Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Books for World Book Day

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]
    [cite]

Yes, the density of Foucault's Pendulum is the obstacle I need to get over.[/cite]
    [cite]

KY should do the trick[/cite]

matron! :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]The book that you would take with you to a desert island - Wisden (any year)

Great choice. Would keep you occupied for ages. I'd pick 2005.
  • Options
    I haven't read any King for a while but he's a decent writer, tight plots good settings and characters. You only have to think of all the decent films that have been made from his books - Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, Stand by Me, The Shining, Misery...

It's generally a safe bet that anyone who sells lots of novels at airports is dobbins but it doesn't hold true for King.
  • Options
    The book that inspired you - The Grapes of Wrath, or the The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists.

The book that you loved as a child - Lord of the Rings

The book that you would take with you to a desert island - First 49 stories - a collection of short stories by Ernest Hemingway.

The book that you've never got round to reading that you think you should - Moby Dick, I've got a copy and it's sat on my bookshelf for years.