Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Notts County v Charlton - Match Thread

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Thought it was Semedo who was supposed to be marking Bishop?
  • Options
    Getting frustrated with them now. It's no different than it was under Parkinson.

Notts County are crap. You won't see worse teams in this league, and you could tell from the first minute we weren't going to win.
    We just have "loser" ingrained in the side. It was obvious the penalty would be missed.

Set pieces - we can't take them or defend them, and that's basics on the training pitch.

Decent display but we just haven't got it.
  • Options
    Commiserations to all who travelled up for that. Didn't really cash in on the midweeks did we? Not going up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Wrong again. Simon Francis lost him.

Probably the way a manager should be about such problems but without seeing it again, don't you think that that view might possibly be a harsh assessment?
  • Options
    The Exeter match stabbed me in the heart, today was just damn right unlucky. They created nothing second half, I feel that we are in transition. Poor pitch, poor result, I am not expecting anything from this season now. Roll on Tuesday and hopefully a win.
  • Options
    The common thread on this site for 3 months has been the need for a mobile centre back and a creative midfielder.

Dozens of Lifers can see it. Lets hope Powell has seen it and will now act!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Wrong again. Simon Francis lost him.

Probably the way a manager should be about such problems but without seeing it again, don't you think that that view might possibly be a harsh assessment?

No idea what you are talking about.

Francis was marking the bloke, the bloke moved 3 yards away from him, Francis didn't move, goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thecrazyaddick[/cite]Thought it was Semedo who was supposed to be marking Bishop?

Looked like it from the replay but Semedo can do no wrong so we'll blame Francis instead.
  • Options
    This is not going to be a popular view, but I'm going to say it anyway. As far as I'm concerned our new owners made a BIG mistake when they sacked Parky. It was such an easy decision to make, and was purely a reaction to crowd pressure at the Brighton game. They thought it would make them popular with the supporters. However, I would have hugely more confidence in us going up this year with Parky still in charge.

I love Chris Powell and I hope he goes on to be a great success. I just firmly believe that it was the wrong decision at the wrong time.
  • Options
    The guy who scored started in between Doherty and Semedo, with Semedo keeping a close eye on him. How that can be Francis' responsibility, I don't know?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disagree with you there Clem. Having just seen it again, their player was behind Francis being marked by Semedo who should have run with him if he was his man. Or made the call to Francis.
  • Options
    shite penalty end of.disappointed with the impact of the substitutions, they need to grasp the opportunities they are given.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!