Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Chance we an hold off the `Parky Out`calls till Christmas?

In a world of instant gratification, are we not demanding too much too soon.
Last season we missed out on promotion by a goal. Not bad given the resources
This season, isnt it reasonable to allow say 10 games to get the squad settled.
Then there will inevitably be some poor results and scrappy unattractive games - that is the nature (and always has been), of the third division.

The tsunami of moaning is incredible. (and made me think that the crowd has sunk lower than the team, to narrow-minded short term-ist Sheffield Wednesday proportions)

Of course its not good enough, but surely Christmas is a more effective time to weigh up where we are.

Comments

• Options
    You are going to get a load of abuse mate but I agree 100%
  • Options
    ''Any Chance we can hold off the `Parky Out`calls till Christmas?''

If we start winning games, of course.

But if we continue to slide and average a point per game as we have done over our last ten matches, then obviously not. .

There are nine league matches and two cup games before Xmas. Say we manage half a dozen points and get dumped out of two cups in that time. Are you suggesting we should simply accept that and pat Parky on the back for doing his best?

Let's hope we get 20 points and go on a cup run. But how you can say that we shouldn't ask for his dismissal if the opposite happens defies logic, really.
  • Options
    maybe all over by Christmas , watching what we did yesterday , I think its PP thats 'narrow minded' on the pitch , tactics etc, not a clue. The goals we let in were Sunday park style. Lets hope he can get a 200K refund, as our 'star striker' aint going to see much of the ball at this rate. Maybe he should have gone for a decent defender / midfilder ??
  • Options
    A new manager needs to be brought in and he needs to have as much time as possible. We've chucked away too many points in matches against teams from the lower half of the table - including a few in the relegation zone for me to have any comfort in the thought that Parky has had some bad luck and can/will turn it around. He's also had enough time now since he was first appointed to stamp his authority on the team and club. Mid table in a weak L1 is not where we should be and we all know it, we aren't there by accident.

I hate to see a decent hard working bloke get the sack, especially in an industry with more than its fair share of toss-pot chancers, but any further delay risks bringing on stagnation. Brighton are now well ahead of us in the competition for automatic promotion, that leaves us with one further automatic promotion place or the play-off lottery.
  • Options
    We haven't actually demanded very much for quite a long time, the supporters have been very patient, but I think that this time, the Parkyometer has well and truly gone off the scale. Of course, a couple of decent games and it could all change. The problem for me is that I can't see that happening. It's not so much a moan, more a rather deep seated fear.
  • Options
    BFR , you say we need a new manager , but when i question his ability you tell me to 'shut up' make your mind up fella !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: andyaddick[/cite]BFR , you say we need a new manager , but when i question his ability you tell me to 'shut up' make your mind up fella !

Sure, but what we need is a logical and coherent assessment of the situation, not wild guesses about Richard Murray, the scouting system and other things that you are clearly utterly and totally clueless about. Confine yourself and debate to the former please.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: andyaddick[/cite]BFR , you say we need a new manager , but when i question his ability you tell me to 'shut up' make your mind up fella !

But you didn't, did you. You were questioning whether we ever had players scouted or just effectively bought them blind. Someone watching a player and getting their assessment wrong is one thing, but suggesting that they were never watched at all is - at this level - laughable.

But you carry on.
  • Options
    The fact, as you so clearly state, that I'm "clearly utterly and totally clueless about" the scouting system is WHY I asked the bloody quesion !! Try and keep to the topic rather than attack my posts.
  • Options
    here as well?

is there another thread I can go to without reading the bickering of you 3?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you honestly want to watch more games like yesterday through until Christmas?
  • Options
    The thing is, people have been reasonably patient this season. Our expectations aren't unrealistic and we know that we're not going to be playing like Barcelona week in week out.

But, we are nearly a quarter of the way through the season and we have yet to play well for 90 minutes despite playing some very poor teams.

Yesterday was a chance to see how we coped against one of the better teams in the division and it was embarasing to see how a bit of possesion football and movement threw us into total chaos.

The two corners in the first half where we left a player unmarked on the edge of the box summed the whole day up, to fall for it once is fair enough but for exactly the same thing to happen a few minutes later is a joke.

I no longer believe that Parky is going to be able to mould this collection of individuals into a team. I hope to be proved wrong and wont be vocal in my feelings for a few more games but time is definitely running out for Parky.
  • Options
    Floyd you say 10 games is reasonable this is 12 games in. This team with parky is not doing any better. It is a whole lot worse than last season and we failed last season.
  • Options
    i'll be generous and give him 2 games. In the unlikely event that i see a vast improvement id be willing to re assess things at christmas. Time to put the feelers out mr murray.
  • Options
    Out of interest, Spanners had 18 points from 13 games at this stage last season ... we have 16 points from 12 so not much difference.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Out of interest, Spanners had 18 points from 13 games at this stage last season ... we have 16 points from 12 so not much difference.

The is a universe of difference between millawall last year and us this year in terms of squad, manager and mentality. Glad they got promoted cos that team would have done us 8-0 this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Out of interest, Spanners had 18 points from 13 games at this stage last season ... we have 16 points from 12 so not much difference.

The is a universe of difference between millawall last year and us this year in terms of squad, manager and mentality. Glad they got promoted cos that team would have done us 8-0 this season.

Agreed, this squad does have not the togetherness that spanners had last year (and how I hate to say that!) ... just making the point that in this division, it is entirely possible to recover and have a good season even from a low position in November / December ... whether we can do it is the problem.
  • Options
    do what you like mate. I wanted him out before he was even in. Now I want him out with a passion. So not even a knee jerk reaction Enough is enough. If you are hapy with mediocrity then fine but I'm not. Parky OUT !!
  • Options
    Large and I have disagreed over Parkie since he was appointed, but the gap is narrowing and large has not moved.

I don't think today is the day to make a decision on Parkie, but that day looms and a decision at Christmas maybe too late to meet our ambitions. I firmly believe that the five games including yesterday will make or break our season,so i am content to wait till then and hope that it turns round - we need a minimum of 9 points from the 15.

However, the fact is if Parkie does survive he has a long hard season ahead of him with every negative result resulting in calls for his resignation
  • Options
    I have had a foot in both camps re Parky, and having listened to him twice at supporters meetings I was warmimg to him..............but enough is enough.

Ever since the end of last season (and even before that if truth be told) we neeeded at least TWO decent strikers............someone who could score at LEAST 20 goals a season, a natural finisher/poacher etc.

The fans knew this, the management knew this (Breaker himself said in July that this was the clubs priority) and what did they do.........signed Abbot and then spent the next month chasing their "top" target........Benson. The were knocked back time after time and instead of looking elsewhere decided that Benson was their man - so much so they spent in excess of £200k to capture him. This was money that we didn't really have (having HAD to sell our right back Richardson a month before for a paltry £450,000 and replacing him with Francis...........). Therefore, having spent time & money getting him I was expecting a hot shot striker who could get us promoted.

But what have we been saddled with ? These two strikers that our management have obviously scouted and looked at a number of occaisons have scored just 3 league goals between them in over 15 appearances - 5 in 20 apps if you count cup games too. Abbott has yet to score in the league !! This is just not good enough and having been to all bar a couple of games this season (Hudersfield, Plymouth & MK Dons cup tie) I have seen enough to safely say that they are unlikely to get 20 goals between them all season.

All this rests with Parky & Co, and I have only one thing to say to them, and to rephrase Dragons Den...............YOUR OUT !!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So we have to wait till we are in the bottom three before we call for a change?

Murray has to do something now.
  • Options
    Well we cant say for sure that we will be in the bottom three by Christmas, which is precisely my point.

He:s had the bedding in period and we are still not hopelessly adrift.

We have had a very poor performance, and suddenly the Charlton moaning sheep are at it - Parky Out, RM out, Ferguson in (or any other unrealistic list of out of work managers who are just itching to get their hands on our world beating players)

For goodness sake, leave it a while, stop expecting miracles, give it time.
    Take a wider view.
    Imagine we might make the play offs again (funny how some see this as a failure last year)
    Plenty of time for that still to be a possibility

Slowly slowly catchy monkey

Otherwise we look as stupid as Southampton Sheff Weds and the other disillusioned whining fans who throw their tantrums when we dont perform to our inflated expectations week in week out.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I have had a foot in both camps re Parky, and having listened to him twice at supporters meetings I was warmimg to him..............but enough is enough.

Ever since the end of last season (and even before that if truth be told) we neeeded at least TWO decent strikers............someone who could score at LEAST 20 goals a season, a natural finisher/poacher etc.

The fans knew this, the management knew this (Breaker himself said in July that this was the clubs priority) and what did they do.........signed Abbot and then spent the next month chasing their "top" target........Benson. The were knocked back time after time and instead of looking elsewhere decided that Benson was their man - so much so they spent in excess of £200k to capture him. This was money that we didn't really have (having HAD to sell our right back Richardson a month before for a paltry £450,000 and replacing him with Francis...........). Therefore, having spent time & money getting him I was expecting a hot shot striker who could get us promoted.

But what have we been saddled with ? These two strikers that our management have obviously scouted and looked at a number of occaisons have scored just 3 league goals between them in over 15 appearances - 5 in 20 apps if you count cup games too. Abbott has yet to score in the league !! This is just not good enough and having been to all bar a couple of games this season (Hudersfield, Plymouth & MK Dons cup tie) I have seen enough to safely say that they are unlikely to get 20 goals between them all season.

All this rests with Parky & Co, and I have only one thing to say to them, and to rephrase Dragons Den...............YOUR OUT !!!!!![/quote]

careful, Leroy will request your banned ! goes for you too Floyd seems we are seeing something very different to Leroy
  • Options
    I don't expect miracles, just something approximating to a decent performance now and then. That abomination yesterday was the latest in a long line of useless performances, too many to be co-incidence. If wanting to see the back of a manager who's been an abject failure for two years makes me a sheep, then pass the mint sauce.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Give it time Big Bill, and you may get the occasional good performance.
    Why so hasty?
    Abject failure? What - a penalty away from promotion? Hmm what abject failures have you performed in your life?? Its not really abject failure is it? Lost a bit of perspective perhaps?

Baaaad boy
  • Options
    There are 4 relegation spaces up for grabs in League One.
  • Options
    Give it time he has had over 2 years.

Have you forgotten the amount if games he had before we went down.

The fella is a joke

I was with large back then and I still am now

Parky is in the clown car waiting for the wheels and doors to come off.

His saving grace was Benson and he gambled high and it won't pay off.

I said what Benson was like I was spot on yet he gambled the family silver on it.

More fool Murray giving it to him.

Sack the man now
  • Options
    We were not a penalty away from promotion
  • Options
    I am amazed people still say hive parky a chance. When he took over we were third bottom of the championship just three points adrift. We went down rock bottom about twelve points adrift. Then with one of the best budgets in league one and hanging onto Bailey Shelvey etc we fail to even get to wembley. But it's not his team some say. But now it is his team and we are going backwards. How far do we have to fall for some of you to be happy? Maybe some of you want to see us in league two, that is where we are headed. Get rid now to at least give someone a chance to turn the season around and at least try for a play off place. Wait too much longer and you are not giving anyone else a fair crack of the whip.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Well we cant say for sure that we will be in the bottom three by Christmas, which is precisely my point.

He:s had the bedding in period and we are still not hopelessly adrift.

We have had a very poor performance, and suddenly the Charlton moaning sheep are at it - Parky Out, RM out, Ferguson in (or any other unrealistic list of out of work managers who are just itching to get their hands on our world beating players)

For goodness sake, leave it a while, stop expecting miracles, give it time.
    Take a wider view.
    Imagine we might make the play offs again (funny how some see this as a failure last year)
    Plenty of time for that still to be a possibility

Slowly slowly catchy monkey

Otherwise we look as stupid as Southampton Sheff Weds and the other disillusioned whining fans who throw their tantrums when we dont perform to our inflated expectations week in week out.

I think that's harsh. I don't actually think he should be sacked right now, but to imply that the moaning is unjustified and fans are 'expecting miracles' is misrepresenting the situation.

I could understand that sort of comment if we were 3rd and there was whining that we weren't several points clear at the top (and something like that did happen at times last season), but christ, we're 14th and have just lost 4-0 at home. There is still time to make the playoffs, but that doesn't mean that we will, and I think it's not so much a knee jerk reaction to a particularly poor result but the fact that over the course of the season we've never really looked like we're moving forward.

That being said I'd at the very least like to see how we respond to the Brighton game. Last season we came back from the fa cup debacle, we came back from the 4-0 at Millwall, and put together a really good little run towards the end of the season, culminating in being unlucky to dumped out on penalties after giving it all against Swindon. I'd give Parky longer, although not much longer if nothing improves.