Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

no press conference called yet?

2»

Comments

• Options
    If there's a loadsamoney deal people will be moaning we've lost our soul blah blah blah
    If its a skint(ish) consortium they'll only be in it for a quick fix to try and make a killing and run
    Let's face it no one can be sane trying to takeover a footy club

Considering how we knew murray was trying to sell and how well the secrecy has been kept on who might be buying us , I personally don't know why they bothered announcing that something was close to happening and should be concluded by the 24th , when just an announcement when its done would have cut out all the speculation and guessing , why announce before concluded , maybe they didn't things would be this water tight ......
    Anyway not long now
  • Options
    We don't actually know its a given that the takeover will be announced today.
  • Options
    Good point oohaah. Get the knife out in case they do announce the takeover too.

They probably gave the info on the deal being concluded and agreed because if the takeover suddenly happened people would be moaning about it all being a shock and not given enough time for the fans to get used to the idea (or some such).

;-)
  • Options
    I`m so excited and optomistic.
    All the doom and gloom merchant`s need to replace the half empty glass with a half full one.
    Wether wisey is involved or not, there is load`s of money or not, varney would only work for
    the best interest of charlton.
    Whatever happens has to be an improvement on the 20m plus dept we have at present.
  • Options
    Matt Slater is definite that Denis Wise is involved

Twitter
  • Options
    Other than disliking Wise as a person my concern with him is that he would want a Footballing role at the club.

If he was good enough, he would have been offered a job as a manager etc by now.

My feeling is that he's sucked up to some investors cos he can't get the role he wants.
  • Options
    Yep, SE10, he doesn't have the money himself to buy the club, so (if Slater is right) he's trying to get in through the back door.

I can't see what value Dennis Wise offers to Charlton if he's installed in any footballing role (official or otherwise).
  • Options
    Well last year when Wise tried to buy us, the money was from a middle eastern group. Can see it being something like that this time.

Not sure where Wise would fit it, I've never liked the idea of making a manager work with a Director of Football if he doesn't want one.

Manager? Some have said at times anyone would be better or at least do no worse than Parky. Does that apply to Wise?

Could just be new chief scout or "head of player recruitment" or something.

Or maybe he's not involved at all.
  • Options
    if wise is involved then the money is middle eastern and tony jimez will also be involved.

i aint got any issues with Dennis Wise if he brings that sort of investment i would even let him in my taxi
  • Options
    I imagine Wise would be a director of Football which never ends well!

If he is involved though he's hardly here to run the club into the ground so we'll see what he can bring.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SLP reported Varney as saying deal may go to the wire as "complex" - "....doing everything we possibly can...."

Have a feeling that we will not hear till next week.