Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2 League One Defeats In A Row

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Am I right in saying that this didn't happen last season at all?
Notts County could be a hard match after their result today as well.

Comments

• Options
    Who cares League 2 beckons.... This season is headed the same way as pardews second full season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Who cares League 2 beckons.... This season is headed the same way as pardews second full season.

Give it a rest.
  • Options
    Seconded.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Who cares League 2 beckons.... This season is headed the same way as pardews second full season.

Give it a rest.
    Nope.

I have been full of optimism and always am and now i choose to voice my opinion as certain decisions are changing my mind. Why should I have to be quiet at your request on my first bit of negativity?

Sod Off.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    We lose next week and it could be Asta la Vista Parky
  • Options
    Asia la Vista?
  • Options
    Eh Dazzler
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    LOL we can see you edited that ;o)
  • Options
    I agree that's a crap result today but remember the team have had no preseason together and it's still new. Hoopefully they gel in time.
  • Options
    We are a mid table third division club who, with a bit of luck and a following wind, could scrape a play-off place.

The probable reality though is mid table and if we are to exceed that it will be by going on a run later in the season once the players have become more familiar with each other.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Millwall had a poor start of the season but they still got promoted you never know benson could come out with 20 goals but knowing charlton he'll get 3 macca will be our top goalscorer and mid- table finish :D
  • Options
    A fully fit non suspended starting lineup of elliot,francis,youga,doherty,fortune\dailly,reid,wagstaff,mccormack, racon\semedo,martin,benson,abbot,akpo is not an average mid table starting lineup. Managed correctly and trained to the right way this is at least a top 6 team. No excuses this is a good solid team and we should be playing a tad better.
  • Options
    Dont rate Francis at all!
  • Options
    agim; I agree at the moment because of how he is playing, but as a lot of our players he is new and is with a new set of lads. This is his 4th week with the club, i'm sure he'll come good once properly settled and learnt our style of play, otherwise I don't think Parky would have made him his number one target to get after we sold Richardson. We'll see.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]We are a mid table third division club who, with a bit of luck and a following wind, could scrape a play-off place.

After the money we've spent I don't think Mr Murray will se it that way.

In fact he's stated quite the opposite himself.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Merty111[/cite]Millwall had a poor start of the season but they still got promoted you never know benson could come out with 20 goals but knowing charlton he'll get 3 macca will be our top goalscorer and mid- table finish :D

i thought millwall drew a lot of games, not lost them.
  • Options
    we have not lost loads of games ........................................................ yet
  • Options
    This time last season Norwich and Millwall were still struggling.

We have a team this year with a lot of new faces, but the problem is the same as last year, we aren't creating enough chances and not converting them. Losing 1-0 is not the end of the world.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]This time last season Norwich and Millwall were still struggling.

We have a team this year with a lot of new faces, but the problem is the same as last year, we aren't creating enough chances and not converting them. Losing 1-0 is not the end of the world.

Are you sure, reading this message board I think it is?
  • Options
    I thought before this season we'd start slowly and we are, I have every confidence that Parky and Co will get us promoted come May.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    let's just keep putting it down to a bad day at the office
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]

Give it a rest.
    Nope.

I have been full of optimism and always am and now i choose to voice my opinion as certain decisions are changing my mind. Why should I have to be quiet at your request on my first bit of negativity?

Sod Off.

A squad full of new players who have known each other for five minutes and already the doom and gloom is being wheeled out.Give them a chance to show they are consistently shit before you consign them to the recycle bin. Christ.
  • Options
    BFR is the voice of reason on this thread.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The problem is that there's nothing new about all this. We've been having bad days at the office for four years. Talk to people who like football and are just vaguely interested in our fate - they say: what's going on with your lot, another poor result today? Not, "Oh bit of a slow start but sure you'll come good." This is a results game and ours are, at the moment, not good enough - especially in the light of R Murray's insistence that we need Championship football to break even and not have to face further cuts. Listen, I could be as philosophical about poor results as the next guy if it weren't for the fact that we've been getting signals from 'above' that the club's existence depends upon how well or badly we do this season. In the light of that, wins are what we need, draws are a disappointment, defeats are catastrophes.
  • Options
    If I had a quid for every time an addick said our squad needs time to gel, every season...

Do people seriously think we are the only club buying and selling players?
  • Options
    Oh No..we've lost again...it's the end of the world (wail,sob)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]A fully fit non suspended starting lineup of elliot,francis,youga,doherty,fortune\dailly,reid,wagstaff,mccormack, racon\semedo,martin,benson,abbot,akpo is not an average mid table starting lineup. Managed correctly and trained to the right way this is at least a top 6 team. No excuses this is a good solid team and we should be playing a tad better.

Totally agree
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]The problem is that there's nothing new about all this. We've been having bad days at the office for four years. Talk to people who like football and are just vaguely interested in our fate - they say: what's going on with your lot, another poor result today? Not, "Oh bit of a slow start but sure you'll come good." This is a results game and ours are, at the moment, not good enough - especially in the light of R Murray's insistence that we need Championship football to break even and not have to face further cuts. Listen, I could be as philosophical about poor results as the next guy if it weren't for the fact that we've been getting signals from 'above' that the club's existence depends upon how well or badly we do this season. In the light of that, wins are what we need, draws are a disappointment, defeats are catastrophes.

Here too
    [cite]Posted By: AjaxAddick[/cite]If I had a quid for every time an addick said our squad needs time to gel, every season...

Do people seriously think we are the only club buying and selling players?

Very true.

It is still early days yet but if we haven't "gelled" within the next 10 games I will be a bit peeved!
  • Options
    carry on like yesterday and we will be fighting relegation come May.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]We are a mid table third division club who, with a bit of luck and a following wind, could scrape a play-off place.

After the money we've spent I don't think Mr Murray will se it that way.

In fact he's stated quite the opposite himself.

Mr Murray is a bullish bloke and it would send a poor message all round if he was anything but positive in his public pronouncements.

Like all of us he wants automatic promotion but privately realises that there is a way to go.

I don't think any chairman would speak negatively 5 games or less into a league season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]carry on like yesterday and we will be fighting relegation come May.

If we play like we did at Orient we'll be promoted, lets hope we get the latter result on Saturday rather than the former