innit.
  • Options
    I don't use "thinking outside the box" althugh I once said "we need to think outside the triangle" as a joke. A senior manager corrected me and said "I think you mean 'box', don't you". I smiled and just thought about how much he was paying me to be there.

I agree with what you say about you being simple although I would say you had "a learning disability" if I was at work.
  • Options
    Henry you speak to my Dad like that in a meeting he'll roll his eyes & tell ya to F*** orf!