Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Sheffield Wednesday (30/10/2010) - Preview, Polls, Teams, Views, News

Comments

• Options
    Benson and Anyinsah up front is going to be DANGER for Wednesday!!! Bring on saturday!!! COYR!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafc_1993[/cite]1-0 win
    would love to see us keep a clean sheet against one of the leagues better teams but doubt it[/quote]

We're one of the leagues better teams on position only mate, we're not as good as that position would suggest and we're not exactly setting the goal scoring stats on fire
  • Options
    dunno. probably a draw as sheff wed are a very average league one side and so are we.

hopefully all the parky doubters are made to feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves as the lads do us proud and grind out a 1-0 win.

1-1 unbeaten run continues.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jints[/cite]Don't have a clue. The fact that we're playing Sheff Weds will at least let me imagine for a few sweet moments that we're not in Div 3.

Would really like to see Fortune comee in for Doc.

Anyone know how you pronounce "Anyinsah"? Looking forward to seeing him play - Benno and Abbott up front wasn'tt working.

I think it's ann-yin-sah.
  • Options
    another very nervous win (hopefully!!)
  • Options
    a high scoring win
  • Options
    Weaver unlikely to be returning player scoring a goal, but may do worse and keep a clean sheet.
  • Options
    At least they no longer have Jeffers to come on and score a goal.

A tight game, Sheff Weds have conceded just 8 goals the fewest number of goals in this league along with Brighton. And this time last week Carlisle had also conceded a mere 8 goals all season.

I'd expect an unchanged team. Benson finally looks in goal scoring form and with Anyinsah makes a good partnership. Other than injuries I don't think that Parky will change any of the other players who started last week.
  • Options
    I want Wednesday to win 4-0 so that Parky will lose his job. Just joking.

It could go either of 3 ways. If we win it may be the season taking off. A draw is so so and a loss will be back to the same ol' Charlton.

Heart says a win but who knows at the moment.
  • Options
    I usually find myself swithering between two outcomes, which, of course, doesn't mean that the third outcome is what happens in reality. For this game, all three outcomes seem plausible. Sheffield Wednesday's stats don't help matters much - an average of two goals scored per away game, but less than one per game at home. It's tempting to take the middle route, but I will go for a tight 2-1 win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sadly I think it might be a 1-4 drumming on Saturday.

Which will make me all the more delighted when we we trash them....
  • Options
    I think score draw. Several Wednesday mates coming down for this one and all are in the away end.......so if we loose I'll be heading straight off after the game as I won't want to take the abuse! ;-)
  • Options
    We have the players to beat anyone in this league, which is why it hurts so much to lose 4-0 at home. As others have mentioned it really is a game where any result is possible and would not want to bet on it. I do like anyinsah with Benson though, a nice mix of pace, power with a wily old fox. Parky might have stumbled on something good here, so I expect one of them to be on the bench.
  • Options
    As long as Charlton have 1 more goal than Wednesday after 90 minutes, then i'll be a happy lad. If we win we could be in the top six and above the Owls. Happy Day's. I hope we go out onto the pitch create a class performance, and cause problems for Sheffield all over the pitch. Hopefully we see Benson score a couple again too.
  • Options
    I remember seeing Preston at the Valley, just after Alan Irvine had taken over, and they were extremely physical and hard to play against.

Expect the same from Wednesday, so i'm going for nil nil.
  • Options
    1-1

this league is wank
  • Options
    More dreadful football. Single tactic of getting crosses in the box. Lightweight midfield. Heavy weight goalie. Geriatric defence. No thank you. I'm staying at home and poking pins in my eyes. Will miss the burger. 0-1
  • Options
    Can you get tickets to watch the Under 18s? That might be the solution for the rest of this season..
  • Options
    I'm going for a 2-1 win. The Anyinsah and Benson partnership looks a real threat but we need to start keeping clean sheets and have a more solid defence. Really looking forward to tomorrow and i'm hoping for the best, for some strange reason. 3 points and we're above Wednesday, i'd definitely take a draw though. Fortune to come in for Doc but other than that I think it will be an unchanged line-up.

By the way, to prenounce "Anyinsah" it's like Annie-in-sah.

Charlton Athletic 2
    Benson 36'
    Wagstaff 52'

Sheffield Wednesday 1
    Mellor 74'
  • Options
    2-1 to the mighty reds , any & benno two score
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]1-1

this league is wank
    Seconded. Clownshoes.
  • Options
    "Clownshoes"

Love it !!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    We can win this today, we need Doherty dropped though otherwise we may need to score a load to do it
  • Options
    The first 'big' game of the season, that will no doubt be played to true (shit) third division standard.
    We need to bring in fortune for doherty, who looks a bit of a liability at the moment.
    Scoredraw.
  • Options
    Going for a 3-1 win. Benson - Anyinsah partnership to flourish and at last we will see (or hear in my case) a decent home performance. Please dont let it be Emma commentating though!!
    Enjoy the game those that are going.
  • Options
    darren purse is out for the owls which is good because he always puts in a shift against us, make or break time again, parky said he wont take any more crap from the team, really hope we come out fighting and put in a perfomance to be proud off and get us back in the top 6, if we take another pasting i think last saturday will be forgotten and the atmosphere will be vile. i really want us to do somthing special today, i was shatterd after the brighton game and really dont want to feel like that again. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!
  • Options
    My memories of Sheffield wednesday games are all bad ones, but I have a good feeling about today. I suspect the big carrot for us is scoring the 5000th goal but it's what happens in the back four that will determine today's result. We are clearly poorply organised and can't clear our lines quickly enough for my liking. I'm going for a win though, 3-2 Charlton.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    SW to score first. 1-1 or 1-0 at half time. We'll get the necessary 2 in response if the booing twats keep quiet or are supportive. 2-1.
  • Options
    If we can reproduce the first half from last week,including getting behind the boys.Forget the shaky 20 mins or so and show the pride passion and guts to the final whistle well have enough to win.Come on Charlton!!!