Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Hughton sacked

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2010
    Well at least we got a mention in today's Fiver
    [cite]Posted By: The Fiver[/cite]At least as Ashley no longer frequents the Bigg Market, he is unlikely to listen to the supporters' wildest five-pint fantasies and indulge them as he did with the appointments of Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer. Then again, Pardew who is said to be "strongly interested in the job" heads the betting market. It's probably worth remembering that Pardew took over another Premier League club during December. Six months later Charlton went down.
  • Options
    This could be hilarious, who says the Prem is boring.

Pantomine season is well and truly here. Pardew at Newcastle- brilliant if it happens.
  • Options
    He refused to have Beardsley as assistant as he wanted to pick his own man to replace Calderwood.

Now Beardsley is caretaker manager.
  • Options
    I assume the goalkeeping coach Paul Barron is the same Paul Barron that used to play for Welling?
  • Options
    To be fair the fans are furious and are calling for Ashley's head over this.
  • Options
    Hilarious. Pardew will absolutely rape them.
  • Options
    heard this on the radio and thought it was a windup , still can't believe its true , if they were in West Hams position , i could expect the panic button to have been pressed , crazy decision.
  • Options
    Must be more to this than meets the eye. The geordie fans can't understand it either. Something else will come out in due course I would imagine, surely not just his refusal to accept beardo as assistant? Please let it be pardew, or evn better, dowie. Maybe it is wise and jiminez?
  • Options
    The night Newcastle lost to Arsenal in teh Carling Cup there was a massive rumour about this. This has bee planned for a long time.

This has to be one of the worst sackings and worst appointments in history.
  • Options
    Pardew flying up to Newcastle 'apparantely'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about a Pardew/Dowie management team? that would make my Christmas.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Hilarious. Pardew will absolutely rape them.

Ouch!

[cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Must be more to this than meets the eye. The geordie fans can't understand it either. Something else will come out in due course I would imagine, surely not just his refusal to accept beardo as assistant? Please let it be pardew, or evn better, dowie. Maybe it is wise and jiminez?

No let it be Pardew, think he is more destructive than ugly!
  • Options
    Martin Jol has left Ajax tonight and his odds have crumbled in last few mins. Into 5/4
  • Options
    Dan Roan has played it down so MJ next NUFC manager... locked-on, truer words never spoken, FACT!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]To be fair, the Geordies were looking for trophies this season.

why?

nailed on for Pardew - heard this months ago. He's got one more failure left him and his career is over.
  • Options
    Martin O'Neil, Alan Curbishley and now Martin Jol available and Pardew is their first choice? Batshit mental.
  • Options
    It'll be Jol. Third attempt at trying to get him too. I think he's absolutely mad if he takes it. Poisoned chalice.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]I assume the goalkeeping coach Paul Barron is the same Paul Barron that used to play for Welling?

Spot on.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]It'll be Jol. Third attempt at trying to get him too. I think he's absolutely mad if he takes it. Poisoned chalice.

Jol's to Newcastle - nailed on tabloid headline FACT!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]It'll be Jol. Third attempt at trying to get him too. I think he's absolutely mad if he takes it. Poisoned chalice.

I agree. He lovesh the premier league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, it's the Paul Barron that used to run 'Barron's Nightclub' in Hull and employed 'Kinky John' as a compere.

He had the key for it gold plated and he kept it around his neck you know. Ask Vic & Bob!
  • Options
    Martin Jol has quit as Ajax manager. So he has a clean run at the Geordie job.
  • Options
    Interesting point made on one of the Spurs boards. Paul Kemsley, one of the former Spurs non-exec directors was instrumental in undermining Jol on the board at Spurs and was the main instigator of bringing Juande Ramos in. Who is Paul Kemsley's best mate? Mike Ashley, owner of Newcastle United. Although Kemsley was briefly on the Newcastle board (he's now chairman of the New York Cosmos), he still has very strong links with the Newcastle board so would Jol really trust the best mate of someone who stitched him up previous?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It's their fans I feel sorry for, they give the team fantastic support. NUFC are too big a club not have had any real success for 40 plus years and the appointment of Houghton seemed to herald in a new era of some stability and building from the bottom with younger players rather than spending shed loads of money on cack foreign players and changing the manager more often than their underwear. If it turns out that it's Pardew after all the board will have made the worst footballing decision for a long, long while.......I'm staggered at the boards stupidity and arrogance.
  • Options
    They're a grubby little club, have been run by sleazeballs for years - Freddy Shepherd et al. Ashley's made his fortune dressing chavs, and seems to me to be a fat swaggering two hat with no class, much like his predecessors.

Think it will be Jol, but would love Pards to get it - a match made in heaven.

Dont rate their supporters that much either - cant remember them bringing that many to us when in division 2, and thought Sunderland were much more loyal when they dropped a league.Nothing much funnier than watching them blub when they went down (except the french when London got the Olympics).

Had a lot of time for Hughton though - seems like a thoughtful manager who'd built a good team spirit, and that's saying something with the mugs he's got in that squad. He'll be more successful than them in the next two years.
  • Options
    PLEASE LET IT BE PARDEW.....................that would really make my christmas. not looking likely now Jol has quit Ajax though.
    Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. I had to endure 6 years of living in Co Durham surrounded by these idiots. Passionate? yes. Knowledgeable? you gotta be kidding me.
  • Options
    Sums up what a joke club Newcastle United are, pompous underachievers who think they have a divine right etc... Chris Hughton restored a little dignity to a club that under beer belly bill have very little. Where do they really expect to be in the league FFS?? I'm sure Chris Hughton will be back with a club that respects him a bit more very soon, I have total respect for him.
  • Options
    I want Jol to get the job just because of how much that will piss off Pardew and block his return to a PL club.

How can anyone in the PL be seriously considering giving Pardew a job after he failed at West Ham (left them in the relegation zone), Charlton (relegated from the PL and effectively took us down again in 07/08) and Saints where he spent a fortune and ended up with mediocre results.
  • Options
    Talksport understands Pardew is on his way to Newcastle today

I honestly don't understand how he does it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Talksport understands Pardew is on his way to Newcastle today

I honestly don't understand how he does it

He's probably flying up there from City Airport :)