Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon Town Away ''Whos Going?''

Sooo, We have Swindon Town,

The team that knocked us out on Pen's, Who is going to brave it out and go?

I'v got the day off so i will be making the trip over there,

Lets hope we can get a good result, Would put us up to anywhere between 4th-2nd,

And would be great to do one over swindon after the playoff horror,

Comments

• Options
    Still in 2 minds, tempted to give this one a miss as noone can make it and after making the same trip twice last season my motivation is low. Have 3 away trips lined up next week as well.
  • Options
    i will be there!
  • Options
    Expect poor numbers to be honest.

People saving their pennies for Peterbro and maybe one of the cup games.
  • Options
    This will be an embarassing turnout of non league proportions, even after 2 successive wins
    But school holidays (for some)
    4 away games on the spin
    Not a new ground
    Midweek
    Champions league on telly
    School night (for some)
    Tought to get a train home late at night
    M25-M4 rush hour tough
    Not many Charlton fans live too near to swindon
  • Options
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    you going as usual ooahh?
  • Options
    I didn't even know we were playing until Saturday !
  • Options
    I'll be there ........
  • Options
    267 tickets been sold so far
  • Options
    Crikey that's pretty poor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if it stays around this number it will be poorest away turnout this season
  • Options
    I'm going but pissed off with the club for again pulling the Bromley North coach pick-up. This means I now have to take a full day off work as I'll have to go to Charlton to get the coach. I know that only one coach is going but if they can manage to pick up two or three people at Larkfield then they should be able to pick up five at Bromley.

We were only told THIS MORNING that Bromley had been dropped. I wouldn't have minded a bit more notice as even before Saturday's result the club must have had a good idea off numbers going by coach. I now have to go cap in hand to my personnel maneger to blag the full day off instead of the half day I'd already booked.
  • Options
    exactly same problem with me mate drives me insane !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonLad[/cite]exactly same problem with me mate drives me insane !

Cheers CL. I was always intending to go by train to Swindon but as I stewarded the coach to the Swindon play off game last season, having already paid, the club said I could have a free ride to Swindon this year (stewards always get a free ride). And yes, there was the 'subject to demand' clause inserted for Bromley North but despite that it still rankles that they would let us know so late that your first choice pick up point was being pulled.
  • Options
    very poor service to be honest i asked how many tickets had been sold it took them about 8 minutes to find out a number very poor
  • Options
    Same, i didnt even know about the Bromley North Pickup being changed untill i read on here! And thankgod i did, iv been working 10 days on the trot, so i havent be at home or near a computer much, just rang up and changed my pickup point to Bexley, still a pain in the backside to get to for me though,

280 is pretty poor, dispite us having 4 away trips on the trot, more then likely going to be a poor atmos, but oh well , still looking forward to it, have to work saturdays now and dispite having a season ticket, i cant go to weekend games, so its only them cold long Tus night games for me!

COYR !
  • Options
    Firstly, it's no part of anyone's job in the commercial centre to answer telephone enquiries about how many tickets have been sold for a game because it serves no purpose other than to satisfy the enquirer's curiosity. The information has to be retrieved from the system by a third party, who in his case was doing something else. It took eight minutes because that's how long it took and the correct response would have been immediate - "I'm sorry. I don't have that information."

As it is, the person who was asked has put themselves out and someone else out to get the information and their reward is to be slagged off on a message board. I don't suppose they'll bother next time.

Secondly, the Swindon coach isn't going to Larkfield, or Gravesend either. It is picking up at Charlton, Well Hall, Bexleyheath, Dartford and Godstone. Yes, we could have made a decision earlier, but we held off to see what bookings would come in on the home matchday as a service to people who might wish to travel and a service to people who had booked to use the pick-ups we now need to cancel.

As soon as the decision was confirmed we took steps to call the people affected, but some have not supplied us with an uptodate contact telephone number, so we have little choice but to use email.

In reality, our coach pick-ups are organised on the basis that we will have at least two coaches because for league games at least that has been the case for as long as I can remember. If we are going to have only one in future then Bromley would be cancelled permanently because Bexleyheath is more convenient for many more fans.

Overall we have lost about £1,000 so far this season on away travel. We can't put on empty coaches simply in order to serve the smaller pick-ups and nobody with sight of the numbers would think it sensible to do so.
  • Options
    Add 2 more, gonna get tickets on the night.
  • Options
    This one seems to have crept up on everybody silently.

Massive game - Swindon's defence is decidedly dodgy and they are definitely there for the taking.

Hope Parky sets us up in a positive manner and the players take the game to them.

Could be second tomorrow night!
  • Options
    I have only just realised we are playing tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good response Airmam Brown !!! Why do people slag off people who work for the club all the time ? (Except Parky of course ) Anyway I'm fully behind Parky now and going to Swindon !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]I'm fully behind Parky now and going to Swindon !!

why ? Did he buy you a pint down that Greenhithe pub the other week ?
  • Options
    its a question which takes about ten seconds to find out not really wasting there time is it tbh ? and it says for away ticket information please press 2 which in theory asking for the amount of tickets that has been sold is information on the away match my point proven
  • Options
    add 2 more. anyone heading down from bristol way?
  • Options
    The RMT and TSSA unions have called a strike on the Tube starting on the evening of Tuesday 2 November. Disruption is likely throughout Wednesday with services returning to normal on Thursday 4 November.

We'll run as many Tube services as we can, but some lines will have a restricted service and some stations will be closed
  • Options
    buy a drink ! Your avin a larf
  • Options
    Me and the Old Man will be there, but it's a relatively local trip for me - it'll be the 6th or 7th time I've been to the County Ground.
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonLad[/cite]its a question which takes about ten seconds to find out not really wasting there time is it tbh ? and it says for away ticket information please press 2 which in theory asking for the amount of tickets that has been sold is information on the away match my point proven

Airman has just explained it takes time because a third party has to be called to find out the info. If you've got time to spend ringing the club to find out a fairly worthless piece of info I'd suggest you've got time to wait 8 minutes for an answer and more time to waste than those people you're expecting to drop everything in order to answer your query.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I have only just realised we are playing tomorrow.
    Same :L
  • Options
    well its information i was interested in and im spending the money not them and it says away ticket information
  • Options
    I know quite a few people are buying tickets on the day,

We should end up with around 350 over in the west country, wich to fair for tuse night, and with 3 local away games comming up, isnt all that bad