Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Parker

124»

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

cafc-west said:

Only just seen this. Sorry if posted before. http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/scott-parker-returns-300617/. Wonder what sort of coach he'll make...

Of all the recent retired "top" players, I would expect Parker to be one of the best coaches/managers, I think he's got the knowledge and discipline to do really well.
    We'll see. Not an articulate man and as such it's always hard to know how well a person will be able to communicate with players.

Good luck to him nonetheless
    He reminds me of Curbishley. Not someone in love with his own voice, but someone who (I imagine) is respected and listened to when he does speak
  • Options
    Good for him and Gerrard to start at Youth team level and work their way up.

He's still a cnut though.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

wmcf123 said:

cafc-west said:

Only just seen this. Sorry if posted before. http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/scott-parker-returns-300617/. Wonder what sort of coach he'll make...

Of all the recent retired "top" players, I would expect Parker to be one of the best coaches/managers, I think he's got the knowledge and discipline to do really well.
    We'll see. Not an articulate man and as such it's always hard to know how well a person will be able to communicate with players.

Mind you, I thought Lee Bowyer was an inarticulate gobshite but in interviews he comes across well and he seems to doing just fine as a coach. I just hope Parker has learned from his own experiences and doesn't produce young players who will act like whiny bitches when they don't get their own way.
    Or are lied to by their chairman.
  • Options

It was obviously Kish’s turn to wear the sponsored kit that week.

Yes, that's weird, what happened to the sponsor on Parker's shirt?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A fantastic player, who gave a lot to Charlton. I have no bad feelings towards him. Do well, maybe come back and manage us to the Prem.
  • Options
    I remember that massive match v. Arsenal when DiCanio scored the chip penalty. We were 2nd to Arsenal in the League, (and hadn't both teams won their last 5 games?), and Parker dominated the game completely. It took a moment of magic from Thierry Henry to conjure up a draw for the Gunners. I was sitting next to my Arsenal mate in the JS Stand, and got some funny looks for leaping to my feet when DiCanio scored (and not leaping to my feet when Henry scored).
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    JamesSeed said:

I remember that massive match v. Arsenal when DiCanio scored the chip penalty. We were 2nd to Arsenal in the League, (and hadn't both teams won their last 5 games?), and Parker dominated the game completely. It took a moment of magic from Thierry Henry to conjure up a draw for the Gunners. I was sitting next to my Arsenal mate in the JS my stand, and got some funny looks for leaping to my feet when DiCanio scored (and not leaping to my feet when Henry scored).

• Options
    edited January 2018

wmcf123 said:

cafc-west said:

He reminds me of Curbishley. Not someone in love with his own voice, but someone who (I imagine) is respected and listened to when he does speak
    Reminds me of Curbishley?Do me a favour. Did Curbishley whore himself when he had a team flying?
    As for respect? The blokes a greedy c***
    That greedy tosser and Curbishley should never be spoken about in the same sentence unless it refers to good and bad.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Looks like they are partners in a three legged race.
    Wonder if that salute Parker is doing is what convinced Di Canio to sign.
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

cafc-west said:

Reminds me of Curbishley?Do me a favour. Did Curbishley whore himself when he had a team flying?
    As for respect? The blokes a greedy c***
    That greedy tosser and Curbishley should never be spoken about in the same sentence unless it refers to good and bad.
    Whore himself???

He moved to another club, a bigger club, for more money. You make it sound as if he's the only player who ever left (or joined) us.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I have tried my damndnest to forgive him but try as I may I just can’t.
    Got his dream maybe but shattered ours. He was like having 12 players on the pitch, such was his form at the time, from that moment on we went downhill all the way.......just as I knew we would!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were flying high and he went for the money ! Imagine if he stayed and we finished top 5 or dare I say top 4. He sat on the bench at Chelski getting splinters. Never talks good about us either. I put him and Paul Walsh in the same bracket both c**ts.
  • Options
    The old boys network comment still stands, even though someone felt the need to remove it from this thread but left virtually identical comments on the Phil Neville thread.

Tut tut.
  • Options
    16 goals conceded in opening 6 games this season. Can’t see him lasting much longer. 
  • Options
    Could be the first managerial casualty this season. 
  • Options
    He looks close to tears every time I see him... shame ;)
  • Options
    He is proving himself to be a good manager and it would be an error for Fulham to sack him IMO. I still don't forgive him, but that can't change what I think.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Watching Brentford vs Fulham.  Mrs cafcfan has just expressed her disappointment that the virtual crowd aren't singing the "Sacked in the morning" song.  
    Mrs cafcfan deserves a promote for that
  • Options
    Don't give a toss what he won. He means nothing to me since he left the club. Don't love him or hate him. Same goes for Shelvey. I follow Charlton, not our formers employees
    Technically they're contractors...