Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Individual Errors By A Player

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Miguel Llera makes an awful lot of individual errors (Such as yesterdays challenge for the penalty).
What other players have we had that made lots of individual errors like Llera?

Comments

• Options
    Mark Fish had a few, especially towards the end of his cafc career- WBA at home springs to mind.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Phil Chapple.

I'd add Traore and Faye, but they didn't 'make' errors, they WERE errors
  • Options
    jon spector.
  • Options
    Radostin Kishishev made a number of noticeable errors that led to chances and goals.

But Kish was still one of my favourite players at that time.

Llera is a different ketle of fish as he's doing it against third division players.
  • Options
    Nicky Bailey
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Nicky Bailey

Ditto
  • Options
    It's interesting that the majority of players listed here are defenders. Given that we haven't exactly been free scoring for a long time, I'd propose that most forwards who have played for us in the recent past have been prone to errors (Messrs Mendonca, Hunt and Bent excepted).
  • Options
    Players plying their trade in the third division will have flaws in their game, otherwise they'd be playing in a higher division, so I'd suggest that everyone in the entire squad will be prone to the odd error, as they are all third division players (at best)!
  • Options
    Llera does seem more prone than most to individual errors.

Bailey and kish are good shouts. Jason Euell had a spell when he first came where it seemed easier to score than miss.

Who was the defender when Lennie was manager who come on loan and seemed to score a couple of own goals straight away ? Was it Chris Wilder ? or Balmer ?
  • Options
    Was Balmer ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Balmer.

Notts County away and Leicester at home (not certain about the home game)
  • Options
    even though Llera cost us with an individual error it's a team game. If you want to blame him, which I am not saying you are doing, then equally others are to blame for not creating chances, others for not scoring from those chances etc etc. If we were 2-0 up his error probably wouldn't have hardly got a mention.
  • Options
    Dickson and McLeod. For the few things they did sometimes add, they'd give away the ball too easily with a bad touch, pass or trying to take a player on.

Amdy Faye and Djimi Traore were the kind players who would regularly make mistakes. Traore the kind of defender who would win a tackle and then pass straight back to the opposition.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]Llera is a different ketle of fish as he's doing it against third division players.

err ? And he's a third division player himself. You'd have a point if we were judging John Terry against third division opponants but we arn't.
  • Options
    Llera does seem clumsy but is a 3rd tier player. He has slow feet and if you play on the deck against him you will dominate him.
    Put it in the air and its a different game altogether - he's one of the better players in the division.
  • Options
    mike amann(gK) paul miller,paul sturgess,brendan o'connell,carl tiler,phil chapple (even though i did like him)
  • Options
    The whole team vs Liverpool December 06 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcZJ6U9RC4o

El Kakouri seemed to make stupid mistakes

Nicky Bailey
  • Options
    El Kack was terrifying in possession

Bailey did give the ball away a lot but his finishing and late runs into the box sort of covered that up

Jamie Stuart was a constant mistake

Phil Chapple did some daft things

Kiely seemed to struggle to kick straight

Spector was a liability

Kish made a lot but his workrate made up for that

Greg Halford made so many mistakes at right back it was unreal, in midfield he was solid. As long as his arsehole points downwards he will not make a right back though
  • Options
    Sasa Illic from hero to blunderman.

I think Robbie makes quiet a few ricks
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]
    I think Robbie makes quiet a few ricks

Sound positioning and didn't put a foot wrong at Exeter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot.
  • Options
    My four most mistake-prone CAFC footballers of all time:

Ralph Milne.
    Jamie Stuart
    Carlo.
    Amdy Faye.
  • Options
    Jamie Stuart has got to be the one.
  • Options
    I'd agree with that. Went from promising left back to calamity very quickly. Wonder what was behind that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JiMMy 85[/cite]
    Ralph Milne.
    You can't have fat-arse - for two reasons.

One - He never made mistakes (he didn't get involved in the game enough)
    Two - He wasn't a footballer
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    When Andy Petterson had a bad day it was really baaad

Dave Shipperley's own goal from the half way line against Orient (later reprised by Steve Dowman) took a bit of beating, although he was OK a lot of the time
  • Options
    Traore's mistake against Fulham 90th minute at home.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]When Andy Petterson had a bad day it was really baaad
    Definitely. However, I still maintain that he made the best save I have ever seen against Palace at home
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]Traore's mistake against Fulham 90th minute at home.
    What was that? Didn't the Fulham player handball it and the ref gave them a free kick?
  • Options
    Actually, I withdraw my previous entries, just remembered Paul Miller's sliderule pass to Les Briley which he proceeded to cannonball into our net from about 35 yards. Set the seal on a particularly dismal afternoon that did.