Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

jonny deep

Comments

• Options
    Both are actors, so actually getting the truth out of it is nigh on impossible. Depp's charm has worked wonders for him overall in the public eye, but FWIW I think Heard has been slightly worse than him in the stories told and it's only exasperated the situation and helped fuel the support for Depp.

They are both absolute pieces of shit
  • Options
    Friend of mine came to stay with us last week and talk non stop about it.

Up until then I had no clue what was going on. Mainly because, well, it’s not particularly important is it? With everything else going on in the world 🤷‍♀️

Same as the Vardy Rooney nonsense.

Why are we so obsessed with celebrities 😳
    They have the emotional age of 12 don't they.
    I've never been remotely interested in the lives of celebrities and it is easy to avoid if you are a retired old fogey like me.
    I was drawn in by the misspelling in the thread title, which I found amusing.
    Surely it should be Johnny and Amanda Shallow  :)
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Both are actors, so actually getting the truth out of it is nigh on impossible. Depp's charm has worked wonders for him overall in the public eye, but FWIW I think Heard has been slightly worse than him in the stories told and it's only exasperated the situation and helped fuel the support for Depp.

They are both absolute pieces of shit
    He's definitely no angel but from what i've read a lot of what he's said seems to be true and backed up by evidence and witnesses. On the other hand she's said a lot of things that are now being found out to be absolute lies.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Surprised that so many people have such strong views on this, taken one side, and getting into inflamed arguments. I know it's the way of the world online but it's strange. Nobody knows these two people, nobody knows the truth of the matter. I understand it's "news" as they are famous, but some of the vitriol is just odd.

I agree but the hatred for someone who happens to wear a different club's colours is also difficult to explain to someone who doesn't follow sport.

Equally, looking in, some might question why so many people get into inflamed arguments about the merits of whether a footballer at a third tier football club, such as Chris Solly for example, should be held accountable for not fulfilling his contract. But they do and there is as much more in the public domain as to what went on in the Heard/Deppe relationship than was said between player and manager - especially as the individuals in question are being questioned under oath in order to establish that truth. 

It is whatever interests you. One man's meat and all that. 
  • Options
    new version of Punch n Judy .. Amber n Jonny
  • Options
    The legal question that's being addressed is whether or not Amber Heard's OpEd is true and whether it's defamatory.  The fact that they've both come out of this in a much worse state than they entered is mere fluff.  The legal case rests on whether what she wrote about him was true and, if not, did it damage him, materially.  

So far, legally, it seems both parties are on for a big loss. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    The legal question that's being addressed is whether or not Amber Heard's OpEd is true and whether it's defamatory.  The fact that they've both come out of this in a much worse state than they entered is mere fluff.  The legal case rests on whether what she wrote about him was true and, if not, did it damage him, materially.  

In the court of public opinion, which is what this is really all about, Depp has been vindicated.
  • Options
    It says a lot that there are so few people willing to defend her in the media this time round. Even victim charities and activists seem to be unusually muted. The reaction is strikingly different to the other high profile abuse cases.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure that with the exact same set of facts, if it wasn't teenage hearthrob Johnny Depp, but John C O'Reilly, talented character actor though he is, the reaction would be different.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

In the court of public opinion, which is what this is really all about, Depp has been vindicated.
    Legally speaking Heard will most likely win. Publically Depp is definitely the winner though. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Chizz said:

Legally speaking Heard will most likely win. Publically Depp is definitely the winner though. 
    I beg to differ.  I think, in the opinion of the public, they've both lost, substantially; but Depp is a slightly smaller loser than Heard
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    thenewbie said:
    Chizz said:

I don't know if that is necessarily true (the first part) - it's a jury trial - in America - history tells us there is absolutely no telling how this will turn out when it comes to American Juries (e.g Michael Jackson, OJ, both of whom I think should have gone down)
  • Options
    It's also a civil case so nothing "legal" about it, technically
  • Options
    Whos Deep?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    thenewbie said:
    Chizz said:

I beg to differ.  I think, in the opinion of the public, they've both lost, substantially; but Depp is a slightly smaller loser than Heard
    I'd be very surprised if Depp didn't feature in some big Hollywood films after this. Read somewhere that Robert Downey Jr wants him to be co-star in films once this is out the way. The public are also generally extremely pro-Depp. I can't see Amber Heard getting another job ever. Don't particularly have much interest in the case, but having been sent some clips, she sounds like she has a screw loose
  • Options
    Not read this thread and don't intend to. If we care about this we get sucked into a World of nonsense. Why can't they just not talk to each other like others do?
  • Options
    Not read this thread and don't intend to. If we care about this we get sucked into a World of nonsense. Why can't they just not talk to each other like others do?
     Because her defamation has ruined his career, whilst it seems their relationship was toxic both ways, her career has been catapulted into success. 

Her lies have cost him millions. I'm pleased it's in court, I just hope the truth whatever that may be is found in favour of.
  • Options
    I think perhaps you don't understand the case - she has accused him of multiple accounts of domestic violence, physical, sexual you name it - I don't think this is the sort of thing mediation or "talking to each other" would resolve. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please never ever change the title of this thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Please never ever change the title of this thread.
    Makes my teeth itch looking at it, Lower case J for the first name, lower case D for the surname and both first and surnames are spelt wrong. 
  • Options
    Apparently Depp hasn't look at Heard once in the whole trial, and this stems back to when he told her a few years ago "you'll never see my eyes again"

Pretty hardcore to not only deliver that line, but stick to his word about it so far
  • Options
    For those of you that may be interested, by all accounts the jury have reached a verdict and it will be announced at 8PM UK time.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I'm so uninterested in this story. Media just feeding on itself.

I do think that the way the media has influenced the trial is poor though. There's widespread love for Depp and hatred for Heard. I much prefer our untelevised court system which doesn't try to make a soap opera out of people's suffering.
  • Options
    2.7 million people watching on one stream on youtube right now, multiple others over 250 thousand, it's a new world. Soap operas WISH they could get these kind of viewing figures.
  • Options
    Wow... Didnt expect Johnny Depp to win
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I'm so uninterested in this story. Media just feeding on itself.

I do think that the way the media has influenced the trial is poor though. There's widespread love for Depp and hatred for Heard. I much prefer our untelevised court system which doesn't try to make a soap opera out of people's suffering.
    Absolutely this. I’m finding the way Heard has been demonised quite disturbing. I don’t know enough about the case to have an opinion one way or the other, but the way it’s been covered seems ludicrously one sided. Trial by TikTok. It almost doesn’t matter what the verdict is because so many people seem to have made their minds up already and Depp will continue to get work while Heard probably won’t.
    Maybe she really is a bad egg, but the whole pantomime just doesn’t sit right with me.

Edit: So, Depp won. Now hopefully the jury made it’s decision purely on the evidence, but like @cafcnick1992 said, I can’t help but think the coverage influenced it. Safe to say Amber Heard’s career as she knows it is over. Maybe that’s karma? I’m not so sure.
  • Options
    Wow... Didnt expect Johnny Depp to win
    Neither did I, defamation is a hard one to prove.

Thought it was more about getting public opinion back on his side than actually winning.

To actually win the case is quite something.
  • Options
    At least Heard won't have to worry now about giving the $7m divorce settlement that she promised to give to charity - but never did.