Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

no press conference called yet?

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
%~{

Comments

• Options
    Our favourite Dan Roan has tweeted that it will be Friday!

and who will arrange the press conference - perhaps the new owners.
  • Options
    Surely a press conference will only be called once everything is finalised. It might not complete til late tomorrow night. I'm guessing there'll be a short article on the website tomorrow, with more details after Christmas, including press conference.
  • Options
    Presumably the obligatory photo of Jiminez and Wise on the sacred turf of SE7 holding up a Charlton shirt has already been taken and is just waiting to be rolled out at 11.59pm tomorrow night?
  • Options
    I expect a press release tomorrow if that and any press conference or in depth stuff to be done after the Christmas period. There does not have to be a press conference for a takeover
  • Options
    Dan Roan doesn't say anything, but Matt Slater says he assumes it'll be tomorrow. No wiser than us, by the looks of it.

I don't expect to learn much in the next week.
  • Options
    There's gonna be a mass wrist-slashing session on here if it doesn't get announced tomorrow. Think I'll steer well clear.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]There's gonna be a mass wrist-slashing session on here if it doesn't get announced tomorrow. Think I'll steer well clear.

Yep, I reckon you're right there.

I'm travelling all day, not sure if I'll even be able to get online. At least I'll miss the wrist-slashing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]There's gonna be a mass wrist-slashing session on here if it doesn't get announced tomorrow. Think I'll steer well clear.

I'm travelling all day, not sure if I'll even be able to get online. At least I'll miss the wrist-slashing.

I'm in all day tomorrow.....i'll get the steak knife ready.
  • Options
    I don't see why. More likely to be wrist-slashing if it is announced tomorrow and it is confirmed that, as most seem increasingly to believe , Jiminez and possibly Wise,too, are involved ?
  • Options
    I'll start off by saying that I still don't think Wise is involved.

However, if he is then people are going to have to suck it up. It seems to me that opinions are being formed on the back of the Newcastle situation. If that is the case, I'd worry more if Mike Ashley were coming.

Lets not beat around the bush, Varney is a Charlton man and if the deal involves Wise and he thinks it is still a good deal for Charlton then that is ok with me.

All the people who are getting worked up about Wise - what are you going to do? Boycott? Mass protests? This takeover is likely to be the difference between us under going another drastic restructuring in the summer or being financially stable for the first time in a few years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the deal doesn't complete tomorrow for some reason then I sincerely hope that a short statement is made to settle the nerves. Unless it's all off of course .
  • Options
    There will be wrist slashing even if the takeover is announced. More likely to be a fairly short statement than a long article about everyone involved. Will probably just lead to more questions.
  • Options
    There doesn't need to be a press conference, it's all going to be done on the quiet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]There will be wrist slashing even if the takeover is announced. More likely to be a fairly short statement than a long article about everyone involved. Will probably just lead to more questions.

Don't worry if we don't get a decent result on Boxing Day then the wrist slashing and parky out threads will drown any threads on the takeover.

Hoping that the new owners might parade out on the pitch on boxing day
  • Options
    What exactly is the problem the people have with Dennis Wise anyway?
  • Options
    He's a short weasel faced scumbag who has no affiliation to us and lots with our rivals?
  • Options
    if by rivals you mean Millwall then why a problem. In the past we have had many successful associations with managers and players . This recent hating of anything that's not 100% Charlton is very odd. Did you hate Curbs because of West Ham. The greatest Charlton player ever. Sam Bartram guested for Millwall on many occasions.
  • Options
    I doubt there'll be much slashign off wrists on here as I dont think the CL server will hold up tomorrow!!

Its creaking enough as it is.

I think Dennis wise isn't a very lovable character. He seems to wind people up the wrong way. He's got that kind of face.
  • Options
    Takeover to be announced 22.00 (Qatar time).
  • Options
    My concern, is not greatly the weasel faced Millwall man ... but more of what exactly will his role be? Director of football? That doesnt really work out in my opinion! We dont want overly involved people in the set up like Newcastle had, it ended up a mess .... Joe Kinnear as manager! Drop me out!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    snide swine is an anagram of dennis wise
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]I'll start off by saying that I still don't think Wise is involved.

However, if he is then people are going to have to suck it up. It seems to me that opinions are being formed on the back of the Newcastle situation. If that is the case, I'd worry more if Mike Ashley were coming.

Lets not beat around the bush, Varney is a Charlton man and if the deal involves Wise and he thinks it is still a good deal for Charlton then that is ok with me.

All the people who are getting worked up about Wise - what are you going to do? Boycott? Mass protests? This takeover is likely to be the difference between us under going another drastic restructuring in the summer or being financially stable for the first time in a few years.

I'm with you on this Clem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]There's gonna be a mass wrist-slashing session on here if it doesn't get announced tomorrow. Think I'll steer well clear.

I'm in all day tomorrow.....i'll get the steak knife ready.

Bloody Meat Eaters..............

(Sorry, wrong thread).
  • Options
    Wasn't Pardew appointed on a Christmas Eve as well?

That obviously all went really well in the end, so what can possibly go wrong...?
  • Options
    i know there doesn't have to be a press conference but usually if there's something important to announce, then a 24hr notice is given and my point is, they haven't done that?%-{
  • Options
    What no press conference? There will be an announcement one way or another when they are ready.

Meanwhile, I think I'll go to bed. A lot less stressful than waiting and watching for a kettle boil.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    The club will release a statement via the website and inform news agencies rather call a press confrence for a takeover
  • Options
    Still no news.

I'm getting the knife
  • Options
    More likely a photo op and announcement on the pitch on Sunday.