Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt holland as number 2

2»

Comments

• Options
    With the above
  • Options
    The important thing is that the number 2 is somebody CP is comfortable with.

I'm heartened by KP overseeing things.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I'm heartened by KP overseeing things.

Agree, Len.

Peacock's a wise old head, got the experience as his own manager - and with Curbs in the Prem.
    And already knows Powelly inside out.
  • Options
    Im not sure about this all Ipswich talk with Matty, I did think this but on talk sport Matt himself stoped a calling and said people think of him as Ipswich but he spent the same amount of time with us and has a real effection for us.

Also on twitter he does talk about as Ipswich and Bouremouth equally.
  • Options
    Always liked him as a bloke and until pretty much the relegation season, was one of our best and most consistent performers on the pitch. Then lost his legs/was played at centre back but at the very least would always give 110%.

Always struck me as a manager's operative on the pitch, sort of like a Hall Monitor at school, making sure his team-mates followed the ideas and direction from the boss. Personally think we need someone like that now, because Semedo doesn't do it to the same degree and Dailly is too far back to do it effectively. Suppose that may be where the link to Plymouth's Fletcher came from if true, as evidenced yesterday, he does a similar job.

Can see why people would think he'll be a coach but he strikes me as enjoying his role on the Beeb for the time being.
  • Options
    Quote from the Bournemouth Echo in interview with Matt Holland

“At the start of this season, I thought I would still be playing but that didn’t happen for one reason or another. I am also halfway through one of my coaching badges but that has had to take a back seat because of the media work."

He seems to be a very busy man.

Presents the League Football show in East Anglia and works for RTE and ESPN
  • Options
    From what Murray said on Thursday night @ the supporter's meeting, Powell wants someone with experience, so I doubt Matty would fit that bill tbh
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Crusty54[/cite]Quote from the Bournemouth Echo in interview with Matt Holland

“At the start of this season, I thought I would still be playing but that didn’t happen for one reason or another. I am also halfway through one of my coaching badges but that has had to take a back seat because of the media work."

He seems to be a very busy man.

Presents the League Football show in East Anglia and works for RTE and ESPN
    And he's a columnist for the Football League Paper.
  • Options
    I wouldnt agree with this appointment, he has not done any coaching, although, there is a first time for everything of course Chris powell being our manager but I didnt like him as a Charlton player and dont really think he could add anything in terms of experience. He has written about it on twitter.
  • Options
    matt holland has said he wouldn't rule out going into management/coaching but he enjoys the media side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But did u know Matt is colour blind and can't tell the difference between red,brown and green
  • Options
    Wouldn't like to risk having an inexperienced manager and coach. KP has to stay involved, his influence since Parky left has been huge. We now look like a well organised team who are looking to pass and play football in the proper way.
  • Options
    Seems unlike most on here I liked Matty and he was a great servant to the Club. I believe you will find he played as many games for us as Ipswich, maybe more. If that is who CP wants then fine but I'd prefer he appointed someone with more experience, Mervyn Day for example
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    This is what Matt Holland has put on twitter:
    mattholland8 Just watched football league show. Nothing to report on the rumour of becoming Chris Powells No2!!
  • Options
    Doesnt rule himself out!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Seems unlike most on here I liked Matty and he was a great servant to the Club. I believe you will find he played as many games for us as Ipswich, maybe more. If that is who CP wants then fine but I'd prefer he appointed someone with more experience, Mervyn Day for example

Mervyn wont go anywhere without Curbs large, joined at the hip mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Seems unlike most on here I liked Matty and he was a great servant to the Club. I believe you will find he played as many games for us as Ipswich, maybe more. If that is who CP wants then fine but I'd prefer he appointed someone with more experience, Mervyn Day for example

well he's working for Leeds and I don't see Curbs there.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]But did u know Matt is colour blind and can't tell the difference between red,brown and green

Lucky he didn't have a career in snooker or reggae then.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

day's at leeds mate... curbs nowhere to be seen
  • Options
    On motd for arsenal vs ipswich now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He denied it on local BBC last night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]

day's at leeds mate... curbs nowhere to be seen

Fair point Ledge & Large, I never knew that however I have just looked and he is scouting for them so hardly the big time, I still think we can do a lot better than having him back as an assistant/number two to CP.
  • Options
    Surely you'd want balance with such an inexperienced manager? Somebody that can help him out with the questions around how things work in practice and that has seen and done it before. Yes there's a club connection but Holland's heart (and house) lie much closer to Ipswich.
  • Options
    From Twitter - He's already assistant manager for a far better club than us.
    I'm already a No2 - for Lexden Saints u12's!! Compensation would be massive!! Haha
  • Options
    he was at the Spurs game - could have been working i suppose. I think its key that Keith Peacock remains in some capacity for his nouse.
  • Options
    'My big concern would be about the lack of bite'...

Not that i'm a fan , but what about that bloke out of twilight?