Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why Do None Of Our Strikers Score On Their Debuts?

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Why oh why can I remember all this shit yet managed to forget my debit card pin number in Sainsburys last weekend?!

lol

Senior moment, Mr Largo, sir.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Many of those in Forza's list made their debut only as a late sub.

So if they've only had 10 or 15 mins on the park as a debutant, that's hardly a fair comparison to a player who played a full 90 mins and scored.

But the fact remains that most of them were complete pony for us though Oggy.

I'm not going to dispute that, Offy!
  • Chris Jones did it :p
  • Killer did it.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Was Iwelumo's full debut against Sheff Wed?

thats what i thought and i thought he scored
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Was Iwelumo's full debut against Sheff Wed?

thats what i thought and i thought he scored

Wasn't he sub and came on for the start of the 2nd half, as we were playing shite and 2-0 down?

Andy Reid pulled one back from just outside the area ..... then Big Chris bagged the late equaliser, and an 87th minute winner where he dribbled the ball across the area and a reverse shot low past the keeper.

I think.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Bartlett came on as a sub away at Liverpool, which I beleive was his debut - didn't score then.
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Nah, don't think that's right Golfie. Was sure we signed him in the days leading up to the Man U game - didn;t we?
    Checked Soccerbase and he made his debut as a sub away to Liverpool like Golfie said, but his first start, so his full and home debut was against Man Utd.

Charlie MacDonald made his debut as a sub but scored on his full debut in the FA Cup as MrLargo said.

And Iwelumo made 3 sub apps before starting for the first time and scoring twice against Sheff Wed.
  • Mark Hudson did it.

Chris Jones...Riscardo, well remembered. Header v Cardiff...one of only three goals he got for us.

Did Mark Stuart do it....away to Huddersfield?

Did Alan Pardew do it (on full debut) away to Bristol City?
  • Pardew marked his debut by getting sent off for gobbing at one of their players...!

I noticed that Hudson, Dailly and Llera all scored on the debuts at The Valley so I bunged a fiver on the Doc for first goal v Bournemouth - an investment as bad as some of the aforementioned Pardews
  • Bradley Allen's debut goal was at Norwich. Matt Jackson's shot spilled by Gunn and Allen got to the rebound.

Indeed Pardew was sent off after scoring at Bristol City.

Leaburn did it on his full debut at Newcastle....

...and David Whyte at Portsmouth.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]Bradley Allen's debut goal was at Norwich, etc......

Didn't Allan Simonsen score on his debut when we lost 3-2 at home to Middlesbruff?

Not a striker, but Gary Poole did it on his debut against Queers Pork Strangers.
  • Well remembered....Simonsen did score on his debut v Boro (bit of a deflection on his free-kick). My first Charlton home game.
  • [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]Bradley Allen's debut goal was at Norwich. Matt Jackson's shot spilled by Gunn and Allen got to the rebound.

Yeh MrLargo, that wasn't Allen's debut against Luton.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Super Clive. He notched one on his debut against Oxford (pretty sure that was his debut).

JJ's debut goal was as a sub against Southampton.

Also, couple of memory questions here - that Kitson goal at Palace wasn't his debut was it? And Graham Stuart - debut goal V Leeds or was that not his debut either?
  • I think graham stuart made his debut at west ham
  • edited September 2010
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]I think graham stuart made his debut at west ham

I think you're right, Oohaah. We nicked a 1-0 win there.
  • edited September 2010
    And what about Steve Stacey - a defender on loan from Ipswich - one appearance one goal.
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]I think graham stuart made his debut at west ham

I think you're right, Oohaah. We nicked a 1-0 win there.

Well I think Stuart got that one as well didn't he so the debut goal point still stands!

Just remembered we played Boro away the week before Oxford which was Mendonca's debut, so I've killed myself with that shout.
  • All changed now, anyinsah you beauty
  • I wonder whether the title of this thread should omit the words 'on their debuts'
  • Sponsored links:

• Haha about a minute after the goal, I thought of this thread!
  • Good to see Joe Anyinsah finally buck the trend, it's taken 21 strikers for one to score on his debut since Marcus Bent but finally its happened! I too thought of this thread after his goal haha
  • [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]

Surprised nobody has mentioned Super Clive. He notched one on his debut against Oxford (pretty sure that was his debut).

Pretty sure he played at Boro the week before. Was him home debut though.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]

Pretty sure he played at Boro the week before. Was him home debut though.

Clive scored on his home league debut. His debut at Middlesboro and then at home in the League Cup (v Ipswich) he did not score.