Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Irish Addicks??

Comments

• Options
    I still have a few of the Charlton Irish badges left, but all packed away at the moment as I rearrange bits of the house. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Live in USA but parents both Irishhailing  from Dublin. Mom was from Cabra and Dad from Swords....grew up in SE7 and SE3 until aged 24 moved to US. Was on a footie tour back in 2003 in Dublin with my American footie team and bumped into a Charlton fan from Swords who used to fly into City of London Airport for games. I don't know if he is on this thread
    I know a Brian that lives in Swords and flys over for games.
    And his brother Pod, although not as regularly as Brian.  First met them many years ago at our pre-season trip to Ireland.  We played UCD and I had travelled over on my own to see the game before heading to Tipp to see my mum and then up to Belfast to see da's family. Got chatting to the lads at that match as they took pity on me being on me own. 

Got my one and only speeding ticket on the way back from Belfast to Dublin airport to drop the hire car off and meet a few mates for the remaining games of the tour. Came round a bend in the road and the Gardai were all lined up pulling people over.  In those days, that road went from single lane, to dual carriageway to motorway and then back again and everyone sped along at the motorway limit.

Guard:  Now then Patrick (reading my middle name off my driving licence and ignoring my first name).  Do you realise that you were doing 45 in a tirty zone?

Me: (thinking: geez, Guard, if you'd stopped me a minute ago I was doing 90!)  :blush:

• Options
    Is this the moment to mention that, although I hail from darkest Tyrone, my mother was from Fermoy?

Mind you, historically speaking, Tyrone-Cork alliances have not always been showered with success, he said, trying to avoid mention of Kinsale...
    Nowt wrong with an Ulster/Munster mix up (says the Cavan gal in Baltimore 😘😘)
    Which bit of Cavan are you from @KBslittlesis? One side of my Mum's family are from there, although I get a bit confused with who's where exactly.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    I still have a few of the Charlton Irish badges left, but all packed away at the moment as I rearrange bits of the house. 

Name your price! Thing of beauty. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    aliwibble said:
    Is this the moment to mention that, although I hail from darkest Tyrone, my mother was from Fermoy?

Mind you, historically speaking, Tyrone-Cork alliances have not always been showered with success, he said, trying to avoid mention of Kinsale...
    Which bit of Cavan are you from @KBslittlesis? One side of my Mum's family are from there, although I get a bit confused with who's where exactly.
    When it comes to Cavaaan, some things are best left not known
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Mum from Bailieboro, Dad from Virginia near Ballyjamesduff.

Yet it was my Mum’s Mum who got me into the goat thang 😛
  • Options
    siblers said:
    aliwibble said:

When it comes to Cavaaan, some things are best left not known
    I can peel an orange in my pocket 😘😘
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Name your price! Thing of beauty. 
    Drop me a message with your address. I’ll send one across.
  • Options
    Im half irish, most of my family hail from Cloyne in Co.Cork. Have very fond memories of summers in Ireland playing with my cousins. 

My uncle is a season ticket holder with Cobh Ramblers in the LOI, seen them a good few times when Ive been over too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Im half irish, most of my family hail from Cloyne in Co.Cork. Have very fond memories of summers in Ireland playing with my cousins. 

My uncle is a season ticket holder with Cobh Ramblers in the LOI, seen them a good few times when Ive been over too. 
    They’ve just teamed up with Burnley too, let’s hope that serves them well 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    edited May 2021

@guinnessaddick is that real?  AAjr would love one of those, what with having just got his Irish passport.
    Yeah, I designed it about 20 years ago, @TelMc32 had a batch made a few years back, not sure if he has any left.
    @TelMc32 can you put one aside for me, please, when you find them?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    @AddicksAddict @No.1 in South London @CraicAddick badges went out today lads. 
    @TelMc32 You're a star.  Thanks very much.  If you won't take any payment, tell me what they cost and postage and I'll make a charity donation.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    @AddicksAddict @No.1 in South London @CraicAddick badges went out today lads. 
    @TelMc32 You're a star.  Thanks very much.  If you won't take any payment, tell me what they cost and postage and I'll make a charity donation.
    @TelMc32 And arrived today! Ditto the above. Let us know. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Glad it arrived @CraicAddick :)

If you and any of the others who have just had badges want to donate something, happy for you to give a little to the Trust.  I was looking to see whether the Upbeats fundraiser was still open, but it seems to be the 2020 one on the site. Just say you're Charlton Irish!   ;)

https://cact.gives/donate

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

If you and any of the others who have just had badges want to donate something, happy for you to give a little to the Trust.  I was looking to see whether the Upbeats fundraiser was still open, but it seems to be the 2020 one on the site. Just say you're Charlton Irish!   ;)

Done! and a beer if we ever get to meet up!!
    Thanks a million.
  • Options
    @TelMc32
    Arrived, thanks.  It's excellent.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

If any more of these are available id be more than happy to make a donation if I could get one. Go raibh maith agut
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Donation done! Thanks again. Charlton Abú!
  • Options
    Addicks Abú would make a cracking flag 😍💚🇮🇪
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Donation made.
  • Options
    Further to my earlier posts here is a few pictures of some of the framed shirts we have.
    Squad signed ( 14 players ) Ireland international shirt , long sleeved Adidas. The frame measures , Height 32in width 36in.
    Got to do a bit of research on it , what year do we think this is ? 
  • Options
    2. Another squad signed Ireland shirt

• Options
    3. Signed by Charlton captain Mark Kinsella

• Options
    Further to my earlier posts here is a few pictures of some of the framed shirts we have.
    Squad signed ( 14 players ) Ireland international shirt , long sleeved Adidas. The frame measures , Height 32in width 36in.
    Got to do a bit of research on it , what year do we think this is ? 
    1992 I would say.
  • Options
    A framed away shirt , match worn

• Options
    We also have an Irish rugby shirt , signed by the squad.

Any idea what year this would be from ?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    We also have an Irish rugby shirt , signed by the squad.

Any idea what year this would be from ?
    Gatland and Lenihan were in charge around 1998-2001
    O'Gara and Sheahan made their full international debut early 2000
    Paddy Johns played his last game in November 2000

probably the year 2000