Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brighton Match thread

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]On Talksport they said Benson had a goal ruled out and the Brighton scored.....we cant afford to give Parky much more time otherwise we will be too far off the pace...

Ive supported Parky all the time.....but now even my patience is running out....if we dont get up this year we are in all sorts of trouble as a club, (even more so than now), time is just seeping away and we cant keep playing poorly and hoping to get away with it. I'm sorry but he has to win next week or go....the team dont sound motivated and are berefit of ideas.....that sits with the manager and his staff..........sorry Parky.
    Brighton now 3-0 up

Hes not going anywhere and we arent going up...

We cant just keep holding onto him and hoping......look at the performances even when we have won this season we have been lucky. Team motivation is missing....we have no ideas.....soon we could be looking at mid-table as being acceptable....that cant be right surely?

We've found Parky's level?
  • Options
    Sorry stef I was being sarky. It's a common theme when Rodders and I meet up for a moanathon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]If we sack Parky we'll end up in League Two.

Such action is what got us here in the first place.

The way things are going that is also distinctly possible if we don't!

Possible but unlikely in my opinion. We've invested money in him building something. He may not succeed in getting us up but I doubt will take us down. A change of manager is the last thing we need now.

But we can't afford to stay in L1 - we'll go out of business!
  • Options
    4-0 now.....enough said
  • Options
    The money I refer to was the 250,000 for Benson - which incidentally I see as a crazy decision given our financial situation
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Can see parkinson walking after today
    zzzzzzz

It's not his fault, we got relegated because of Pardew then he's had no continuity since. Apart from the majority of the squad that he signed, it's not his team. Who would we ever get in that would be as good. Yeah, you could say, what about Brighton, they got a competent manager in who has had to switch a lot of people but that's not relevant. Keep the faith.

Erm, we got relegated a season & a half ago. It IS his team, who else signed the players we have?

Think he is being sarcastic Stefco......lowest form of humour.
  • Options
    f*ck - shocking
  • Options
    Lulz. I think a few pair of rose tinted glasses might be getting stamped on tonight.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]If we sack Parky we'll end up in League Two.

Such action is what got us here in the first place.[/quote]

I don't see what you base that on.

No it isn't, going for the cheap option when pardew went is what got us where we are now.
  • Options
    4-0.......

I agree redi... but it wont happen...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 now!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Sorry stef I was being sarky. It's a common theme when Rodders and I meet up for a moanathon.

Sorry Morts, the days frustration caught up with me, only seeing a red mist at the mo' - it'll be through beer goggles shortly after this one. :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]If we sack Parky we'll end up in League Two.

The way things are going that is also distinctly possible if we don't!

Possible but unlikely in my opinion. We've invested money in him building something. He may not succeed in getting us up but I doubt will take us down. A change of manager is the last thing we need now.

But we can't afford to stay in L1 - we'll go out of business!

Not if you don't splash around a quarter of a million for a Division 4 player
  • Options
    Apparently one of our fans just attacked parky! got it via a text.
  • Options
    rubbish... night... see you next week...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]

No it isn't, going for the cheap option when pardew went is what got us where we are now.

People can look for when the mistake was made. There are numerous claims. The point is that we need stability and consolidation. All this desperation to get up now is counter-productive
  • Options
    One of the crowd ran on to have a word with parky.

Brighton were good today but we were so bad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike_CAFC[/cite]Apparently one of our fans just attacked parky! got it via a text.

As if its his fault the club has collapsed....
  • Options
    Some old guy apparently.
  • Options
    Those who say Parky should go-----dont have a viable replacemnt when we have no dosh

Those that say he should stay are living on with utter false sense of loyalty

Parky should NEVER have been given the job after his disaster as a caretaker---------------------------now we have 2 hopes ---non and bob ---o sorry thats 1 hope as Bod is dead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lardy[/cite]One of the crowd ran on to have a word with parky.

Brighton were good today but we were so bad.

Hope it wasn't my son!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: SaySomething[/cite]f*ck - shocking

Comfortably Brighton's biggest win this season and their biggest away win since 2000
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]If we sack Parky we'll end up in League Two.

Such action is what got us here in the first place.[/quote]

No it isn't, going for the cheap option when pardew went is what got us where we are now.[/quote]

People can look for when the mistake was made. There are numerous claims. The point is that we need stability and consolidation. All this desperation to get up[u aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]now[/u]is counter-productive[/quote]

I would agree but we simply can't afford to stay in this division, Murray himself has said as much. The longer we stay here the harder is is going to be to get out.

All acadademic really, as I said, parkinson is safe until going up is no longer possible.
  • Options
    This stuffing has been coming for sometime....other teams have sussed us out...slow defensively, rely on long ball hit and hope, they double up on Reid and Martin, snuf out any chance of quick crosses, starve our strikers of the ball. Semedo and Racon go MIA when we are losing and we are outnumbered in middle of the park.
  • Options
    How on earth did we lose 4-0 at home to that mob. I saw them last week against Bournmouth and they looked very poor. Before today they had only scored 5 away from home all season!
    I wouldn't mind if we were playing good attacking football, scoring lots of goals and leaving ourselves a bit open at the back. But we're not performing anywhere on the pitch, our set pieces are worse than hopeless and they've always been that way under Parky. Something has to change and very quickly.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    heigh-ho,just put it down to a bad day at the office
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]

People can look for when the mistake was made. There are numerous claims. The point is that we need stability and consolidation. All this desperation to get upnowis counter-productive

I don't think so Jim. If we don't go up & there is no further investment, we will lose our so-called "better players", & be left with real scraps, & an even harder battle. The fall from that point can only be worse.

Something is clearly & sorely lacking in the managerial department, & without any spark of improvement over the next few games, the only way we are looking is down!
  • Options
    It's all Murray's fault! He signed three, in a row, of the worst football managers ever.
  • Options
    63% possession for Brighton and 4-0 loss at home.....directors, manager, players.......get rid of them all, the bloody clubs finished...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Full Metal Addick[/cite]It's all Murray's fault! He signed three, in a row, of the worst football managers ever.[/quote]

Dowie and Parkinson yes, but I don't know of anyone that wasn't happy when we got Pardew. No-one could have predicted how badly that would turn out.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!