Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v MK Dons - Post Match Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    On a different note, my son sits in the area of the ground that is frequented by scouts - he spotted one from Bolton - what the heck was he doing there? Seriously, if anyone has any idea I'd be interested to know.
  • Options
    The Ref was bad the shove in the back of franics early on was an indicator of what was gonna be missed.

Am i Wrong or did the ball go out of play in the 2nd half right in front of our bench and he played on? I was over the other side of the north upper to be fair but it looked out
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]On a different note, my son sits in the area of the ground that is frequented by scouts - he spotted one from Bolton - what the heck was he doing there? Seriously, if anyone has any idea I'd be interested to know.
    Scouts go to loads of games don't they? Might be watching a certain player or just keeping up with League One by watching a game.

Obviously not there to watch the likes of Doherty, but players like Fry, Worner and Martin are all young, MK Dons probably have a few young players as well.

Unless MK Dons have Bolton in the Carling Cup? Don't think they do but that would have been another reason he could be there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]The Ref was bad the shove in the back of franics early on was an indicator of what was gonna be missed.

Am i Wrong or did the ball go out of play in the 2nd half right in front of our bench and he played on? I was over the other side of the north upper to be fair but it looked out

i think they're player controlled the ball near the line and it then trickled over the line but the mk dons player moved the ball back into play and then reid tackled him without the ball going off and the ref then gave a throw to them ...... (something like that although i think i'm getting confused over 2 separate incidents)
  • Options
    I was sitting next to a member of the MK Dons staff, presumed he was the GK coach as he was at NU end of the west 2nd half.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]On a different note, my son sits in the area of the ground that is frequented by scouts - he spotted one from Bolton - what the heck was he doing there? Seriously, if anyone has any idea I'd be interested to know.

isn't that what scouts do, watch games. Doesn't mean that they have come to watch anyone specifically but they may spot someone they think is worth keeping an eye on and then will watch them specifically from then on. If not how would they spot players.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]The Ref was bad the shove in the back of franics early on was an indicator of what was gonna be missed.

Am i Wrong or did the ball go out of play in the 2nd half right in front of our bench and he played on? I was over the other side of the north upper to be fair but it looked out[/quote]

i think they're player controlled the ball near the line and it then trickled over the line but the mk dons player moved the ball back into play and then reid tackled him without the ball going off and the ref then gave a throw to them ...... (something like that although i think i'm getting confused over 2 separate incidents)[/quote]

That is the incident because they got the throw but i thought it was miles out before we made the tackle oh well
  • Options
    Have to say I was dissapointed with Benson's play before Reid and Abbott came on.

Okay he scored and thank god he did. Up until then both sides looked very average, in a very average league. Racon played well, Martin was lively, and good to see Fortune back.

Benson has an ability not to be in the right position at the right time, when we did get the ball and did give it away, he seemed to get the ball taken off of him.

How many times did the crowd appeal for a penalty/foul. and how many did we get. Sorry we are not going to get refs in this league prepared to dish out penalties on players who are not strong, and keep falling over!

When Reid and Abbott came on the team had much more impact. MK dons were very weak coming forward. If Benson plays on his own up front I am worried. With Abbott less so, or I guess Sodje......

We are really playing so deep as well, which encourages teams to come at us. Along with Saturdays performance very mediocre.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

isn't that what scouts do, watch games. Doesn't mean that they have come to watch anyone specifically but they may spot someone they think is worth keeping an eye on and then will watch them specifically from then on. If not how would they spot players.

I know why scouts go to games, just wondered if there was a reason to send a scout from Bolton, other than for a casual look-see. Knowing how tight money is for us, I'd be a bit miffed if I found out that we were regularly sending scouts to watch games 2 divisions below or above us unless there was a reason.

Normally, when my son chats to the scouts, they're from the team we're playing next or in a few game's time.
  • Options
    I've only just realised that the MK Dons keeper last night was Dave Martin, who is Alvin Martin's son. Maybe I'll have to start buying a programme again!
    I thought he did okay but you only had to see how long it took him to take every single goal kick in the 2nd half to realise that MK Dons would have been happy with a point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I said we were toothless in front of goal and Id be happy with a point. Nearly got one too.But just one shot on target is woeful at least we didnt ship five this time.

Wilbraham and Ibehre was never going to work upfront, they are two target men looking for a runner. Chadwick and Guy are depended on too much and need a rest. Hamann we were told would "own the centre of the park" I now realise this actually means he'll stand on the centre spot.

Tuesday in the JPT cant be as bad ......can it ?

Only Colchester at home on Saturday before you again then .....
  • Options
    I can't recall that shot either!!!!!! Mind you we only had a couple!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I thought we played quite well, never looked like conceding, but on the other hand also never looked like scoring.

Glad Benson scored but was litterally pleadin for him to be taken off throughout the 2nd half after didnt even test the keeper with a great chance early in the half, what do I know!

Semedo and Racon in the middle played the best Iv seen them play as a pairing, Racon my MOM, best I can remeber him playin for us. Prob perfect game to ease fortune back in as MKD played without any proper strikers, although did get done early on by one of them, after that he sat back and just read the game cutting out passes etc. Just feels alot more solid back there without liability Llera. Fry played well, francis was solid, like Jackson in midfield, martin runs his socks off and Reid changed the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    According to BBC site we had 7 shots on target. The posts here are telling a different story...win ugly is fine, Curbs made a premiership side out of it....
  • Options
    not a great performance parky looked like a man under pressure , dont trhink reid is fit cos if he was he should be starting , good to see fortune back in a charlton shirt , we still lack fire power ok benson scored a good goal lets hope he can keep it going.
  • Options
    Very scrappy game.The team was under pressure.Our confidence should be up for the next match.Fortune steadied the back and Worner is looking more assured.Fry looks agressive and Francis covered well.Doherty needs to improve.Waggy looks a different player .Lets hope this is temporary.Reid turned the game which I felt was slipping away
    before he come on.Benson .Hoping its the first of many.Unlucky with header the first half.Good cross from Francis.Martin needs a goal now or a good assist.His workrate deserves it.
    Important 3 points.
  • Options
    An improved performance from Saturday. We were passing the ball better and the defending was a huge improvement plus the attacking but still we need to score more goals. 1-0 wins aren't bad but we need to win by bigger margins to boost goal difference, it all counts. After last night i'm sure they will be ready to get three points at Brentford, i think it's going to be another tough game though.
  • Options
    Who done the whooooooah hooray running out the tunnel chrissy powell/rob elliot styley celebration at the end..... I was out the ground by then but could hear it
  • Options
    Pawel
  • Options
    Cheers wss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers wss
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited September 2010
    I can't thank you enough wss
  • Options
    lol.

i do laugh at silly things.
  • Options
    Just had a listen to Karl Robinsons post match analysis on CAFC Player.

Sometimes you have to wonder what these managers are on.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Highlights if anyones interested.

BBC Highlights
  • Options
    martin put in 3 decent assists there, not his fault our finishing is junk
  • Options
    good deep cross from Reid i saw countless crosses like that at daggers and benno either nutted it in or poached one like that

disagree that it wasnt an early ball in yes he cut back once but the defenders def expected him to push it past and lob one across him hitting one in from there caught the defenders out and benno makes the same run that he always does, i said to barnsey at half time if we put a ball in from that area benno will get on the end of it