Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player Marks Notts County 1-0 Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Elliot 6
    Francis 6
    Doc 6
    Dailley 7
    Jenkinson 7
    Semedo 6
    Racon 6
    Jackson 4.5
    Eccleston 6
    BRPhillips 4.5
    Anyinsah 7.5

Waggy 6.5
    Reid 5

On TV
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]So typical of our fans. We bossed the game and they scored a fluke goal. Bwp was shocking today,not just his pen but his touch was shocking

agreed - which iswhy i gave him a3 andfeel justified in doing so -if you didn't know he was a top scorer in this division and took todaysgame in isolation histouch, body language, effort and that penalty deserved a 3 in my opinion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyFred[/cite]What's the point in this ratings thread if people are going to give players such low marks. I mean 4.5 for Ecclestone? He didn't have his best game but it's not like he scored an own goal or got sent off or something. Those marks will just ruin the averages for the season.
    Never mind 4.5 - some muppet above gave him a 3 for f***s sake. I know that has been done to death, but we really have got some f***ing mugs that call themselves 'supporters'. TBH I'm getting so sick of all of it I might just chuck it in completely next year. Before anyone chimes in, it's nothing to do with us being in a pub league - the whole experience just isn't enjoyable any more for me. Most of the people I've been going with for 20-odd years have drifted away in the last five or six seasons. The last two years have been f***ing horrible - not so much because the team is crap (though that obviously doesn't help!) but because the ratio of complete f***wits that go to see us has gone up so markedly in such a short space of time. It just isn't fun any more - I can count the number of times I've had an enjoyable matchday experience in the past five years on the fingers of two hands.

don't want to add fuel to your obvious rage but if you've been going 20 years, the first 15 were as good as it gets - we're back to wherewe were 30 years ago now unfortunately - possibly worse, therefore things aren't likely to be all positive. Just stick with it, it will turn again eventually.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I have not marked from TV before, because you miss so much of what players do off the ball. But there seems to be a wilful attempt to undermine and belittle the statbank, and mindful of LL's plea elsewhere for as many fans as possible to continue submitting marks and to keep the faith, I'm doing so as an act of solidarity and support for all his hard work:

Elliot 6
    Francis 5
    Doherty 5
    Dailly 5
    Jenkinson 7
    Jackson 5
    Semedo 6
    Racon 4.5
    Eccleston 5
    Wright Phillips 4
    Anyinshah 7
    Wagstaff 6

Pitch : 0
  • Options
    Elliot 6
    Francis 6
    Dailly 6.5
    Doherty 5
    Jenkinson 6.5
    Jackson 5
    Semedo 7
    Racon 6.5
    Eccleston 6
    Anyinsah 6.5
    Wright Phillips 5
    Wagstaff 7
    N/a Reid 4
  • Options
    cheers IA.

From tv

Elliot - 5
    Francis - 5.5
    Dailly - 6.5
    Doherty - 6
    Jenkinson - 6.5
    Jackson - 6
    Semedo - 6
    Racon - 5.5
    Eccleston - 6
    Anyinsah - 7
    Wright Phillips - 4
    Wagstaff - 6
  • Options
    On the box. Out last night, Sky + and avoided the score, watched as 'live' this morning. Quite an odd experience

Elliot - 6
    Francis - 6
    Dailly - 6
    Doherty - 5.5
    Jenkinson - 6.5
    Jackson - 5.5
    Semedo - 6
    Racon - 5.5
    Eccleston - 6
    Anyinsah - 7 (mom)
    Wright Phillips - 4.5
    Wagstaff - 5.5
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]Watched on Tv

Elliot- 6
    Francis-5
    Dailly-6
    Doherty-4
    Jenkinson-7
    Jackson-6
    Semedo-6
    Racon-5
    Eccleston-2
    Anyinsah-7
    Wright Phillips-3
    Wagstaff-5
    N/a Reid-2

I take it you dont like Eccleston then? This is the reason its not worth marking these anymore.
  • Options
    Goals win Games & Eccleston had at least two great chances where he showed no composure whatsoever!
    If that would have been someone like Varney, Mooney or McLeod they would have been slated for not finishing that one on one chance. Plus he doesn't track back enough & leaves far too much space for the full back.
    Maybe a 2 was a bit too harsh but his misses were one of the main reasons we lost that match!
  • Options
    One chance he snatched at,the other the keeper was out well. How can u give him less than bwp?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe this thread should only be put up the next day after a game so that everyone gets a chance to sleep on it, especially when we lose!
  • Options
    Thought Bradley Wright Phillips showed a better workrate & he and Anyinsah showed excellent touches to set Eccleston up for his one on one. Although, obviously it was a shocking penalty!
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Francis - 7
    Dailly - 6.5
    Doherty - 6.5
    Jenkinson - 6.5
    Jackson - 5
    Semedo - 6
    Racon - 5
    Eccleston - 6
    Anyinsah - 7
    Wright-Phillips - 5
    Wagstaff - 6
  • Options
    TV

Elliot 8 made a few v good stops and handling looked solid overall on a v difficult pitch. No chance with flukey goal.
    Francis 7 good to have him back
    Dailly 6 would have liked to see more leadership
    Doherty 6 made a few good clearances
    Jenkinson 6 competent, apart from the howler of a back pass - he'll learn from that
    Jackson 7 missed him second half - both for a grip on the midfield and the pen
    Semedo 6 think he was the one who lost Bishop for the goal?
    Racon 6 thought the TV criticism of him for giving away the free kick was a bit harsh - he was just trying to get the ball back...
    Eccleston 6 v lively first half, but disappeared second
    Anyinsah 7 strong - and took a couple of clatters for the team
    Wright Phillips 5 terrible miss first half and terrible pen - just not his night
    Wagstaff 6 a couple of good direct runs
  • Options
    Live on TV at 5.30 am

Elliot 5 Too many soft goals going past him, time for a rest
    Francis 5 OK
    Doherty 5 OK
    Dailly 5 Steady
    Jenkinson 7.5 One dodgy backpass, excellent otherwise
    Jackson 5 Needs to get more involved
    Semedo 6 Limited but did OK
    Racon 4.5 Never delivers, lost patience with him
    Eccleston 6 Lively first half
    Wright Phillips 4 Very casual pen, didn't like his attitude
    Anyinshah 6.5 Good first half, very quiet second
    Wagstaff 7.5 Proper footballer, needs to be starting preferably in the centre behind the strikers
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Elliot 6
    Francis 6
    Dailly 6
    Doherty 6
    Jenkinson 6.5
    Jackson 5
    Semedo 6.5
    Racon 6
    Eccleston 6
    Anyinsah 7 MOM
    Wright Phillips 6
    Wagstaff 5
    N/a Reid 5

TV
  • Options
    Elliot 6
    Francis 6
    Dailly 6
    Doherty 4.5
    Jenkinson 6.5
    Jackson 5.5
    Semedo 6
    Racon 6
    Eccleston 6.5
    Anyinsah 7
    Wright Phillips 4.5
    Wagstaff 6.5

TV
  • Options
    Cheers BexleyDan (quote 34, previous page). It's actually 30-odd years I've been going - the 20-odd years was with the same blokes I grew up with. I fully remember the shit years! I suppose I'll calm down a bit in a few weeks :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Maybe this thread should only be put up the next day after a game so that everyone gets a chance to sleep on it, especially when we lose!

I agree completely, I'd suggest a wait of at least 24 hours after the full-time whistle has been blown. Some of the early marks given are ridiculous and it's plain to see that the marks awarded get more reasonable and less reactionary as the thread progresses.

Elliot 6
    Francis 5
    Dailly 6
    Doherty 6
    Jenkinson 7
    Jackson 5
    Semedo 5
    Racon 6
    Eccleston 6
    Anyinsah 7
    Wright Phillips 5

Wagstaff 5
    N/a Reid 5
  • Options
    Watched in a pub so not going to rate.

Thought BWP looked poor, kept on shooting which iswelcome but not when there were better options available to him.

Elliot made a few fumbles. Semedo didn't seem his usual self and Racon looked a little better than him imo.

Thought Ayinsah was good, made a few runs which he hasn't done in a few months
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the Match

Elliot - 7 A few good saves
    Francis - 7 Good return
    Dailly - 6
    Doherty - 5 Not living up to expectations
    Jenkinson - 7 Despite playing out of position
    Jackson - 5 - Shame he wasn't on pitch and fit enough to take the penalty
    Semedo - 5 fought for scraps
    Racon - 5 Pitch totally ruined his game
    Eccleston - 5 Missed a couple of chances , don't like him on the wing , bring back Waggy!
    Anyinsah - 7 1st half a beast , good to have him back
    Wright Phillips - 6 gutted he missed the pen
    Wagstaff - 6 Not enough gametime to make a difference
    N/a Reid - 4
  • Options
    I understand the frustrations of some Lifers at some of the marks but ask you all to keep marking and the averages will show the true feeling of the majority of us.

I also agree with the idea to put this thread up the morning after the game. I have been putting the list up as soon as the game is over and have noticed that the more extreme scores go up early, which is understandable. So I shall in future start this thread the morning after the match.

I ask all regular Lifers who give marks to continue and help the stats through this period of discussion.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Elliot 5
    Francis 5.5
    Dailly 5
    Doherty 5
    Jenkinson 7
    Jackson 5
    Semedo 6
    Racon 6
    Eccleston 4
    Anyinsah 6.5
    Wright Phillips 4
    Wagstaff 4.5
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]Some of the early marks given are ridiculous and it's plain to see that the marks awarded get more reasonable and less reactionary as the thread progresses.

I have to agree with this.

I've often made the point that some posters mark players emotionally rather on the players actual performance on the day.

Those that mark players 2 out of 10 for example, give the impression they don't much understand the team ethic of the game and that each player is playing to his manager's instructions.

These type of ridiculously low and ill-thought out marks completely devalue the statbank.
    It's a pity that we don't have a structured points value system.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]I understand the frustrations of some Lifers at some of the marks but ask you all to keep marking and the averages will show the true feeling of the majority of us.

I also agree with the idea to put this thread up the morning after the game. I have been putting the list up as soon as the game is over and have noticed that the more extreme scores go up early, which is understandable. So I shall in future start this thread the morning after the match.

I ask all regular Lifers who give marks to continue and help the stats through this period of discussion.

With respect I think it would be wrong to delay it until the next day.
    Though some of the marks may be a bit extreme, it will be averaged out.
    The ongoing prejudice will still happen, whether or not the marking is done next day.
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Francis - 5
    Dailly - 6
    Doherty - 5
    Jenkinson - 6
    Jackson - 6
    Semedo - 6
    Racon - 6
    Eccleston - 6
    Anyinsah- 7
    Wright Phillips - 6
    Wagstaff - 5
  • Options
    At the game:

Elliot - 6 ok
    Francis - 6.5 not a lot wrong.
    Dailly - 6 ok
    Doherty - 4 poor
    Jenkinson - 7.5 impressed out of position, looked solid and got forward well. MOM
    Jackson - 6
    Semedo - 6.5
    Racon - 6
    Eccleston - 6 good first half, should have scored though.
    Anyinsah- 7.5 was a threat, especially in the first half. Needs a goal
    Wright Phillips - 6 thought his overall play was good but awful pen.
    Wagstaff - 5
  • Options
    Elliot 4.5
    Francis 6
    Dailly 6
    Doherty 4
    Jenkinson 6.5
    Jackson 6
    Semedo 6
    Racon 6
    Eccleston 6
    Anyinsah 6
    Wright Phillips 5.5
    Wagstaff 6
  • Options
    Elliot 3 - Elliot 8...........................wtf?...!

I have posted this before. How can we have such a variation in player markings like this? Some people clearly do not even watch the game or know anything whatsoever about football. The player markings used to be generally informative, but recently it has become a waste of time.
  • Options
    Elliot 6
    Francis 6
    Dailly 6
    Doherty 5
    Jenkinson 7
    Jackson 6
    Semedo 6
    Racon 6
    Eccleston 6
    Anyinsah 7
    Wright Phillips 5