Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brighton Match thread

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Long way to go but what has changed since AFKA wrotethis!

Brighton have a manager who has done well with his resources?
  • Options
    How's Kish doing?
  • Options
    Had to laugh - 2 nil down at home, so switch a defender for a defender. Scratching my head at that. Guess it's innovative.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]On Talksport they said Benson had a goal ruled out and the Brighton scored.....we cant afford to give Parky much more time otherwise we will be too far off the pace...

Ive supported Parky all the time.....but now even my patience is running out....if we dont get up this year we are in all sorts of trouble as a club, (even more so than now), time is just seeping away and we cant keep playing poorly and hoping to get away with it. I'm sorry but he has to win next week or go....the team dont sound motivated and are berefit of ideas.....that sits with the manager and his staff..........sorry Parky.
    Brighton now 3-0 up
  • Options
    3-0

and reid injured....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]On Talksport they said Benson had a goal ruled out and the Brighton scored.....we cant afford to give Parky much more time otherwise we will be too far off the pace...

Ive supported Parky all the time.....but now even my patience is running out....if we dont get up this year we are in all sorts of trouble as a club, (even more so than now), time is just seeping away and we cant keep playing poorly and hoping to get away with it. I'm sorry but he has to win next week or go....the team dont sound motivated and are berefit of ideas.....that sits with the manager and his staff..........sorry Parky.
    Brighton now 3-0 up

Hes not going anywhere and we arent going up...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Long way to go but what has changed since AFKA wrotethis!

Brighton have a manager who has done well with his resources?

Wonder if his son could do a job for us.

He can't do any worse than Parkinson.
  • Options
    2 - 1 up on BBC. They're useless, too!
  • Options
    FFS! Have I already said that?!
  • Options
    When was the last time we scored from a free kick? One from Llera last season I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    North upper just emptied by half
  • Options
    Can see parkinson walking after today
  • Options
    get this clown Parky out of here....he can do some gardening with Pardew.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]get this clown Parky out of here....he can do some gardening with Pardew.....

And Curbs!
  • Options
    Apparently crosses have been poor all game, so have our set pieces.......their professional football players for god sake.....cant do the easy things well, we dont stand a bloody earthly!! Never felt so down as I do now, we dont have a team thats capable of playing for 90 minutes. Dont mind losing but the way we DONT play annoys me!!
  • Options
    fucking dire glad i never went.
  • Options
    If we sack Parky we'll end up in League Two.

Such action is what got us here in the first place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Can see parkinson walking after today

Maybe it's his equivalent to Pardew's Sheffield United! I truly, truly admire anyone who can keep the faith given the recent performances and the results these performances have achieved.
  • Options
    Who do we get in to replace him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Can see parkinson walking after today
    zzzzzzz

It's not his fault, we got relegated because of Pardew then he's had no continuity since. Apart from the majority of the squad that he signed, it's not his team. Who would we ever get in that would be as good. Yeah, you could say, what about Brighton, they got a competent manager in who has had to switch a lot of people but that's not relevant. Keep the faith.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]On Talksport they said Benson had a goal ruled out and the Brighton scored.....we cant afford to give Parky much more time otherwise we will be too far off the pace...[/quote]

Brighton now 3-0 up[/quote]

Like it or not Parkinson is safe until either promotion or the playoffs are no longer possible.
  • Options
    Well, now I'm down here due to Uni, watching Brighton games sounds a lot more fun than Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]If we sack Parky we'll end up in League Two.

The way things are going that is also distinctly possible if we don't!
  • Options
    I've never seen a Parky team and I hope that I never do.

Brighton may be top of the table but it's been the same story all season.

We all know money is the main issue, that Parky is a nice guy and that the players like him but surely enough is enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]

Brighton now 3-0 up

Hes not going anywhere and we arent going up...

We cant just keep holding onto him and hoping......look at the performances even when we have won this season we have been lucky. Team motivation is missing....we have no ideas.....soon we could be looking at mid-table as being acceptable....that cant be right surely?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    zzzzzzz

It's not his fault, we got relegated because of Pardew then he's had no continuity since. Apart from the majority of the squad that he signed, it's not his team. Who would we ever get in that would be as good. Yeah, you could say, what about Brighton, they got a competent manager in who has had to switch a lot of people but that's not relevant. Keep the faith.

Erm, we got relegated a season & a half ago. It IS his team, who else signed the players we have?
  • Options
    15th now as it stands!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]

Maybe it's his equivalent to Pardew's Sheffield United! I truly, truly admire anyone who can keep the faith given the recent performances and the results these performances have achieved.

Thats my gut instinct. Dont think hell be sacked though i just have a feeling hell walk.....would not be good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]If we sack Parky we'll end up in League Two.

The way things are going that is also distinctly possible if we don't!

Possible but unlikely in my opinion. We've invested money in him building something. He may not succeed in getting us up but I doubt will take us down. A change of manager is the last thing we need now.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    If we sack Parky we'll end up in League Two.

Well that is quite an odd statement.

2nd post makes more sense but we can't really afford to settle for another season in League One and that will happen without a risk.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!